2008.05.09 Fairfax - Patriot Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Many new pics in the gallery here: 

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/northamericantour/fairfax/?action=gallery

There are more to come....as well as Philly pics.  there are several pics that may look the same in the thumbnails.  they aren't.  My camera has a "burst" feature that takes picture after picture in rapid succession as long as I keep the button pushed.  If you had all of the pics that look the same on your computer and view them in Windows picture viewer, and click the forward button over and over, it is almost like a video!

j

Finally all of the Fairfax pics have been added- over 200 of them!  Philly will be up tonight-ish  :smth023

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on May 12, 2008, 04:57:01
Many new pics in the gallery here: 

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/northamericantour/fairfax/?action=gallery

There are more to come....as well as Philly pics.  there are several pics that may look the same in the thumbnails.  they aren't.  My camera has a "burst" feature that takes picture after picture in rapid succession as long as I keep the button pushed.  If you had all of the pics that look the same on your computer and view them in Windows picture viewer, and click the forward button over and over, it is almost like a video!

next time maybe you should just "film" the whole gig for us. :lol:
(might be a bit more than 200 frames, to upload that...)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

silversand

Thank you very much for the pictures j. They are great  :smth023
How many smart card did you use j? That must have been many, or am wrong?
Thanks for your answer in advance  :)

cure_kitty

Thanks to nicholas for his excellent review!  :-D  Glad you enjoyed the show!

And thanks to j for all of his Fairfax pictures!  Lots to look at & they are great! :smth023

Gothiczartan

Quote from: cure_kitty on May 12, 2008, 23:00:34
Thanks to nicholas for his excellent review!  :-D  Glad you enjoyed the show!

And thanks to j for all of his Fairfax pictures!  Lots to look at & they are great! :smth023

they sure are!

it was a good thing I didn't threw away my ticket after I enter the patriot center before one of the female staff asked me if I have a ticket and I ask where am I. it was pretty dark inside and I could barely see where my seat is and I had to find a closet seat just to make sure I didn't get hurt and not to bump to anyone sitting. I better make sure not to make a minor mistake. I had a great time at the may 9th show I want to say the show was just like heaven!
Robert Smith is our hero!

powrslave

my third cure show and it was excellent!

as for the crowd.  you must realize this venue is 10,000 seats and every foot of the place has a seat.  not a chair.  a seat. 

I was depressed people were not dancing more but it was kind of hard.  It was an intimate evening and i'm grateful for the closeness this venue offered.
All the other shows I've seen are at outdoor pavillions and while you can dance on your blanket...you are also watching a tv screen to see anything.

Unless you actually chatted to RS about the show, please don't speculate on feelings.

Everyone was happy. :)

Nicholas

Thanks for all the kind words--we really did enjoy the show!  J--incredible pics.  I added 16, not as close or sharp, but not bad for phone pics...

j

Quote from: silversand on May 12, 2008, 20:18:14
Thank you very much for the pictures j. They are great  :smth023
How many smart card did you use j? That must have been many, or am wrong?
Thanks for your answer in advance  :)

I used one 4gb card, and that wasn't even close to being full with both Fairfax and Philly, plus a few short 30 mb videos

silversand

Thanks for your answer j :)

On a 4 GB card you have a lot of disk space, i think.

gba1y

Great show at the Patriot Center ... my 4th Cure show.  The 1st one was
May 26, 1992 at the Cap Center.  That show was also my first date with my
sweetie and she was right there by my side Friday night.   :)

There was a short review of the show in the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/11/AR2008051102289.html

Rolling Stone also has a review:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/12/the-cure-deliver-devilish-giddiness-at-tour-opener-in-virginia/

Gothiczartan

I'm still going to show robert smith pics to all other young music fans and students of mason where they band played!

the show was just like heaven!
Robert Smith is our hero!

ExplodingBoy

is there audio of this show?
cant seem to find any anywhere