exhibitions, art, science, history, museums, nature - anything/everything...

Started by japanesebaby, March 29, 2009, 20:59:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on April 29, 2009, 14:51:32
Quote from: Trust... on April 29, 2009, 12:54:49
Here they are  :D

where is this, Trust?

In the country where you live  :-D It calles "Gorges du Verdon". We took the road from Castellane to Moustier Ste Marie. The end of that is "Lac Saint Croix" It's really a beautiful place on earth!!

I was there 6 years ago and than I almost drowned it that river  :-D We where young and stupid !! It looks like a very calm river, but in the summertime they open "the gates" (I don't know how to call it in English  :oops:) and than you really have a wild river for rafting and when you're there with a simple rubber boat, yes than you're happy that you can see it again as a living person  :-D

It's really impressive, more than you can see on the pics, this place and another (The valley where they make the film "Jurassic Park" are the two places I should say I like the nature the most) But hey I need to see some more places!
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on April 29, 2009, 18:11:14
It is more beautiful in real!!

it always is.
thanks for the pics, it looks really beautiful out there. especially wonderful pale but jewel-like blue color in the water.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

A fresh report from the ISLAND... With Cure on my mind...

These pictures are taken during may this year. The bearded guy, with glasses and not too much hair, represented in four of the pictures is my brother.
again and again and again and again and again and...

fiction

alwaysprayingforRAIN

thanks fiction!!! the pictures are beautiful. i know this was shot in island but somehow it makes me wanna go back to sweden... weird :)
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

fiction

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 19, 2009, 17:02:43
thanks fiction!!! the pictures are beautiful. i know this was shot in island but somehow it makes me wanna go back to sweden... weird :)

Oh no, no, no! These pictures were shot in Sweden on THE island which is my favorite island as southeast as you can get in Sweden. The islands name is Utklippan and it´s located southeast of Blekinge.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: fiction on May 19, 2009, 17:44:56
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 19, 2009, 17:02:43

Oh no, no, no! These pictures were shot in Sweden on THE island which is my favorite island as southeast as you can get in Sweden. The islands name is Utklippan and it´s located southeast of Blekinge.

oh ok. looks like my feelings were smarter than my head this time :)
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on May 18, 2009, 22:36:16
A fresh report from the ISLAND... With Cure on my mind...

wow i really envy you now, being able to go there again. i hate it that i always have so much work in april/may (the busiest time of the year) so that it's practically were difficult to get much holidays then and i often have some 10 hour days. i always feel like i'm missing unforgivably too much of the best time of the year, the spring. when i get some real days off, it's already almost over. like now. maybe some year it'll be different, maybe someday...

i really like the way you named the pics after cure songs.  :D i like that pic of the wave breaking in 'snow in summer'.
and the one called 'just like heaven'. it really looks like that - both for me looking at the pic and for any tired little bird trying to stay up in the air over the endless waves fighting its way up north, i imagine. what a paradise island for the weary.

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 19, 2009, 20:17:49
wow i really envy you now, being able to go there again.  maybe some year it'll be different, maybe someday...

Well I was just there for one week. My brother and the other guys stayed for two weeks. But still... It´s an island for contemplation and serenity. I hope You´ll find space for some valuable time in the archipelago of Åland this summer.

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 19, 2009, 20:17:49
i really like the way you named the pics after cure songs.  :D i like that pic of the wave breaking in 'snow in summer'.
and the one called 'just like heaven'. it really looks like that - both for me looking at the pic and for any tired little bird trying to stay up in the air over the endless waves fighting its way up north, i imagine. what a paradise island for the weary.

The picture called "Just like Heaven" is taken from an aeroplane or helicopter some years ago so that pic wasn´t really taken by anyone of us. I just found it and thought that it would give a good survey of how small the islands are. One can go there by helicopters but we always go by boat.

It would be a great place for a relaxed curemeeting. Unfortunately my birdfriends doesn´t care much for any kind of music and maybe that really doesn´t matter on a place like this but sometimes it´s a great thing to just discuss some music.

I´ll try to get there for a few days this summer aswell for marking razorbills. Never done that before. Send you some pics if that comes true.

Trust...

fiction

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on May 24, 2009, 10:48:05
Here's my frog that lives in my garden:

definitely gorgeous!  :D what species is this, do you know?
thanks for the pic!

i've read that many species of frogs and other amphibians are heavily declining in many places. sometimes for some unknown reasons, sometimes it could maybe be linked to the climate changes. at least around here i've noticed this to be true. frogs are not at all so common as they used to be. even in the spring (when you should be able to see masses of them, gathering to ponds and small lakes), you just didn't see them that much at all. it's a bit alarming, really. :?

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 24, 2009, 11:29:35

i've read that many species of frogs and other amphibians are heavily declining in many places. sometimes for some unknown reasons, sometimes it could maybe be linked to the climate changes. at least around here i've noticed this to be true. frogs are not at all so common as they used to be. even in the spring (when you should be able to see masses of them, gathering to ponds and small lakes), you just didn't see them that much at all. it's a bit alarming, really. :?

Very true. At Utklippan there are two species of which one of them, Grönfläckig padda, bufo viridis (see the pic.) is endemic for atleast Sweden. They can be found at some Danish islands aswell and in eastern Europe and down to north Africa.

Trust...

Quote from: fiction on May 24, 2009, 11:04:02
Quote from: Trust... on May 24, 2009, 10:48:05
Here's my frog that lives in my garden:

Qute! And it´s got its own raft aswell. Georgious!

Yes it is georgious :-) There were some plastic frogs on that raft in the past, I'm glad we have a real one :)
He makes a lot of noise too. Maybe I can tape it, is a lossy frog-sound file possible  :-D