(When) Will The Cure Get A Keyboardist?

Started by Bloodflower, May 31, 2007, 22:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

cult_hero

cure without a keyboard suck! :smth011 porl should try to play the guitar parts on his guitar and not the keyboard parts!

lostflower4

I wish Porl would play keyboards on some songs. There are a lot of songs they've been playing where his part isn't significant, and he would be better suited to doing something else. Play For Today comes to mind.

I think they'll get a keyboard player on stage if/when they do a tour after the upcoming one, which probably means a few years.

Carnage Visor

Um...Just wondering...Does anyone miss LOL on drums?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Carnage Visor on July 26, 2007, 01:30:46
Um...Just wondering...Does anyone miss LOL on drums?

Not at all.  I do miss Boris, though  :rocker

lostflower4

Sometimes I think Lol put more passion into his drumming than Jason does... But he probably wouldn't work that well with the newer material.

Agreed: Long live Boris! :D

Carnage Visor

I hold the trio of Lol, Robert, and Simon as my favorite Cure line-up. Don't ask why...thats just the one I feel closest with...and the lineup that got me interested in the group in the first place. Porl is cool too, but I just think he (how do I say this without stirring up something) he doesn't look good with Robert and Simon. That sounds really shallow, but there have been many Cure members who haven't really fit the group's initial image, and for a while that was Porl. :cry:

But I like him alot more knowing he's stuck with the group for so long.

Dillinger

i dont like porl too much because he goes OTT with the guitar alot

lostflower4

Quote from: farquad92 on July 30, 2007, 01:17:44

???

Bloodflower

Quote from: farquad92 on July 30, 2007, 01:17:44

Over-the-top?

And if that's what you meant with your enigmatic little acronym, then I agree, at least with this line-up. I haven't seen anything resembling self-control yet.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Cure Freak

I miss the keys and I miss Roger. I really loved the way he played.
But, I doubt there is going to be another keyboardist.

And, another note, I miss Boris. He put his all into his playing.

CureCrusader

I don't think they'll bring back the kb but I wish they would.

Quote from: cult_hero on July 25, 2007, 07:34:11
cure without a keyboard suck! :smth011 porl should try to play the guitar parts on his guitar and not the keyboard parts!

A guitar that plays the keyboard bits can never replace a keyboard tht plays the keyboard bits.  :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Cure Freak

Quote from: CureCrusader on October 12, 2007, 08:31:37
I don't think they'll bring back the kb but I wish they would.

Quote from: cult_hero on July 25, 2007, 07:34:11

A guitar that plays the keyboard bits can never replace a keyboard tht plays the keyboard bits.  :rocker :rocker :rocker :rocker
I have to agree. You can never, totally, replace a keyboard or it's sound. no matter how well,it's executed on a guitar.

Steve

I'm missing the keyboards too really.
They did actually add some more texture to the whole sound.
I got the Festival DVD for xmas & it took me a while to get used to the sound & even now I still find it difficult.
The Miami show was the same & although the arrangements were pretty good, the execution was not the best in all cases.
The Download festival was also notable for the, what still seem experimental, guitar parts. The intro to A Forest was a shambles. If they are to do it without keyboards, then they should opt for the short intro.
Having said that, I do like IOTICS withouth the keys.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on October 12, 2007, 14:21:47
I'm missing the keyboards too really.
They did actually add some more texture to the whole sound.
I got the Festival DVD for xmas & it took me a while to get used to the sound & even now I still find it difficult.

I agree with this, I loved the keyboards in the band, and was totally freaked out when I heard ther was none in the concerts here... Lovecats is not the same without keyboards.. but I still take my hat off to Robert and the band for the improvising with guitar sounds.. altough not my flavour, it still was the best concert I've been too..  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

TBH Lara Of all the recordings I've heard from the 2007 shows (still to hear Brisbane...anyone?), the Melbourne one is a "stand out" show for me too.
It seemed to be a really big sound & very tight.
Download fest wasn't bad, but if you fcuk up the beginning of the first song, then people (well me actually) will just pick holes.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php