Best of 4:13 Dream

Started by dsanchez, September 02, 2010, 12:27:58

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite song in this album?

dsanchez

Choose your favourite song for this album and write down why do you think it's great :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

skellington

I really like "The Only One"  :smth020I love it because its a fun upbeat song and the lyrics are awesome. I like how Robert plays around with his voice in the song :-D
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Druide

For me Hungry Ghost and It's Over !!!

It's the worst album of The Cure  :evil:

...Dancing in my pocket...

dsanchez

My favourite one is "Underneath the stars", somehow it reminds me Cocteau Twins for it's "dreamy" style. Then I love the simple guitars and lyrics in "The Hungry Ghost" (some people say the guitars remind "Want"  :roll:). "The Only One" would come in third place.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

For me Underneath the Stars, the song has what I love so much in Cure-music, works like magic  :smth060 to me

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

PAOKCURE

I voted for The Hungry Ghost. This song has captivated me from the first time i heard it and it keeps doing it every time i listen to it
I went away alone with nothing left but faith

jakso

For me  Switch!  Great guitar work and best lyrics in this one...

TheyCallMeP

Underneath the Stars. Also really liked Real Snow White and It's Over.

Tof

Tof

TheyCallMeP

I'm changing my vote to Real Snow White. UTS is a great song but I'm throwing the curveball

TheyCallMeP

I'm beating this horse dead, but this album is so underrated

Distortedkid23

Just Underneath The Stars...I was blown away by this one...

cheyler

Favorite?  Underneath The Stars.  Loved it from the first second.  Well, maybe the 9th or 10th second, when it became clear what the feel of the song would be.  The drums are kind of difficult to get past, not because they are played poorly, they are played magnificently.  The best kinds of production are when the producer either gives all the pieces their own spaces, OR the producer gets everything all mixed together and everything is cohesive and balanced.  Unfortunate but in this instance (and the whole album), all the parts are mixed together and cohesive EXCEPT for the drums.  The drums are kind of hanging out in space like an astronaut on a tether.  Considering his treatment by the fans and the drum techs on the road and studio engineers and producers, if JC comes out of this alive or without some sort of serious psychological debility (pay close attention on this last point...you realize he has already agreed to get married...that's a warning sign!) he will be one of the luckiest SOBs to ever live.  I REALLY like the drum sound on this album, a bit Steve Albini-ish.  If all the different sounds were recorded in the same manner and then the album mixed with that in mind, the album could have been one of the best by The Cure and one of the best produced albums maybe ever.

I quite like 'The Only One' as well.  The tune itself is one of the great Cure tunes ever I'd say.  The lyrics make me want to poke out my own eyeballs.  Then stick the squishy bits down my own ear canals.  Can't win 'em all.

Distortedkid23

You do have some great points but as you say, you can't win it all :)

cheyler

Like Lemmy says...'you can't win 'em all...where would you put 'em?' and 'you can't have everything...there's no room'.