2007.10.22 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, August 21, 2007, 17:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

wow..

you made an amazing work!  :-D

thank you!  :smth001

69 songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! incredible! :-D

scatcat

wow..69...magic number... what a band !! well done boys!! :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

[labyrinth]

guys...
it's The Cure...
just the time for them to feel comfortable with the new line-up and then, look at these 3 nights!
there is NO another band in the whole world that actually could do something like this, with this strength!

i can't wait, NOW! to hear the album and to watch them live again!

(and they did play, Bloodflowers!!!!!!!! )

disintegration

Another great setlist, wow!
Three very good concert!  :rocker
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

mikele

Happy people from Mexico... Great lives. Can someone post a new song? Any comments about it?

[labyrinth]

still nothing,
we have to wait a little bit!  :smth001

but don't worry,
it'll be out as soon as possible.

j

Quote from: mikele on October 23, 2007, 12:45:39
Happy people from Mexico... Great lives. Can someone post a new song? Any comments about it?

Sorry I couldn't make this show guys.  No flights were available for me to get home today, so I had to leave yesterday :?

devoblue

Quote from: j on October 23, 2007, 12:57:03
Sorry I couldn't make this show guys.  No flights were available for me to get home today, so I had to leave yesterday :?
Bummer eh.  Turns out it wasn't standing on a beach and mixed up.  Kicking yourself now I bet.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

j

Quote from: devoblue on October 23, 2007, 13:09:43
Quote from: j on October 23, 2007, 12:57:03
Bummer eh.  Turns out it wasn't standing on a beach and mixed up.  Kicking yourself now I bet.

Sort of... but I think that I saw the best setlist they have played since I was at the Trilogy shows.

In regards to the A Boy I Never Knew video on You Tube, it looks like I was about 20-30 feet to the taper's immediate right.  I was also informed before this show that there is at least a partial video of the first night, filmed from pretty close on Porl's side using a MiniDV or DVD recorder.

devoblue

Quote from: j on October 23, 2007, 13:15:52
... but I think that I saw the best setlist they have played since I was at the Trilogy shows.

Have to agree with that, 4 songs from faith must be about as many as you can hope for.  The aussie shows were fairly weak and in comparison and didn't vary the set lists too much.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

Cure Freak

Another great set list.
And an online friend, of mine, said that Rob played a toy piano on Let's Go To Bed.
Would of loved to heard that.

Yves28

Quote from: Cure Freak on October 23, 2007, 13:35:28
Another great set list.
And an online friend, of mine, said that Rob played a toy piano on Let's Go To Bed.

Ah ! they played keyboard on stage ! ;)

curedtc

Im always wanting more...

boneheadhaggar

its nice to be nice

Purple Orchid

Quote from: Yves28 on October 23, 2007, 14:18:58
Quote from: Cure Freak on October 23, 2007, 13:35:28
Another great set list.

Ah ! they played keyboard on stage ! ;)

Absolutely not, I was on the 3rd row in front of Robert.
Went to the Bathroom on Lullaby because I hate the sequences (Well I hate them also on Killing An Arab, A Forest, Push!, Close To Me, Catch, etc)
On Pictures, Lullaby and others Robert plays a "baritone guitar", it's kind of green (hard to tell the colour with those lights) with a black pickguard.
On Out Of This World he played electric, not acoustic like he used to.
Lots of forgotten Lyrics (Doing The Unstuck, A Letter To Elise) but still, I was surprised he remembered others!
The third new song must be the stupid pop single, sounds happy, upbeat, sings nearly in all of it and it has a few "cuts" or pauses which remind me of Interpol but of course in that context, has nothing to do with their stuff.
No keyboards on Bloodflowers, Simon tells Robert he should be singing, then Robert starts singing whispering then talking, very unsure, until the backwards splash tells him he's right and just closes his eyes. Simon really saved the situation on that one!
On Just Like Heaven Simon's bass got disconnected, he stopped playing, the roadie (who looked like a young Roger!) then quickly checks, connects and gives a look to Simon like "play now, it's ready" and starts to play again.
Robert broke a string towards the end of Three Imaginary Boys, then the roadie gets another guitar but connects it in some kind of phaser pedal, which he is adjusting and the sound goes an instant during the intro to Jumping Someone Else's Train, then, at the beginning of Grinding halt, Roberts sets the pedal himself and goes and talks to Simon and makes goofy movements.
At the beginning of another song, Porl hugs Robert, then Robert comes from behind Porl to give him back the hugh, but Porl  is surprised, the song sarts and Porl starts a bit late.
During Never Enough Simon kissed Porl in the mouth quickly! Apparently, they did the same the previous night...
During One Hundred Years the background projection failed, and suddenly there was a blue desktop with accesses to the videos!!! It was quickly turned off...
Yes, there was TOO much bass, during why Can't I Be You? it was really annoying and Robert was covering his ears...
Etcetera, etcetera...
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...