Good Luck Craig (COF)!!!

Started by j, August 31, 2008, 04:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

j

For those unaware there is a major hurricane headed for New Orleans yet again. As of 10pm EST tonight, it is a Category 4 storm (150 mph winds), and it has yet to hit the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico.  There are spots of the Gulf that are currently 87-89 F, which will only serve to strengthen this monster storm to a Category 5 storm.  Hurricane Katrina dropped to a category 3 when it made landfall.

The 3 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina just passed, and they are in the cross hairs yet again.  Here's to wishing Craig and all of those along the Gulf Coast of the US that will be slammed by this storm godspeed.  Be safe, Craig!!

Follow the path of the storm here:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2.shtml?5day#contents

j

Just saw on the news that it is projected to make landfall west of NOLA.  That is not good for them....the eastern side of the storm has the strongest winds.

Steve

Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

billee

Fingers crossed everyone stays safe
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

sues777

Be safe everyone.  Take care...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Padme

Use to live there in New Orleans w/ my parents when I was a kid.  Loved the place, the food & Mardi Gras & wanted to go back for a visit before Katrina hit but not sure when I'm going to do that now.  I'm sorry Craig & everyone over there has to go thru this again.  A friend of mine that's over there is just fed up & she's looking for a place in Memphis now.  I'll send Craig another email like I did before Katrina hit & give him my best.

pussycat

Craig,

We wish you well from Texas. We will get hit too but not as bad as you guys. Please let us know if you need anything.

dsanchez

My thoughts and prayers with all the people there...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Good news, I guess....

Hurricane Gustav was no longer expected to reach Category 4 strength before hitting the U.S. Gulf Coast, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Sunday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Gustav was expected to have top winds of 127 mph, Category 3 strength on the five-stage Saffir-Simpson scale of hurricane intensity, the hurricane center said in a report.

Still a very powerful, dangerous storm!

cure_kitty

Still no news of how craig made out in the storm on the COF yet but I hope he and his family & friends are safe. 

My prayers & thoughts go out to everyone who was affected by this storm.