Crazy world

Started by dsanchez, January 07, 2015, 17:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyler

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 18, 2015, 15:55:18
Quote from: erpomata on November 16, 2015, 08:37:31
god killed more people than hunger...
In the name of Lord and then I have to agree.I grew up in a catholic family,too,
and I don't think that this kind of bringing up was completely wrong.On the other hand,it's easy to promise
a life after death with reportedly thousand virgins,when no-one had ever returned from "there" to tell
the whole story.
No-one claimed also that living in democracy is easy.I mean the problems with those guys have been
known for decades,as well in Germany and something have to be done.We will see...

I'd think that Germany in particular would have an excellent system in place;  I don't think fascism will "rise again" (like the confederacy hasn't in the US), apart from the sort of low-rent fascism in place in most 'democratic' nations.  Seen all the security cameras in your neighborhood?  Every time there's an attack it gets worse.  It may reach a point where we do ourselves in without any 'help'.

cheyler

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 15, 2015, 15:48:20
Quote from: dsanchez on January 07, 2015, 17:52:26
A very sad day and a very bad start for 2015.
Paris,once again.A bitter end for an otherwise mediocre year.What comes next?
Public events only with police protection or should "we" declare our cities to fortresses?
A European tour or single event is more and more unlikely. :(

I'll bet the European leg starts in France.  Cross the channel (by boat) and you're there!  I get the impression that RS takes a somewhat fatalistic view of life and he won't be dissuaded by a 'single' incident.  Nothing I say should be construed as an attempt to lessen the effect of the bombings and shootings in France.  If this nonsense were to be more widely spread, then we very well could be out of luck.  But it isn't so we won't be.

Ulrich

Please refrain from bashing one single religion in this topic, this is about general "world craziness".

Quote from: cheyler on November 19, 2015, 05:56:42
I'll bet the European leg starts in France.  Cross the channel (by boat) and you're there!  I get the impression that RS takes a somewhat fatalistic view of life and he won't be dissuaded by a 'single' incident.

Well anyone who's heard the lyrics to "Us Or Them" would think so:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cure/usorthem.html
There is no terror in my heart
Death is with us all
We suck him down with our first breath
And spit him out as we fall
There is no terror in my heart
No dread of the unknown
Desire for paradise to be...

"I live in knowledge of real truth
And all my gods are great!"
The doleful cant of a bigot
Blinded by fear and hate
You live in knowledge of real truth?
Oh the biggest lie I heard
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

erpomata

Quote from: cheyler on November 18, 2015, 21:22:08
  The threats and intimidation and forced guilt I got from the catholic priests 40 years ago are, to me, nearly the equivalent of war crimes.  Telling a kid he or she is going to hell unless you do this or that (or more importantly, to them, unless you DON'T do this or that) is criminal beyond description and I will have nothing to do with any of it.

i totally agree. i was born in roma, i live in italy, and i don't have to tell you how politicians are completely on their knees to vatican. a law can't be done without their consense, catholic schools have more money than public schools, and i could go on telling you how life is dominated by christian ? ethics.
but i'm sure that in europe people has a real vision of life, i hope in young people, and in their minds.
anyway saturday i'll be in milan for simple minds, and next one in bologna for editors.
life goes on, the only moment i live is now.

kisses
M

fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

Ulrich

Indeed many concerts, matches etc. are happening, thus there's nothing to worry about any future Cure tours at this point in time. (These things will probably become part of the negotiations between band, tour agency and local promoters, security staff and so on.)

Another thing:
http://anonhq.com/the-dalai-lama-just-told-the-world-to-stop-praying-for-paris/
Quote"We cannot solve this problem only through prayers," he said, possibly referencing worldwide calls to #PrayForParis. "I am a Buddhist and I believe in praying. But humans have created this problem, and now we are asking God to solve it. It is illogical. God would say, solve it yourself because you created it in the first place."

When the interviewer suggested his sentiments of peace, love, and compassion have fallen on deaf ears around the world, the Dalai Lama declined to entertain a pessimistic view. "I disagree. I think that only a small percentage of people subscribe to the violent discourse," he said. "We are human beings and there is no basis or justification for killing others. If you consider others as brothers and sisters and respect their rights, then there is no room for violence."
:smth023

PS: please note the post above mine was edited due to fix the "quote" in it.

MeltingMan

Quote from: cheyler on November 19, 2015, 05:43:29
I'd think that Germany in particular would have an excellent system in place;
Excellent or not,only one newspaper,so far,had the balls (last Monday) to publish
a photo from inside the Bataclan club after the shooting.I almost cried and it affected
me more than all those candles and mourning people in TV.It doesn't help because the
viewer remains indifferent.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

cheyler

Good point.  Being sheltered from all that, government pressure on the media to keep certain words and images from the public to prevent fear and panic,  it just makes it all worse.  Probably obvious to many of us.  We have only one local newspaper now, down from three, the most conservative newspaper (naturally) is the only one left.  Very little info and no images.  This country is circling the drain and instead of people doing what they can to save it, most people just want to pretend nothing is happening and hang on to whatever they can and 'wait for the end'.  Something I never hear mentioned is that when (not if) America is no longer the world 'power' it is now and someone else takes its place, there is going to be hell to pay.  Serious f***ing retribution for all the nastiness this country has rained down on various nations all over the world.  Death and destruction not seen since WWII.  Well, maybe South Korea but guess who?  Again.  But hey, we'll all be dead by the time THAT happens, so who cares?  Right?  If the idea of leaving this world to the next generation, in the state that it's in now (and more importantly the state it WILL be in 25 years from now), doesn't bother anyone, doesn't make them think that maybe something has to change, then these are some seriously selfish and thoughtless people and there's very little hope for the generation after the next one.  But if more people can be brought around to the idea that (and I really believe this) after death we're right back here again starting all over, then maybe it will occur to some that 'hey if I gotta come back to this catbox, I don't want it full of turds'.  A bit crude but you get the idea.

cheyler

QuoteExcellent or not,only one newspaper,so far,had the balls (last Monday) to publish
a photo from inside the Bataclan club after the shooting.I almost cried and it affected
me more than all those candles and mourning people in TV.It doesn't help because the
viewer remains indifferent.

Just saw the photo you are probably talking about.  Looks like Jonestown almost.  Also looks like the place was very nicely refurbished; pity they're going to have to do it again.

The Bataclan used to be (late 70s) an awful dive.  The Dolls played there and later the Heartbreakers.  And The Clash too if I remember correctly.  Every one of those bands had one or more junkies in it.  One of them had four!  And it was a four-piece!  Anybody know if it has cleaned up its act over the years?

It's probably obvious I don't have the faintest idea how this quote stuff works..

cheyler

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 21, 2015, 22:28:11
Quote from: Fabien G on January 19, 2015, 17:05:44It's an instrument of power upon poorly educated people with much belief.
That's understandable.Strindberg asked in his book "Lilla Katekes För Underklassen":
Can mankind live without religion? Yes,for the upper class,which have the means
and resources for existence it's easy,but for the lower class living by constant fear
for one's livelihood it's hard.By the way the book wasn't published during his lifetime...

Christopher Hitchins used to say that people knew right from wrong thousands of years before the 10 commandments were (supposedly) handed down.  I agree with him.

People had an innate code of ethics millennia before morals entered the picture and ruined everything.  If you think of morals as an umbrella, one to each religion because all religions differ to varying degrees, that's still a hell of a lot of people getting rained on.  Ethics on the other hand is the tarp that covers us all.  You know, except for people that go and do stupid s**t like in Paris.  Twice.

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on November 19, 2015, 19:12:14
It's probably obvious I don't have the faintest idea how this quote stuff works..

Fixed it. For free. Next time it'll cost money.  :lol:

cheyler

That was funny, and I appreciate it.
Thanks

cheyler

I forgot to ask, you requested earlier that we refrain from bashing one single religion.  No problem.  Would it be acceptable if I were to bash all of them?  Individually, I mean, not in a lump.  Credit where credit's due, always.

MeltingMan

Quote from: cheyler on November 18, 2015, 21:22:08
Technically, one person did come back (or is it two?  either way I don't buy it for a minute) but I guess they were all too busy putting their eyeballs back in their heads to get any actual information and he was off again.  Did I mention that I don't buy it for a minute?
Sorry.I meant none of the suicide assassins came back to confirm the 'virgin' story,for example.
However,I still believe in eternal life,not as prolonged life in terms of human judgement,but as eternal
separation between good and evil.Look at them:young,male and female and throwing their life away!
Nonsense.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)