What these Cure words mean to me...

Started by melly, January 22, 2008, 06:23:03

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on August 12, 2008, 22:37:41
Robert says that it's It's so hard to think "It ends sometime And this could be the last..."  but actually we should think that way always. Only thinking that way we will live each moment with total intensity.

this is true.
actually i might even go a bit further: one of the best pieces of advice i ever learned was that we should learn to consider ourselves already dead because it's only then that we stop worrying about everything.
it was soemthing i read long ago from a book by carlos castaneda (a pretty strange book by the way, in most ways... but it had some good pieces of advice like this). imagine that your death is always right next to you, only an arm's reach from you. we have an illusion of living forever and we do everything in our power, to put out mortality out of our mind. but instead, remember to think about your death (like a creature sitting there right next to you, ready and set...) often enough and actually consider yourself already dead, like it already caught you. and a lot of foolish petty little things and worries immediately clear up from your mind and only important things remain.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 12, 2008, 22:52:39
actually i might even go a bit further: one of the best pieces of advice i ever learned was that we should learn to consider ourselves already dead because it's only then that we stop worrying about everything.

That's really a great tip. Took note of that. I guess that will help to ease the fears and paranoias I have sometimes :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

KingOfSomeIsland

The Perfect Boy strikes a chord with me because one of my closest friends was a girl who kept falling for the wrong guys. She wanted to be in love so badly and kept telling me that this was the right guy for her and sometimes it even seemed like that. But they would always end up hurting her. And she would be left crushed.
And her heart may be broken a hundred times
But the hurt will never destroy
Her hope, the happy ever after girl
One day finds the perfect boy

mothtoaflame

disintegration
now that i know that i'm breaking to pieces i'll
pull out my heart and i'll feed it to anyone

it helped me through a lot, coping with death, dealing with family issues, surviving middle school, break-ups, and just life in general. really listening to this song for the first time was an epiphany, it made me realize that i wasn't alone in how i was feeling.

this is a lie
this isn't truth this isn't right
this isn't love this isn't life this isn't real

when i first heard this song i was struggling with attachment issues. i was in a relationship where i was loving and not being loved in return, and this song woke me up, especially those two lines.

lovesong
however far away, i will always love you
this song means a lot to me. there was a lot of loss in my life when i heard this song, and it definitely lifted me in some way. it was also given to me on a mix tape from my first boyfriend, and i think it will always remind me of him.

close to me
this song just reminds me of being alone, being bored, being stuck in the same routine -- it often gets me to go out and do something.

lost
i can't find myself
it reminds me of when i'm not sure who i am, what i need, how i want to live my life. it's another one that reminds me i'm not alone.

i could go on forever, but i think i'll spare you. :)
dull, dull, dull epigrams!

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: mothtoaflame on August 30, 2009, 08:51:09

i could go on forever, but i think i'll spare you. :)

there is nothing to 'spare' us from. :) i find it amazing how a bunch of people that haven't even met each other can communicate through having the same passion!

i can just say that in general the cure's music makes me feel understood and less alone. and that's why i'll keep on listening to it no matter what!!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

mothtoaflame

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN
there is nothing to 'spare' us from. :) i find it amazing how a bunch of people that haven't even met each other can communicate through having the same passion!
well said. i don't think i've ever thought of it that way. i agree, it is amazing! :)
dull, dull, dull epigrams!

Iused2bme

end - i think i've reached that point where all the things you have to say and hopes for something more from me
are just games to pass the time away .... i think i've reached that point where every word that you write of every blood dark sea
and every soul black night and every dream you dream me in and every perfect free from sin and burning eyes and hearts on fire
are just the same old song.
  I feel like this alot.  just sort of jaded and tired of listening to the same stuff from people.

from the edge of the deep green sea - she slips her dress like a flag to the floor, hands in the sky surrenders it all.  reminds me of a particularly interesting experience ;)

a foolish arrangement - throwing me her bravest smile, defiant glittering shivering guile. catching cold is quick this time, but fish? fish may take a while.  don't know why really but i just love those lyrics.

halo & home - the entire songs - makes me think of my wife

scared as you - the whole song - i feel this way often. 

nerdiee

I think I will start with "out of this world" and I will not highlight the lines, I will take it as a whole song, namely the quote that Robert brought to it

"I think that particularly with "Out Of This World", I was just trying to get that sense that I often have which is a kind of curse that whenever I'm enjoying something, I'm always thinking that it's gonna end"

yes, this curse haunts me all the time, this hopeless feeling of the passage of time and the feeling that you live in the past .. because the present is leaving with every second, everything always ends and I hate it

"Kiss me goodbye
Pushing out before I sleep
Can't you see I try
Swimming the same deep water as you is hard... " this is not directly related to the meaning of the song, but still... for me it means that it's harder for me than for other people, the feeling that I'm just not fit for life in general, I'm just .. very tired "... can't you see i try.. swimming the same deep water as they is hard"

"I've been watching me fall for it seems like years
Watching me grow small, I watch me disappear" - sometimes, because of my mental illness, i feel like i'm breaking down more and more, and it lasts for years... i just falling, slowing down... but that's sometimes, haha, don't worry, i try to confront my problems and i think i'm making progress on that, although sometimes I feel really bad..

oh and i also really love "if only tonight we could sleep"
I love this idea of ��eternal rest so much...

"Everything you do is irresistible
Everything you do is simply kissable
Why can't I be you?" - sometimes I like a person so much that I want to be him myself or like him... for example, take Robert, I want to be like him.... haha, it's quite funny if you remember the backstory of this song, when one fan ask Robert  why he(fan) cant be him XD

at the end of this list (I think someday I will add it, because I still have a lot of lines from songs!) I think and I became very sad, because not a single line or song is connected with other people in my life or with some an important person, simply because.... I simply don't have such people, as you can see, I'm very lonely and very fixated on myself, haha...
sometimes I write white poetry, but I don't think I'll ever be able to write something about love or relationships with people... I just don't know anything about it, I'm not familiar with it... and it's very sad, I don't understand why this happened to me... haha, sorry, I went back to my experiences, as usual XD
teach me how to swim at the same deep water as you