Robert Smith Under the Weather?

Started by jbud1980, May 21, 2008, 17:12:59

Previous topic - Next topic

jbud1980

Hi, I hate to post slanderous bits of info, but many from www.thecure.com have stated that Robert's voice has been suffering the past couple of shows due to maybe a cold. The last show in Kansas City was cut short (missing an encore) yet there is no notification of a cancellation of tonight's show. Have you guys heard anything about this at all? Also, if he is sick, would it not be better for him to cancel a couple shows to spend time getting well instead of aggravating his illness further?  :(

plainsong16

exactly!!!!!!!
it could be the best thing!!!!!!!!!

cure_kitty

Robert posted this today in this topic on the official web site: 

From the "Denver, CO  / Red Rocks Amphitheater 5/21/2008 - (Show)" topic

THROAT RED ROCKS

5/21/2008 1:03:07 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

WELL...
TODAYS DOCTOR GAVE ME THE SAME ADVICE AS YESTERDAYS DOCTOR
BASICALLY
I NEED TO REST MY VOICE...

WHICH IS GOOD ADVICE
BUT HARD TO DO WITH 4 SHOWS A WEEK!!!

ANYWAY
I HAVENT SAID A WORD SINCE HE LEFT ME
AND I HOPE
I HOPE
I CAN DO A BIT BETTER IN DENVER THAN I DID IN KANSAS...

BUT OUCH
THAT KANSAS SHOW HURT!

...ONWARDS
RSX

I KNOW I KNOW
THIS SHOULD ALL HAVE BEEN IN a quiet voice

I hope he's resting up today & taking care of his throat so they will not have to cancel the show tonight.  It would be quite disappointing for the Denver Fans if the show had to be postponed or canceled  but I hate to see him get really sick.  :cry:  He needs to take care of himself before it gets worse. 

dsanchez

Quote from: cure_kitty on May 21, 2008, 18:37:16
He needs to take care of himself before it gets worse. 

Exactly. The best would be to pospone tonight's show and rest a bit more. I know this would be terrible for many fans who have travelled a lot, but health is the most important thing in life, and Robert should really take care of himself. If he continue touring, let's pray that he gets better asap.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

coxoxi

Hope he'll get better soon! *crossed fingers*  :smth049

Hero

Poor Robert! I was listening to some of the Kansas City show on youtube earlier and he sounds so sick. I agree that postponing the show would be a good idea but i very much doubt he will. Maybe if the whole tour hadn't already been postponed he would...
He needs Ribena, ice cream & lots of Lemsip! I hope he's not going to do any lasting damage. Get well soon Robert!

silversand

That's sad that Robert has still a cold. Poor boy :(
Hope he will get well very soon.

mint car

I hope that Robert's throat will be good soon...
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

coxoxi

Lucky Robert that he has so many fans that think of him and want him well!
Wonder if he ever thinks of that  :)

Poe

Quote from: cure_kitty on May 21, 2008, 18:37:16
I KNOW I KNOW
THIS SHOULD ALL HAVE BEEN IN a quiet voice

Ha! That's exactly what I've been thinking when I've read his messages, "why is he shouting at us?!"  :shock:

Too bad this has to happen when they've already postponed the tour. They'll make it up to the fans I'm sure...Get busy getting well now Robert!
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

jbud1980

I was listening to a live version of prayers for rain from last night's show on youtube and his voice did not sound that bad, though I could tell something was off. However, he did not sound as bad as I imagined, and as well, how can one judge voice quality from listening to it on youtube?

...crossing my fingers that he will be in tip-top shape for the Hollywood show, and for the rest of the tour :D

bearnutt0054

Quote from: jbud1980 on May 21, 2008, 17:12:59
Hi, I hate to post slanderous bits of info, but many from www.thecure.com have stated that Robert's voice has been suffering the past couple of shows due to maybe a cold. The last show in Kansas City was cut short (missing an encore) yet there is no notification of a cancellation of tonight's show. Have you guys heard anything about this at all? Also, if he is sick, would it not be better for him to cancel a couple shows to spend time getting well instead of aggravating his illness further?  :(

He fought like heck to get through Chicago.  Spatting quite a bit.

Plainsong

He spit a big glob of ick out on the stage during Lullaby in Chicago! At the time I thought it was a bit gross but once I heard he was sick I understood. All that goo in your throat's gotta go somewhere...

Janko

Spitting on stage.
Very punk rock!

:D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

hpantazo

Robert's been pretty durable over the years, and no sign of losing anything due to age so far, pretty impressive when compared to other lead rockers his age.