Underneath the Stars

Started by KingOfSomeIsland, July 18, 2008, 07:09:28

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermilk

I love this song to death.

patitodark

Quote from: othervoices on July 18, 2008, 18:01:27
UTS is the best thing since the disintegration era. I only hope the studio recording captures the emotion of the song played live. Aready a live classic.

For me, Jupiter Crash is the only song that´s grown in me since the so-called "Jason-era". Really, the only one that is worth it. Another one that fits perfectly in the "Cure-Style" is Fake from The Cure album. That one sounds like taken from the Wish sessions.

I´ve seen UTS from the MSG concert and I feel is lacking better drums/percussions. It lacks that nice sounds Boris used to include in his songs.

revolt

Quote from: patitodark on August 07, 2008, 05:11:27
Quote from: othervoices on July 18, 2008, 18:01:27
UTS is the best thing since the disintegration era. I only hope the studio recording captures the emotion of the song played live. Aready a live classic.

For me, Jupiter Crash is the only song that´s grown in me since the so-called "Jason-era". Really, the only one that is worth it. Another one that fits perfectly in the "Cure-Style" is Fake from The Cure album. That one sounds like taken from the Wish sessions.

I´ve seen UTS from the MSG concert and I feel is lacking better drums/percussions. It lacks that nice sounds Boris used to include in his songs.

Well, what about 'Bloodflowers' (the song)? That one has some good percussive drums... And "The Promise" is a real tour-de-force in this respect, me thinks.

japanesebaby

Quote from: patitodark on August 07, 2008, 05:11:27

i'm afraid i very much have to agree.
the decline of the cure started with boris leaving... then porl joining brought it all up a few big notches, but the rhythm section...
simon would really deserve a better companion there, seriously.
:/

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on July 18, 2008, 07:09:28
f*cking AMAZING SONG!

amazing lyrics, music, everything... you just said it!...perfect, just perfect!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tigermilk

Quote from: tigermilk on July 25, 2008, 08:51:24
I love this song to death.

It's great live, the perfect opening. The album version isn't as good as I'd hoped. Too much echo on the vocals for my liking. Still nice though.  :smth023

Whiskers

I think that I prefer this song live; the studio version's vocals are too hard to understand

carycameron

Quote from: Whiskers on October 30, 2008, 23:42:03
I think that I prefer this song live; the studio version's vocals are too hard to understand

Yeah, that's why i also prefer Plainsong live; the vocals are much clearer