2008.05.09 Fairfax - Patriot Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

[j reported live for Curefans.com]

Soundcheck

Setlist

Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The Walk, The End Of The World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, The Perfect Boy, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, Push, Friday I'm In Love, In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

First Encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest

Second Encore: The Lovecats, Let's Go To Bed, Freak Show, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You? 

Third Encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab                           

Notes

(sullen)

"The band have arrived at Patriot Center. Soundcheck is beginning. The venue has confirmed the set will be three or close to three hours.
Stage time is: 20:15-00:00"

(j)

"65dos just started"
"65dos have finished their set"
"Plainsong was very atmospheric.  Space travel imagery on the screens"
"One of the screens went out!" (during The Walk)
"A new song we have never played before - a world premiere" (RS introducing The Perfect Boy)
"Maybe 20% of the crowd put their hands up" (FTEOTDGS)
"The volume is nowhere near the loudness in Mexico City"
"A lot of people are leaving" (After the end of the first encore)
"Here's some pop stuff" (RS on the second encore)
"Apparently we have a curfew" (RS before the third encore)
"A F*cking excellent night" (RS)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

The people who publish these dates should really brush up on their geography.

Not exactly Washington D.C., even though it's nearby.

bomber2007

I was thinking the same thing myself, and I live in Australia !

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 22, 2007, 13:16:43
The people who publish these dates should really brush up on their geography.

Not exactly Washington D.C., even though it's nearby.

I agree.  Often, Seattle is listen when a band plays George, WA.  It's over 2 hours away!

loladare

If someone has pre-sale info for this concert would they mind sharing?  Thank you very much!
My parents burned my CURE collection in 1989!

loladare

Finally some solid info on the Fairfax show: "Just wanted to pass along some information regarding The Cure'sperformance at Patriot Center on the campus of GMU in Fairfax, VA onSeptember 19th. According to their campus box office: Tickets go on sale on Sat July 14th through Ticketmaster.There will be no pre-sale.All seats in house will be $57.50 + convenience fees.GMU students get a $3 discount, but no priority seating.End Stage setup with no GA, all seats." Thanks to Darrell for getting the info.

dsanchez

Quote"My parents burned my CURE collection in 1989!"

Is this true?  :shock:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

loladare

it has already come and gone...that was th eworst experience I have had buying tickets in a long while....I got thru it an dended up with freat floor seats but that was thru a connection.  Ticketmaster is so awful- it os a horrible shame what a money hungry monster it is. 

melly

seeing as though this show is only nine days away (it's the 30th.April here in Oz), this thread is very quiet...
anyhoo, is anyone from here ( the forum) going to this concert?
jus' wondering...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

j

Quote from: melly on April 30, 2008, 04:54:49
anyhoo, is anyone from here ( the forum) going to this concert?
jus' wondering...

Check out below for the list of who's going (of course this isn't complete...I know of at least one other member who is going but is not listed)

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4274.0.html

melly

oops     :oops:    I could have looked there, sorry..
but thanks for the info!! Just thought there would be more of a "buzz" seeing as though it's not long now!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

DJscribbles

does anyone know approximately how many hours before the show do they do the soundcheck?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

sullen

Usually in the early afternoon..

Good luck and safe travel wishes to all!

j

Hope I make it in time for the show, if at all....my flight is scheduled to land in DC at 3:30pm tomorrow

Overnight into Friday, look for heavy rain moving through the central Appalachians to the Eastern Seaboard. The corridor from Washington, D.C., to New York City will see heavy rain well into Friday.

:smth011