Jason Cooper errors, erros, erros

Started by jasonerros, March 18, 2009, 05:45:50

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonerros

I lost my password so I created a new account... anyway I´m not that active in this forum (or any other forum...)

Here is a new video recently uploaded to YouTube.

CAUTION: If you are sick of the Boris vs. Jason debate, just dont watch it.. but I recommend to just watch from miinute 1:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukZXiDI_Is

crowbi_wan

:smth081

I had a good laugh with that one. 

dsanchez

Quote from: jasonerros on March 18, 2009, 05:45:50
I lost my password so I created a new account... anyway I´m not that active in this forum (or any other forum...)

Are you the guy who wrote this?
http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5472.0.html

Double accounts are not permitted in Curefans.com, let me know which account you will keep.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

And by the way, I saw your video. Did you realise that Jason, as any other human, can make a mistake?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on March 18, 2009, 09:45:39
And by the way, I saw your video. Did you realise that Jason, as any other human, can make a mistake?

I also saw the video and I couldn't laugh with it. I love music and especially Cure Music, but I never heard a mistake (and I never paid attentions to it)
And I never will! I from the meaning that Roberts know pretty well what he's doing and wouldn't keep Jason in the band if he think he's a really bad drummer.

and further it is like dsanchez said it' only a human and human can make mistakes!

I hope for Jason he will never see and read that video!
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

Quote from: jasonerros on March 18, 2009, 05:45:50
but I recommend to just watch from miinute 1:55

LOL yeah that's just embarrassingly dreadful.

thanks for the shock/laugh  :eek: :lol:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

ps. it's no reason to smite me, though, imo. i don't smite anyone for saying jason is a great drummer.
;)

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 18, 2009, 21:52:15
ps. it's no reason to smite me, though, imo. i don't smite anyone for saying jason is a great drummer. ;)

the guy come to curefans.com, post his link (to a video where he talks bad about Jason -ok, his right to free speech, but why so much hate?-) then dissapear. I don't know, I don't think we should celebrate such kind of acts.

hence, I have the right to use the karma feature if I don't agree with something like this :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

It is a bit embarressing. It is actually poor drumming. I rest my case, I´ve said what I wanted to say and I do think that a very scarce number of concerts after 1985 is better than most of the concerts before that very same year.
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on March 18, 2009, 21:56:57
Quote from: japanesebaby on March 18, 2009, 21:52:15
ps. it's no reason to smite me, though, imo. i don't smite anyone for saying jason is a great drummer. ;)

the guy come to curefans.com, post his link (to a video where he talks bad about Jason -ok, his right to free speech, but why so much hate?-) then dissapear. I don't know, I don't think we should celebrate such kind of acts.

hence, I have the right to use the karma feature if I don't agree with something like this :)

yeah but in that case smite him, not me. :)

why so much hate? of course 'm not talking for the guy who started the thread, but i'm not sure you use the right word when you say "hate". i'd say it's a question about a musician's self-respect: any musician who looks at those screw ups starts feeling frustrated. i'd be afraid to play with a drummer like that. it's simply not on a professional level, the amount of problems in jason's playing.
it's not some kind of hate towards his personality (people always, always confuse these things when this topic comes up). it's a question of his professional abilities to play like a pro musician. and after all, don't you always say how the cure is the best band in the planet? so wouldn't they deserve the best drummer in the planet too? and surely jason isn't that one. or a different kind of example: don't you always say how you hate the sequencer on 'push'? so someone could ask "why so much hate?" - what would you answer?

it's not a personality thing, something against the guy called jason cooper. it's about his playing. so let's not confuse the two. :!:
like said above by fiction, it's poor drumming. that's the subject here.

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 18, 2009, 22:03:10
yeah but in that case smite him, not me. :)

I did also :)

it's not a personality thing, something against the guy called jason cooper. it's about his playing. so let's not confuse the two. :!: like said above by fiction, it's poor drumming. that's the subject here.

I think the subject here is THE WAY someone treats this subject. There are many good ways to critize, why make fun of someone? why to mock? Where is the respect and education?

Jason is not the best Cure drummer, we all agree on that, but that does not give us the right to make fun or ridiculaze him.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

and after all, don't you always say how the cure is the best band in the planet? so wouldn't they deserve the best drummer in the planet too? and surely jason isn't that one. or a different kind of example: don't you always say how you hate the sequencer on 'push'? so someone could ask "why so much hate?" - what would you answer?

My answer is that The Cure is Robert's band, not mine. I am just a simple fan. The Cure is his creation, his music. If he wants to keep Jason and add sequencers to "Push", then is his decision. We all fans can give opinions (politely, of course) but we can't order to Robert what to do.

In the end I will always go to see The Cure, Jason, Boris, of even if they play a tape instead of drums. They're my favourite band, so I just follow them. Period.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on March 18, 2009, 22:10:31
Jason is not the best Cure drummer, we all agree on that, but that does not give us the right to make fun or ridiculaze him.

Oh, come on! We all live in a democracy here on Curefans and since Jason is a public person he is to be criticized and even mocked if someone feel the need of that. There is a big difference if a member here, a common citizen, a humble peasant, is mocked. Then it is a sort of non legal abuse.

again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

i think the charlotte '08 footage was quite educational.  :-D

Quote from: dsanchez on March 18, 2009, 22:10:31

again, ridiculing would be to treat his person/personality in a foul way. every performing artists puts himself/herself into the spotlight (voluntarily! and must be ready to receive criticism towards his art. even harsh one. it's not the same as ridiculing the person behind it. and besides, nobody has told jason to get in the spotlight, to become a public figure. he's chosen that himself. so his doings may be publicly mocked, if anyone sees reason enough. it would be different if you invaded some private persons' house or home and dragged him/her into spotlight first. celebrities can't complain, they've chosen their way of life themselves. and therefore we don't need to protect or patronize them either, syaing "oh dear, think about his feelings".
and do you see anything like "look how stupid jason looks" in that video? no you don't. so every criticism in it is aimed at his art. there's the big difference.

perhaps you need to become a musician first yourself, to experience and understand it first hand. ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: fiction on March 18, 2009, 22:17:28
Oh, come on! We all live in a democracy here on Curefans and since Jason is a public person he is to be criticized and even mocked if someone feel the need of that. There is a big difference if a member here, a common citizen, a humble peasant, is mocked. Then it is a sort of non legal abuse.

I know normally we have the "right" to mock of public persons, because they're "public". But I personally never agreed with this.

And being the member of my favourite band, it makes me angry.

And knowing is the second time this guy does this (comes here, post his link, dissapear) then makes me angry as well.

But yes, we live in a democracy in Curefans, that's why he posted a link to his video and everyone can express their opinions 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo