Is there an emailing list direct from The Cure to fans?

Started by gonzo_pep, November 05, 2014, 15:12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

gonzo_pep

Hi,

I've searched this site with the search bar, so I don't think this has been asked already.

Some bands collect emails and send out updates direct, rather then relying on people to catch posts on Facebook or Twitter.  Is there somewhere I can sign up to The Cure's mailing list?

Would appreciate you help with this.

Thanks.

dsanchez

Welcome to curefans.com!

there was a way to register for a newsletter (if that's what you ask for) on thecure.com but I don't seem to find that option anymore. I am registered to get newsletters since some years already, but they never send anything. Nowadays the band prefer to announce news first on Twitter, Facebook and then on the official Website. Once something comes up, we post it here on curefans.com.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

gonzo_pep

Hi.  Thanks a lot.

Sounds like there is no point in seeking this mailing list out since the use social media for everything.

Ah, well...

dsanchez

Quote from: gonzo_pep on November 05, 2014, 15:40:53
Sounds like there is no point in seeking this mailing list out since the use social media for everything.

if you're (and it's very understandable) sick of FB and Twitter you're welcome to participate here. Forums are still in the old, Web tradition :)

cheers and take cure!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

gonzo_pep

-:- Elle Lie -:-

And why not return to the good old postal address !  :)

I love writing on paper, I think reading a handwritten letter is much more interesting and lively than an e-mail message.
Good afterwards, it is true that this must be very difficult to manage given the international notoriety of the group. :smth045
Last year, I managed to have a signed card in my name of a French group following the sending of a handwritten letter. I found a mailing address and I sent my letter + a stamped envelope. 3 months later I received the dedication. And yet, they are also very active on FB and Twitter.

Ulrich

Quote from: -:- Elle Lie -:- on January 30, 2017, 23:04:35
I love writing on paper, I think reading a handwritten letter is much more interesting and lively than an e-mail message.

Yes, me too. I love receiving letters, but have become terribly lazy when it comes to (hand-)writing (of course, in return for this, I don't receive many letters any more).  :(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Quote from: Ulrich on January 31, 2017, 17:17:24

Yes, me too. I love receiving letters, but have become terribly lazy when it comes to (hand-)writing (of course, in return for this, I don't receive many letters any more).  :(

It's not laziness for me :)
However, many people do not send mails by post. Still, it's so easy to combine the two. And then the pen, it makes the fingers work  :smth002

Ulrich

Quote from: -:- Elle Lie -:- on January 31, 2017, 23:06:58
It's not laziness for me :)
However, many people do not send mails by post. Still, it's so easy to combine the two.

Is it? Because when I started to exchange e-mails with penpals, it was mostly the end of handwritten letters...
Of course, receiving a nice letter would probably inspire me to pick up the pen!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...