Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

LuvURobert

Now CLT...

:rocker  Happiness in Slavery ~ NIN

"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Steve



CLT At Night (without keyboards)  :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

That "Cymbal" was really cool !!  :shock:  I was just listening aswell.

And watching the link, eyes were scanning with each new sound that was made, loved it.  :smth023

That was cool  :rocker

scatcat

definately trippy...   :smth026 mesmerising... is he any relation to the God George Harrison?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

i'm glad someone liked it, i think it's really cool "song".  :smth023

Quote from: scatcat on November 24, 2007, 13:03:56
definately trippy...   :smth026 mesmerising... is he any relation to the God George Harrison?


hmmm not that i know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Harrison

anyway gavin's awesome, certainly one of the best drummers around, one of my favorite musicians at the moment.
i'm totally captivated by his playing :shock:  - and listening to musicians like him.... uuuhmmm it makes me wish that the cure had bothered to auction someone like him back then in the 90s... aaaarrrggh. :roll: 
he's currently drumming with "maybe the best band on the planet right after that certain other band hmm well you know who i mean" Porcupine Tree (sorryyyyy caley...).

if you want to see gavin in action (really worth it imo), you should check out this dvd:

http://www.porcupinetree.com/discography.details.cfm?albumid=118



i know it's really bold to say so but it might be the best live dvd i've seen so far. especially gavin's playing makes my jaw drop...  :shock:


i searched youtube for some of the best clips from the dvd but of course they get removed all the time because of the copyrights...
all i could find now was 'Train's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlDr6aKEH4

unfortunately not so much gavin there on this track but otherwise worth watching. and some funny bits included: just watch around 4 minutes how steven breaks a guitar string on a really "great" moment - "we were doing SO well..."  :lol: 

:smth020


(ok ok i know that caley will beat me in public for this post, i know.... i'll go into hiding now :oops:  ;))
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 24, 2007, 16:54:01
i'm glad someone liked it, i think it's really cool "song".  :smth023

Quote from: scatcat on November 24, 2007, 13:03:56
definately trippy...   :smth026 mesmerising... is he any relation to the God George Harrison?


hmmm not that i know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Harrison

anyway gavin's awesome, certainly one of the best drummers around, one of my favorite musicians at the moment.
i'm totally captivated by his playing :shock:  - and listening to musicians like him.... uuuhmmm it makes me wish that the cure had bothered to auction someone like him back then in the 90s... aaaarrrggh. :roll: 
he's currently drumming with "maybe the best band on the planet right after that certain other band hmm well you know who i mean" Porcupine Tree (sorryyyyy caley...).

if you want to see gavin in action (really worth it imo), you should check out this dvd:

http://www.porcupinetree.com/discography.details.cfm?albumid=118



i know it's really bold to say so but it might be the best live dvd i've seen so far. especially gavin's playing makes my jaw drop...  :shock:


i searched youtube for some of the best clips from the dvd but of course they get removed all the time because of the copyrights...
all i could find now was 'Train's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlDr6aKEH4

unfortunately not so much gavin there on this track but otherwise worth watching. and some funny bits included: just watch around 4 minutes how steven breaks a guitar string on a really "great" moment - "we were doing SO well..."  :lol: 

:smth020


(ok ok i know that caley will beat me in public for this post, i know.... i'll go into hiding now :oops:  ;))


@Marika.
Do you have that dvd? It is truly excellent  ;)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

Quote from: Steve on November 24, 2007, 17:35:28
@Marika.
Do you have that dvd? It is truly excellent  ;)


yes i do - otherwise i wouldn't have said it's the best damn live dvd i've ever seen. ;)
although it took me a weirdly long time to get it, i don't know why. i only just bought it a few days ago.  :oops:

i've always been into live videos/dvds (both official and nonofficial) but i admit that i quite rarely watch many of them all through on one single sitting - even the best ones i usually watch in several parts/in bits and pieces (maybe i lack some basic concentrational skills or something...). anyway, this one has made a strange exception: i've watched it all through on three days in a row now.... and that's just not at all normal for me. so all i can think of is that it must be pretty good, i suppose... but the musicianship on this performance is simply so exceptional, on all fronts.  :shock:

ps. i write in small letters so maybe caley doesn't notice...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

 :smth043 :smth042 :smth036 :smth005
You are very funny.

It is a cracker of a recording. You got the Rockpalast one?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

aaahh no i don't, but i should download it from the official site, really. all my live stuff's unofficial - thanks to a lot of good people on dime... :smth023
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

incoming.... ;)

CLT The Buzzcocks: What Do I Get?

Genius!
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 24, 2007, 17:49:46ps. i write in small letters so maybe caley doesn't notice...


Well, I'll write this in large letters so you all do notice...

http://www.porcupinetreeforum.co.uk


japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Although I do agree that The Cure deserve a more technically inclined drummer, no doubt.


ROGUE

Iam listening to Kate Miller-Heidke at moment, first time i heard this i hated it !!

Second time i saw this link on t.v. and was really amazed, around 1:27 her voice trips me totally and at the
end where she screams.

I find her very interesting, very different, interesting, hard to describe,
But i thought her like Cindy Lauper cross Kate Bush (and opera) when i first heard her.?  would like some feed back, what
you think, anyone ?

Iam not sure about the eccentuated accent, but i really love her bold type of singing, and her vocal range.
I havent heard all of her songs, but was captivated with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVxWtzYxIbw

~Edit ~Yes its definately grown on me too.  :smth050