Cure tattoos

Started by dsanchez, November 07, 2006, 15:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

Nice one there shutupbatface... Like that ID name to! hehehe. I decorated my guitar with a similar style writing to that in your tattoo... 'tis cool writing is it not!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

jbud1980

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on November 06, 2007, 22:48:52
To be inked or not to be inked - that is the question!

For me, Tattoo's were always going to happen. I'm an arty farty type person and at school I was always drawing on my arms/legs any exposed body area... so it was a natural thing for me to go all the way when I became of age!

Also I really 'like' people that get tattoo'd. I like to see what they have and ask why - makes for interseting conversation at times! And it's also like being a part of something, you have something in common with that person.  8)

I like to see that the tradition of tattooing continues. The Christians almost succeeded in their effort to have the practice wiped of the face of the earth... and as I'm not religious in any form, to me it's "sticking it to the MAN" (as the saying goes). Hmm, I'm not intending to offend anyone here either I want to say.

Someone mentioned awhile back in here, that they thought it was silly having Robert Smith tattoo'd on your body...  I forget the exact words used. I want to say here that I have Robert one one side, and Sid Vicious on the other. They represent the two sides of my personality. A Ying & Yang type thing I guess! And even at the age of (nearly) 34... it still applies.

Everyone is different, and what works for me definately won't work for others. It's so cool to go to an outdoor music festival and see all the artwork on peoples bodies! Living and breathing art... we're all on the same wave length, but so original in our way of expressing it. I have often chatted to complete strangers about their artwork, and even made some friends that way! It's a great way to strike up a conversation. And unless the person your chatting to is a complete wanker, they will generally be really nice and chat to you about their work and experience.

I intend to have a load more work done when the budget allows. It is very true that once you get one, you never stop at that one! - your always thinking of the next one you'd like to have. My fella is covered in them, and some of his tattoo's are really impressive I have to say!

And one last thing (and then I'm done on this topic for ever). I actually won "best realistic" for my Robert Smith tattoo in 2006 at a Tattoo Show I went to! So to the person that said they thought my Robert looked like Sugar Ray... hmm!

i have younger female cousins who are completely sleeved, and so is my younger brother. i'm somewhat ambivalent about tattoos, but i will never get one because they, to me, are a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

kingofsorrow

Quote from: AlluivialL on November 08, 2007, 21:35:15
I think of all the tattooed portraits I've ever seen of Robert, I like this one the most.

even though it's kind of surreal, I really like it.

wow! this is an amazing tat.
الحس تيزي
nagetemo mou imi datta chigiretetta kuso kurae omoide nanka
TO LIVE, IS TO BE A SLAVE TO PAIN.
to live is to suffer but to survive Well that's to find meaning in the suffering.

ryachu

i have 6 tattoos with my most recent one being the old, original Cure logo in purple on my inner arm!

KissingCrimson_x

this is my first tattoo on my right wrist

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on March 05, 2010, 02:47:27
i'm somewhat ambivalent about tattoos, but i will never get one because they, to me, are a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

my thoughts exactly. i'd never get one (and even if i ever did, i know it would not have anything to do with the cure or any other band).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: KissingCrimson_x on March 17, 2010, 18:17:12
this is my first tattoo on my right wrist

Looks pretty much as a dead Kentucky fried chicken.
again and again and again and again and again and...

erpomata

My Second cure tattoo. Today.😎
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

erpomata

This is my first one. Choosing the third
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi