2007.08.04 Perth - Challenge Stadium (Australia) *Sold Out*

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:51:15

Previous topic - Next topic

LetterToSaraElise

Hmmm, no Lovecats.  That hurts a little.  :(

I would've loved to hear Doing the Unstuck, but I knew ot was a long shot.  Still, quite a good set, almost everything I wanted to hear.  2nd encore will go off!
'It's a perfect day for letting go...'

~*CherryRed*~

Thanks very, very much for posting the setlist! Sorry I've forgotten who it was that did!
I had a peek at some of the gettyimages and chainofflowers ones too... I have to say that I like the look Jason has! But then I am a bona fide freak of nature!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the head on Porl!! He is so very creative, and I just LOVE the whole damned thing! I'm not sure if they're real tough stickers or just painted on? He seems to have a few tats.. so they may be tattoos on his noggin'! Very brave lad if they are tattooed on... hurts like hell there (as it's on the bone!) and gives you a massive headache (so my fella tells me anyway!!).
In regards to the 4:13 new album reference, I'm wondering if Mr Smith is perhapes just dabling in the religious imagery somewhat. I don't think it's because he's particularily religious, it's just symbology really... just something to write and think about. I thought that Us or Them had slight tones of religiousness in it... maybe I'm wrong?!
Anyway, to all you Perth-ites, hope the show was all that you hoped for... I'm off to the Melbounre one, and am getting myself all organised for it (it takes me ages to prepare for these sorts of things!!! - packing is a nightmare! Oh I should point out that I live in Tasmania, and am flying over for the night!)...
"prone to flights of whimsy"

japanesebaby

Quote from: Bloodflower on August 04, 2007, 21:16:42
http://www.pbase.com/craigparker/image/83344068

now i know what it could be about/what it faintly reminds me off: priscilla, queen of the desert! :-P
ok i'm crap with photoshop but a bit like the attachement... i mean since they are even in of australia anyway!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

blameless

The Perth setlist worked perfectly for me, not having seen them since the Disintegration tour in the UK a fair while ago it was good to hear the stripped down line up. Hoping that a good recording will surface somewhere, the Singapore one is pretty damm good but it'd be nice to have one from the night I was there.

~*CherryRed*~

hahahaha 'j'.. like the profile image! "punks not dead" hey!!!  ;)

j

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on August 18, 2007, 01:12:24

You got it.  Saw Wattie get his ass kicked on stage by a bunch of skins in New Jersey in the mid 80's.  They were some good times.

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: j on August 18, 2007, 02:14:40
Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on August 18, 2007, 01:12:24

You got it.  Saw Wattie get his ass kicked on stage by a bunch of skins in New Jersey in the mid 80's.  They were some good times.

Hahahahaha...  nothing like a little 'ultra-violence' to set the tone of a gig hey!!! I would've loved to see that to be honest... I also heard (and I apologise for this being off topic.. I'll be quick!!) that they were planning a tour over to our shores here in Oz. But I've no idea what happened to it! I have never seen 'em and am slightly jealous that you have! Maybe they'll get their arses into gear and make it over, there seems to be a bit of a 'punk' revival at the moment. We've had UK Subs and a few others tour recently! Ok... thats it back to Cure stuff now!

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

Good read, thanx Scatcat., This thred was undiscovered for me, until now.

Luv the pic from JapaneseBaby LOL -   :oops:   good work  :smth047   ~(blushing in a good way, being an Australian, loved that film, cute;)
But Simon looks  :shock: So good like this, sugar plum fairy  :smth053

dsanchez

An audio recording of this show is available in Dimeadozen. Check out our torrent section to find the download link! :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo