Uncyclopedia.org - wiki - The Cure

Started by Tof, October 24, 2007, 02:01:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierrig

Quote from: Carnage Visor on October 25, 2007, 23:10:50
Funny? Does that not insult anyone?

"Awful band" "Repetetive music"

That does not upset anyone? How is that funny? It was just pure insults from beginning to end and made me want to beat the shit out of whoever took time out of their measly lives to deface the best band on earth.

Robert Smith might have odd hair, but his hair alone is alot cooler than any of the shitty ass bands we have moping around these days pretending to be him...*cough cough EMO BANDS cough cough*

I have to say I now completely hate UNCYCLOPEDIA, and I'm shocked that anyone would even think of those horrible things...

:smth011

-Sincerely, Carnage Visor

Wow! Being quite a drama queen, aren't we?  :roll:

I was actually the one who posted the link on the "other" forum (yes, it's MFC), and I thought it was was trully hillarious.

j

To each his own Pierre.  I was middle of the road.  I wasn't offended, nor did I find it all that funny.  Carnage thought it was in bad taste.  You thought it was hilarious.  See, between the 3 of us we have everything covered.  No need for the derogatory name calling in this forum.  It may go on on other forums, but it won't be tolerated here.  Just a friendly reminder..... ;)

CureCrusader

I did find it funny. For someone who said they don't like The Cure, they sure did put a lot of work into it! I'll bet they ARE really a fan!
But I was also insulted at the same time  :smth011  especially about the "EMO" stereotypes... Offended that someone dare "blasphemy" the band!!
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Cure Freak

I've seen this before.
I don't really find it all that amusing.
You can take it or leave it, being that it's compleley untrue.

Hero

:smth043 i found parts of this funny but i REALLY dont like it when people call Robert fat. I bet the guy who wrote it still really loves the cure otherwise he wouldnt care enough to write it!

ROGUE

Quote from: Janko on October 25, 2007, 21:20:23
THEN AGAIN, I THINK THE WHOLE IDEA OF UNCYCLOPEDIA IS LOUSY BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONTROL, SO THE 99% OF IT IS JUST RETARDED!

:smth011

Definately, also felt the need to edit this into the apology ~ seeing as though anyone can. . .

" Iam simply an arse-hole and artistically jealous of Robert Smith, seeing as that i am suffering pattern boldness am also extremely jealous of his hair. :P"

:smth023 ~ but don't know who wrote the original version- didnt really make me laugh and didnt upset me either.
               Although can see the humour in it, I didnt appeal to me.

scatcat

did ya do that???!! i gotta check it out!!  hehehahah :-D :-D :-D

~edit~  checked it out!!! you go girl!!!! hahha  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

Quote from: Pierrig on October 26, 2007, 00:32:43

Wow! Being quite a drama queen, aren't we?  :roll:

Uh, at least I'm not hurting anyone's feelings...
Does it please you to be rude to someone you don't know? :smth011

I don't need crap like that right now in my life, thanks.  :smth001

Thanks j for clearing things up and standing up for me! I know I can be a bit sensetive, but we all have our downsides... :)

scatcat

Quote from: Hero on October 26, 2007, 13:20:13
:smth043 i found parts of this funny but i REALLY dont like it when people call Robert fat. I bet the guy who wrote it still really loves the cure otherwise he wouldnt care enough to write it!

i agree with this bit, that's not funny to call him fat. :(
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

zyxibule

I thought the article was funny. :)

I'd say it's defiantly written by fans. The whole point of the site is to make fun of things. It's not everyone's kind of humor. Lots of people will be more offended than amused but in the end, it's nothing serious and it's only a joke. :smth023

I liked the older version better personally.
<i>No one will ever take your place, so in love with you.</i>

ROGUE

Yeh i like the older one better too  :smth023 alot better !! heaps more personality  ;)

AlluivialL

Heh, it was funny, all except for the part about Siouxsie being a man in drag. N' the stupid Morrissey jokes.

and a few other things.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

scatcat

I thought the old version was okay, but I do think i prefer the newer one slightly.
upon checking out the links etc, to certain definitions... this picture was in the "EMO" page... I have never seen this before.. but i like it!!

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

cat_pet

Quote from: zyxibule on November 01, 2007, 12:24:14
I thought the article was funny. :)

I'd say it's defiantly written by fans. The whole point of the site is to make fun of things. It's not everyone's kind of humor. Lots of people will be more offended than amused but in the end, it's nothing serious and it's only a joke. :smth023

I liked the older version better personally.

Thanks for posting this link.  I knew it wasn't in my head that there was a different version. 

Dillinger

some of unclyclopewdias stuff is brilliantly, the cures article is pretty meh though