2008-06-08 Austin TX

Started by cheyler, August 23, 2017, 01:30:22

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyler

Look at this set list!  Looks like Austin got the best show in 2008 and came damned close in 2016.
The recording is one of the best of the 2008 tour as well.

2008-06-08
Austin Music Hall
Austin, TX

Taped and transferred by atxwolfattack
Edited, tracked, and seeded by leehookem21

Source:  Church Audio ST-11 > Church Audio ST-9000 > iRiver H120
Editing:  Soundforge 7.0 (fades, lowered claps by 6dbs) > CDWave (tracking) > flac level 6

One Set
Disc 1

01 intro
02 Open
03 Fascination Street
04 alt.end
05 Torture
06 The End of the World
07 Lovesong
08 The Big Hand
09 Pictures of You
10 Lullaby
11 Catch
12 The Perfect Boy
13 From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
14 The Figurehead
15 A Strange Day
16 Sleep When I'm Dead

Disc 2

01 Push
02 Doing The Unstuck
03 Inbetween Days
04 Just Like Heaven
05 Primary
06 The Only One
07 Signal To Noise
08 The Hanging Garden

Disc 3

01 One Hundred Years
02 End
03 -encore 1-
04 At Night
05 M
06 Play For Today
07 A Forest
08 -encore 2-
09 Three Imaginary Boys
10 Fire In Cairo
11 Boys Don't Cry
12 Jumping Someone Else's Train
13 Grinding Halt
14 10:15 Saturday Night
15 Killing An Arab

tzare

hi, any clue were to find this?
I am trying to find Cure material , mainly live performance with decent audio quality, but hard to find :/
So far i just download Youtube concerts wich are ok but not outstanding.

cheyler

Do you ever use dimeadozen?  It's probably still there and if not I can seed it.

tzare

Quote from: cheyler on August 24, 2017, 15:19:39
Do you ever use dimeadozen?  It's probably still there and if not I can seed it.
Hi!
thanks for the reply.
I just discovered dimeadozen, never heard of it before. Registered, but i can't see the torrents. I mean i find them, see the details,  but can't find how to download them. Maybe because being new i do not have the level required to download.

Btw, any clue on what kind of material is, by the description, i mean, i am going to listen as much as i can download, but i've seen some downloads are recorded with phones in concerts, so i'd rather go for better audio quality, if available. for example from a TV broadcast or similar.

Thanks in advance!

cheyler

Once you click on a torrent and see the details, all you have to do is click on the 'Torrent File' line, it should be underlined and a different color than the rest of the page.  You also have to have a bit-torrent client, I've used micro-torrent for years now and it works great.  Do you want burned CDs or FLAC files?  I can put 8 or 9 shows on two DVD+Rs if you want to do it that way.  Also picked up the Phoenix show from June 4th 2008.  The set list is almost identical to Austin (The Big Hand is on there too, great song) and it sounds even better.  I've got nearly every show from 2008, missing a few from June, Charlotte, the two NYC shows, and the Florida shows although I do have Sunrise on video.  Do you want specific shows, or stuff from a bunch of different years?

tzare

Quote from: cheyler on August 26, 2017, 04:24:56
Once you click on a torrent and see the details, all you have to do is click on the 'Torrent File' line, it should be underlined and a different color than the rest of the page.  You also have to have a bit-torrent client, I've used micro-torrent for years now and it works great.  Do you want burned CDs or FLAC files?  I can put 8 or 9 shows on two DVD+Rs if you want to do it that way.  Also picked up the Phoenix show from June 4th 2008.  The set list is almost identical to Austin (The Big Hand is on there too, great song) and it sounds even better.  I've got nearly every show from 2008, missing a few from June, Charlotte, the two NYC shows, and the Florida shows although I do have Sunrise on video.  Do you want specific shows, or stuff from a bunch of different years?
thanks again for your time!

I just have discovered that i have to be promoted in dimeadozen to download the torrents, so i just sent an email to administrators and now i have to wait...(crosses fingers)
I also read the faq and seems i'll have to download recent torrents , so i can have a decent ratio, and later on go for the older torrents, most of the cure seem to be quite old,  and not be under 0.25.
Fair enough, i hope i choose the righ ones and don't let my ratio go wrong :-D

As for what i want.....! as much as i can handle! But my priority is good audio quality, don't exactly know which ones are , but i would say live performances that were aired on TV/internet so the source isn't someone recording with a phone. For example Primavera Sound or festivals like that. But anything is welcome.
If i had to choose, concerts with rare songs, like b sides (Join the Dots) and less popular songs like The Kiss, Bananafishbones etc....

Thanks again!

cheyler

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and we'll figure something out.
Craig