Hi. I'm new here. My name's Tom

Started by Cold Colours, May 25, 2008, 02:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Colours

Hi.  I'm new here.  My name's Tom, I'm 37 (nearly) and I recently had my faith restored in The Cure after several years of disappointment with the previous lackluster lineup's lack of, well, the things I had come to love and admire about The Cure from lineups past.  I've been experiencing a renaissance in my reverence for Robert and his cohorts lately.  In just under a week, I will be winging my way out to Southern California, back to where it all began for me when I was but a wee, nascent Curefan, to catch The Cure at the Santa Barbara Bowl.  A night like this one could turn out to be I haven't experienced since the Wish tour back in 1992.  I feel a revitalization in my affection for the band to match the one the band themselves seem to be displaying night after night on the current 4Tour.  I look forward to re-acquainting myself with old favorite albums and songs and am eager to see what curiosities other Cure fans have been engaging themselves in conversation about since my time away from the fan circles.

It's nice to have a place to focus my fan obsessions on right now.  They are certainly flowing freely again like they haven't done in many years.  Hey hey hey but I like it when that lightning of inspiration comes.  I like it alot.

Just like the oooold days.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]