What One Question Would You Ask Robert If Given The Chance?

Started by nausearockpig, December 29, 2005, 03:04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

nausearockpig

If you were given the chance to ask Robert ONE QUESTION ONLY, what would it be?

Mine would be:

[As i'm handing him a CD] "Can you record and release these songs that i've written?"

I love hearing The Cure cover songs.
I remember that in 2000 there was a competition that the band were involved in that they would do a cover song backstage at the Livid Festival [top gig....] as chosen by one fan.

the song they did was "Love Will Tear Us Apart". I was very disappointed that they didn't pick my entry of "Social Disaster" by Regurgitator [my favourite Australian band]

anyway, hearing them play my music would be enough for me to pee my pants..

i figure that because i started this thread, i can add in extra questions [from serious to stupid]:

Can i have a copy of each show that you have taped?

What really happened with Roger and Perry? [probably a bit of a sore point]

When are you touring Australia again you bastards?

Can i have one of your electric guitars?

Can i have a million pounds?

Can i join your band?

Janko

Oh, man...

I'd ask him:

"Whats up, man?! Are you OK, man?! How's it goin'?! Cool..."

And then I'd tap him on the back saing:

"You're OK, man..."

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Sussex

My questions would be:

- When do you want to make a concert at Malaysia?
- Can u sing 'love song' live at my wedding as a gift to my future wife..?

"Thick As Shit"

drowning

i had the chance 2000 after the concert in munich .........
and i was thinking about what question would i ask since i became a cure fan...

and then i met him, and all things i imagined were totally different.
robert is really nice and polite, not a "rock superstar"

and so i had to say " thank you robert for over 20 years with wonderfull music, which is part of my life"

and my question was" when will you release the new record ?"

he really gets a little hit by this question, he was very surprised and looked like" we just released bloodflowers, making a tour, and you want a new record ? what do you want more ?????????????????????"
but in his polite way he just turned the eyes and said " we will see" he smiled saying that :-)

Bloodflower

Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

Quote from: nausearockpig on December 29, 2005, 03:04:48
IWhen are you touring Australia again you bastards?

"you bastards"... hey no wonder you'd get only One Question before the security would kicked you out hehe ;)

Quote from: Bloodflower on February 28, 2007, 01:26:47
"How are you?"

i was actually going to say something similar - something decent and polite to say when you meet a person, any person....
ok i know i might sound like a smart*ss but honestly i can't really think of anything i'd want to ask him, not to mention if i'd ever want to meet him. because i find it's mostly ever so awkward to meet people you've grown to admire. it can break the spell somehow, like "is that it then?"
there's absolutely no curtain between yourself and the music but i think it's better to have the curtain between yourself and the person behind the music...? 

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 28, 2007, 07:24:17
Quote from: Bloodflower on February 28, 2007, 01:26:47
"How are you?"

i was actually going to say something similar - something decent and polite to say when you meet a person, any person....
ok i know i might sound like a smart*ss but honestly i can't really think of anything i'd want to ask him, not to mention if i'd ever want to meet him. because i find it's mostly ever so awkward to meet people you've grown to admire. it can break the spell somehow, like "is that it then?"
there's absolutely no curtain between yourself and the music but i think it's better to have the curtain between yourself and the person behind the music...? 

Further, everything disappoints me, and I think the ideal of Robert I have in my head could not be matched by the real Robert, who has flaws just like everyone else. I think I would find myself disappointed that he isn't the superhuman I think of him as. The logical part of me knows that he's human, that he has flaws like the rest of us, but to see it in-person, I think, would make it a truth, irrevocably.

But I would like to meet him, just to say hello, perhaps thank you. A real conversation, however, could shatter me.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Plainsong

I asked him how he liked his new MAC lipstick!  :lol:
If I could ask him another question I'd ask him if he still has a scar on his thumb where he smashed it changing the tire years ago.

Dillinger

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on February 15, 2007, 22:05:05
What is All Cats Are Grey about?

"all cats are grey in the dark" is a quote from, i think, benjamin franklin. maybe related to that?

i dont know what i would ask. probably can i have a photo  :roll: or about playing nearer to me. or if i had the chance to think about it while i was there i'd ask whether they would consider releasing another real cheesy single ala LGTB

seifukusha

my best friend met most of the band and all he could say was how big of a fan he was. he said everyone was very nice. there you go

disintegration

Why don't we go to drink a beer?  :-D
Then with some beers we can find a lot of things to discuss!  :-D
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Aarna

I don't think I'd have much sanity left by then to come up with a decent question  :D
I'd just say Thank you for everything
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

Carnage Visor

I would say thank you for helping me find myself, and for being my all time favorite musician. :smth023
Then I'd ask him how he got his hair that way because I want that hair, man!  :rocker