2007.08.08 Brisbane - Entertainment Centre (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

Thank you for the video...why is Bob so "shy" , especially with the girls?? :? :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Steve

Quote from: Lady on August 10, 2007, 14:46:29
Thank you for the video...why is Bob so "shy" , especially with the girls?? :? :-D

'cos girls are scary  ;)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

brett05

Hi all. First post.

Just got to say The Cure were awesome as always. They never fail to impress me and Brisbane was no exception. I was just to the right of Robert and about two meters from the front. I've got a few dodgy mobile phone pics which I could post later.

Just a question. Does anyone know if tour merchandise is available for purchase from anywhere other than the concerts? I was going to buy a shirt as a gift for someone and should have done it on the night but didn't think.

Cheers, Brett

mikmcc

spherikus

concert merchandise has a tendency to show up on ebay post-tour. usually sellers claim that the items are brand new, so I assume that somehow they've managed to get a hold of whatever was left over.
also, much of the merchandise was from the company love police, their website is www.lovepolice.com.au but they don't seem to have any cure gear in their online store which is disappointing because I missed out on a shirt also on account of the fact that by the time I got to the front of the line the only shirts they had left would have made excellent tents but not exactly great garmets for someone of my size. So i have a hat.

brett05

Thanks for your reply Spherikus. I'll look into those options.

Cheers, Brett

monghi

from thecure.com about Brisbane show:

Worse concert ever - go and see slim dusty

8/11/2007 11:55:32 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

SIMPLY
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

f*ck OFF!
YAY!

RSX

Meet & Greet DENIED !! Brisbane

8/11/2007 12:09:04 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

RUBBISH!

THERE HASNT BEEN A SINGLE LEGIT M&G DENIED...

WE HAVE NO MANAGEMENT
I KNOW WHAT GOES ON
ALL OF IT
ALL THE TIME

I WISH SOMETIMES
NOW
I DIDNT

I SHOULD BE ASLEEP
RSX
i never said i would stay to the end

strange_day

The people on those forums are just idiots, there are no other words to describe them...... they just waste air on this planet......

If i were Robert id be saying saying more than just 'f*ck OFF'......

I guess thats part of it though, being well known.

It must be disheartening sometimes to realise that some of these people who listen your music turn out to be like that.....
Fortunately thats not the case with most The Cure fans (as i can tell from here  ;)), but you always get some dont you?  :roll:

spherikus

Cosmic Nights, I just watched your video of at night on youtube and I do believe that the indistinct blob in the corner of this photo is in fact your arm :)

it's a small world. (and it gets even smaller, I'm also sound&fury of the retard olympics comments on the cure community forum, I'm feeling all stalker-y all of a sudden)

cosmicnights

Na, that's not my arm cos I was further along than that.  I was on the right hand side of that bald guy security guard.

nausearockpig

Quote from: monghi on August 11, 2007, 23:34:22
from thecure.com about Brisbane show:

Worse concert ever - go and see slim dusty

8/11/2007 11:55:32 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

SIMPLY
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

f*ck OFF!
YAY!

RSX

Meet & Greet DENIED !! Brisbane

8/11/2007 12:09:04 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

RUBBISH!

THERE HASNT BEEN A SINGLE LEGIT M&G DENIED...

WE HAVE NO MANAGEMENT
I KNOW WHAT GOES ON
ALL OF IT
ALL THE TIME

I WISH SOMETIMES
NOW
I DIDNT

I SHOULD BE ASLEEP
RSX

Worst concert ever??? who the fk wrote that?? maybe some toolsqueezer who wanted The Lovecats to be played... LOL

hush

^ LOL.

My friends mum was at the Brisbane concert aswell (she adored it)
&& she said that some people behind her were saying after the last encore, even when the main lights came on, that it couldn't be over yet, they haven't played Lovecats.  :lol:

japanesebaby

Quote from: hush on August 13, 2007, 13:10:41
^ LOL.

My friends mum was at the Brisbane concert aswell (she adored it)
&& she said that some people behind her were saying after the last encore, even when the main lights came on, that it couldn't be over yet, they haven't played Lovecats.  :lol:

LOL.  :lol:
hehe that sounds like someone's famous last words: a dude lies there on his death bed and says "no this can't be over just yet, they didn't even play the freaking lovecats... uuuuuh..." - and then the dude dies. LOL. ok i'm sorry for some really bad humour today...

and hmm i sort of agree with you javier but i was also somehow genuinely delighted to read that "the worst concert ever" comment on thecure.com because in the context of what's posted there most of the time it simply felt like a refreshing anomaly... like a fresh gust of wind.... aaaaahhhh...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

~*CherryRed*~

I've just read the posts about people and their Lovecats obsession! LOL, I had people around me in Melb. actually yelling out for it to be played! As if they'll change the setlist for them! I have a theory on why Lovecats 'seems' to be so popular with people... Every nightclub you go to anywhere, and you ask for a Cure song, invariably they'll only have Lovecats. So thats why I reckon non diehards (like us!!) seem to love that song so much! I could've suggested a million (well not quiet, but you get the point!) other songs to yell out!!!

Also I heard about the Brisbane meet and greet thingy (via billee), and all I have to say is that I didn't really believe that the band wouldn't have met with them, as we all no just how fan friendly our lads are!!! If they didn't do it, I said it would've been due to a real legit reason. Let's not forget people they are only human and can get sick/ill... and who wants to meet people and be all friendly when you feel crook??? So that was my reasoning - must defend them!!

Also did any of you BrisVegas people hear the music played before intro(tape) began the show? The background type music that was played as the fellas on stage farted about with last minute prep.?? I firmly believe that that music was a taste of the forthcoming album! It sounded alot like possession from the join the dots box set... And if I'm right, I'm really excited about the new album - as it's a newish sound for them!!! What do you all reckon?
"prone to flights of whimsy"

~*CherryRed*~

I forgot to add a few of my pic's for you to view! I have other if your interested!
"prone to flights of whimsy"