2012.06.28 Werchter - Festival Park Werchter 'Rock Werchter' (Belgium)

Started by dsanchez, January 24, 2012, 09:20:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Setlist

Tape, Open, High, The End of the World, Lovesong, Push, In Between Days, Doing the Unstuck, Just Like Heaven, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Pictures of You, Lullaby, The Walk, Bananafishbones, Play for Today, A Forest, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Hungry Ghost, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End

Encore 1: Friday I'm In Love, Boys Don't Cry.

Videos

The Cure Live Belgium

Curefans.com members going to this show

Trust...
Anne-Frank
lovecat
Docha
bloodflowers-fan
findacure

Reviews

Focus Knack : Vakmanschap troef bij The Cure

Humo

De Morgen: Silhouetten in het tegenlicht

Het Laatste Nieuws: Feest van de herkenning

Photos

Humo Fotospecial

General info

The Cure were alternative before the term was invented. It all started in 1976 with the intelligent pop made by the young Robert Smith and his pals. Punk and new wave gained them attention and a welcome boost. Their first success, 'A Forest' (1980) was the start of an adventurous and successful journey. The group has survived countless personnel changes – Smith is the only permanent fixture, while bassist Simon Gallup is semi-permanent – and has a highly varied list of hits to its name. From the gloomy 'Pictures Of You' to the bouncy 'Friday I'm In Love', to name a couple of extremes. With 35 extravagant years and13 exceptional albums under their belts, The Cure is among that select club of living legends. The British NME paper awarded the group its Godlike Genius Award in 2009 and inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is imminent. However, the old master Robert Smith feels younger than ever. Last year, The Cure undertook a short tour in which they performed the first three albums - 'Three Imaginary Boys' (1979), 'Seventeen Seconds' (1980) and 'Faith' (1981) – in full. Their sixth appearance at Werchter!

The Cure on stage: 22:45 - 00:35
http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/

Tickets

4-day combi festival ticket (June 28 > July 1)   195 euro
One-day festival ticket Thursday June 28   79 euro
One-day festival ticket Friday June 29   79 euro
One-day festival ticket Saturday June 30   79 euro
One-day festival ticket Sunday July 1   79 euro

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/tickets/category/how_to_order_your_tickets
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

plainsong16

is possible to know where exactly the location for the rock werchter is in belgium?
thanx a lot!!

Trust...

Quote from: plainsong16 on January 24, 2012, 16:59:10
is possible to know where exactly the location for the rock werchter is in belgium?
thanx a lot!!

It's 41km from Brussels, close to Leuven and 95 km from Charleroi you come from where?

Trust...

Important thing to know  ;) If someone needs some extra info about how to get there don't hesitate to ask me  :)

Ticket price includes: access to the festival grounds, one outward and one homeward journey by train from every Belgian NMBS station to Leuven, one outward and one homeward journey with a De Lijn festival bus from Leuven to Werchter.

People from the Netherlands (and all other visitors travelling from abroad) may use their Rock Werchter ticket to travel free of charge from the first Belgian train station. It is still necessary to buy an international train ticket to and from this first Belgian train station. As concerns De Lijn: festival tickets are valid only on special festival buses from/to Leuven Station to/from Werchter, not on other lines.

Trust...

Trust...

BRUSSELS AIRPORT (ZAVENTEM)
http://www.brusselsairport.be
The train station is situated at the basement level (level -1) of the airport. There are two trains per hour to Leuven. At Leuven station you may use De Lijn's special shuttle service, which offers a permanent connection from and to Werchter's Festival park, which will bring you in less than a quarter of an hour to Leuven railway station.
See also "by train" and "by bus"

BRUSSELS SOUTH AIRPORT (CHARLEROI)
http://www.charleroi-airport.com
Bus line A connects the airport with Charerloi-Sud train station. There is no direct train to Leuven. So you had better take a train which calls at Brussel-Noord station. There you can change for a train to Leuven. At Leuven station you may use De Lijn's special shuttle service, which offers a permanent connection from and to Werchter's Festival park.
See also "by train" and "by bus."

plainsong16

thanx very much for your precious info. i'm coming from Rome. i'm still thinking about where else to go to see them with my friends. i am waiting for the complete list to know it. let's see!! thanx a lot anyway!! Cheers!!

.......and to Belfort?

plainsong16

oops........ i'm really sorry. i'd like to know too for Neuhausen and for the Hurricane Festivals. The Locations Please!!!

dsanchez

Quote from: plainsong16 on January 25, 2012, 03:04:30
oops........ i'm really sorry. i'd like to know too for Neuhausen and for the Hurricane Festivals. The Locations Please!!!
Southside Festival details
http://curefans.com/the-cure-live/2012-06-22-neuhausen-ob-eck-flugplatz-'southside-festival'-(germany)/

Hurricane Festival is held at Scheeßel, near Bremen. We still don't know when The Cure will perform. We only know the festival goes from 22 to 24 June.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

plainsong16

Trust...

Anne-Frank