The album got pushed to 2008, more like an April/May release

Started by monghi, August 10, 2007, 07:36:38

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 11, 2007, 15:51:05
I wouldn't be so sure... :?

Well, you may be right about that.  Still, I don't think Robert is as powerful as he thinks he is.  For a major label to allow an artist to release a DOUBLE album in two different versions, and not tour the US in support of it (because, really this tour isn't a tour for the new album.  It now seems to be just a tour) seems pretty unfathomable to me.

cureterra

Quote from: silversand on August 11, 2007, 22:34:22
Was it for the third or forth time (i'm not really sure - i could be wrong)?  ???

in 2005: the new album  on robert's birthday in 2006
in 2006: the new album  in october 2006
in 2007: the new album  in april/march
          then
         the new album in october
          now
         the new album the next year... :?
*** VANILLA SMILE ***

silversand

Thanks cureterra for your help :)

So many times they pushed the release of the album back!?!. That's a little bit too much i think.

Now we have to wait and see if/when the album will come out :)

Carnage Visor

Does anybody have a clue what types of themes they'll have in the record? Or what style they are going for as far as musicwise...

Call me a bad fan, but I had no idea they were even making a new album! Rock on, Robert! :rocker

Descent

It's supposed to be a bit like Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me : a collection of upbeat and atmospheric/weird/heavy songs. Duality.

I don't have a problem with the record release being postponed.

mralphabet

Although I'm looking forward to it, I don't mind waiting a bit more for the new album; what really matters is the final result. A better result is worth a longer wait. I have mixed feeling about the last three studio album (WMS, Bloodflowers, The Cure), none of them lived up to my expectations. Even though there are good songs here and there, none of them completely convinced me. So I hope the upcoming work will be better and I hope Porl's contribution will be important for that. I think several old songs which have been performed live by the new lineup suffer from the lack of keyboards, but I hope that new songs, written without keyboards from the beginning, will work better. So, again, it's ok if they take their time, I just hope they come up with something really good.

Cure

oh gr8
what gr8 news 2 read after summer
hope i'll get the album b4 i reach robert's age
haha
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

curekid

i really do feel like the fans got the shaft on this one...its like the band is just saying "f*ck em"...we wait in line to get tickets, we book hotel rooms and then 3 f*cking weeks before the show they bail out?  they didnt realize they has a scheduling conflict before this?? very weak ...its like they are taking the fans for granted...maybe fat bob has been spending too much time with blink 182 afterall...

Cure

Quote from: curekid on August 25, 2007, 05:48:39
i really do feel like the fans got the shaft on this one...its like the band is just saying "f*ck em"...we wait in line to get tickets, we book hotel rooms and then 3 f*cking weeks before the show they bail out?  they didnt realize they has a scheduling conflict before this?? very weak ...its like they are taking the fans for granted...maybe fat bob has been spending too much time with blink 182 afterall...

& i just come 2 agree..
this sux
they just know they'll get all this money 4sure, so they reely give no shit..
the difference is obvious when watchin a live show from '90 or b4, and now..
anyway, seems there's no other way..
we take it or leave it.. haha
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

medak

so, now they have postponed the autumn tour and are back in studio, the album maybe will not be pushed back till next year? maybe there'll be a late autumn/before christmas release as things have changed again???
;)

[labyrinth]

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Tof

Tof

[labyrinth]

i don't think it'll be April,
don't forget here in Europe they've already been before the last album was released and nobody knew the new songs...then i don't think, they're going to do again this thing.
and then, it would be....BAD....if they stopped the tour and release the album for April... they could've completed the tour and then release the album in May ... what's the difference? i mean, they did this for the album...and to complete it NOW (as he said)

Janko

Quote from: [labyrinth] on August 31, 2007, 13:51:13
i don't think it'll be April,
don't forget here in Europe they've already been before the last album was released and nobody knew the new songs...then i don't think, they're going to do again this thing.
and then, it would be....BAD....if they stopped the tour and release the album for April... they could've completed the tour and then release the album in May ... what's the difference? i mean, they did this for the album...and to complete it NOW (as he said)

WELL I DONT WANT TO BE MEAN, BUT  I THINK THEY KINDA DROPPED THE BOMB WITH THIS DELAY, SO THE NEXT DELAY(S) WONT BE SO HARD TO MAKE...

THE ALBUM CERTAINLY WONT BE OUT FOR CHRISTMAS
AND IT WOULD BE VERY LOW KEY TO PUT IT OUT IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY

AH...

I JUST HOPE IT WILL  BE WORTH WAITING!

:?
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason