Which is Your All-Time Fav Cure song?

Started by Pushkina, July 10, 2005, 16:27:43

Previous topic - Next topic

sammyh000

there is so many great cure songs to choose from its hard to pick one.. top three are trust..out of this world all cats are grey.. but I love all cure songs.

sammyh000

Quote from: Tof on August 07, 2005, 15:05:47
:?   all cat's are grey 

But "a forest , faith, one hundred years" must be present in a CURE show
[/quote..                                                                                                                                                                                       

Pauline Jamroz

I really like Strange Day, The Figurehead and The same deep water as you. These songs can't be boring for me on any time
;)

Rebecca and Daniel Shoes

Just One Kiss (12" version).  The extended intro is critical.

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Felizcelestial

Quote from: ron on August 21, 2005, 07:59:06
Hands down for me would be A Forest played live.  Nothing else can top this in my book.  If I had to choose a recorded track, right now it would be either Untitled or This Twilight Garden.

Yes! Live: a forest
Recorded: plainsong
Honorable mention: cut here

This twilight garden, chain of flowers, halo, breathe? Crazy that the cure's b-sides could be so amazing. If all their a-sides were eliminated from history by some strange time-travel event, and all that was left was the B's, they'd still be my favorite band! Ha.

Felizcelestial

If anyone saw Ant-man, when 'Siri' misunderstood yellowjacket's threat to disintegrate Ant-man and played disintegration (plainsong) instead, I almost lost my mind!  Two miniature dudes battling with the contents of a briefcase flying around them, while my fave cure song played in the background was one of the greatest moments I've ever had in a movie theatre:0)

cuneytarkin

probably "A Forest" or "Push." Those two are definitely my favorites. Perfect songs imo

Ryan

Quote from: Rebecca and Daniel Shoes on November 06, 2015, 02:04:42
Just One Kiss (12" version).  The extended intro is critical.

This is my favourite track also. Has to be the extended version!
Remember the time that the sky went black
We waited alone on the sands
Remember the taste of the raging sea
But nobody held out their hands

sadchild

There hasn't been a new Cure album since 2008's 4:13 Dream, but that didn't stop them from launching a huge world tour earlier this year. Every night they play for three hours, mixing in big hits like "Pictures of You" and "Friday I'm in Love" with lesser-known songs like "At Night," "Primary" and "Out of This World." Each show wraps up with "Boys Don't Cry." We asked our readers to select their favorite Cure songs. Here are the results.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-cure-songs-20160629
The way she pulls me in sucks my breath away

kermunklin

Oh No

It's just amazing how many good songs he's written, impossible to chose one, or even ten. Here's a few: Fire in cairo, M,The holly hour, Just one kiss, Figurehead, The wailling wall, birdmad girl, the exploding boy, A night like this, How beautiful you are, Untitled, Doing the unstuck, Gone!, Bare, This, Here and Now, With You ...

tzare

Agree with Oh No. It is impossible to choose one.

Maybe it is easier for other bands , but almost each Cure album is radically different from the others, each has it's own mood, so i cannot decide if i like more the pop/frash/happy mood of Friday i'm in love ( a genius pop song) , the absolutely brilliant 'A forest' (especially live, that song creates such a dense atmosphere...),
the lovely Just like heaven , the depressing from the edge of the deep green sea,  the majestuous Plainsong, or the almost perfect Pictures of you,the madness of A man inside my mouth.... just to name a few.
I can't. I'd rather give you a playlist with at least 20/30 songs (and still have a hard time deciding)

-:- Elle Lie -:-

Simply a single song with all the ones they wrote !  :smth017
I think we have to choose the song of the moment... But it's true that there's one that made "Bang" in my heart (orchestration and lyrics) "This Is A Lie"

Spock93