Earthquake in Italy

Started by dsanchez, April 06, 2009, 15:47:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

I just heard there was an earthquake in Italy. My deepest sympathies with the families affected, this is very sad news. I hope there are not many Curefans.com members around the region where this happened. I hope everyone is fine there, Lady, disintegration, plainsong16,.. everyon there, hope you're fine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7985753.stm

:(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Thanks David.

We are near to that region and we perceived the earthquake... it was very violent we were so scared! :?  Luckily there's no big damage in our town and we're fine but it's a very sad situation in L'Aquila: 92 victims and thousands of displaced people 'till now... :cry:

We are very close to the families of those people. :(
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

disintegration

Is very terrible, I'm very sad!  :(
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

fiction

My deepest sympathy for both victims and their families and all the other people who will be involved in any way.

It´s impossible for me to comprehend the fear and, I guess, hopelessness and helplessness amongst people when the nature roars in, in that way. Up here in the north of Europe (Sweden) we never experience the wild moods of nature. But I can imagine the despair and awareness that you´ll might be under now.

I hope the best for all of You.

again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

:( awful news, my sympathies to everyone down there in the area.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

Sad news to hear. Also my sympathies.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

disintegration

Most of 150 victims....  :(
SOLO LA TERNANA!

disintegration

230 victims!  :(
Is very terrible, and now another violent earthquake!  :smth011
SOLO LA TERNANA!

Lady

Quote from: disintegration on April 07, 2009, 20:46:06and now another violent earthquake!  :smth011
Yes, 2 hours ago...my house was swinging....I'm still scared.... :?
I'm so sick about this...what's going on?? :smth011
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

Sussex

Take a good care all of u guys..follow the precautions act by the authorities. i'll pray for your safety..
"Thick As Shit"

japanesebaby

sorry to read more bad news. :(

central italy (and southern spain/portugal too) have an unfortunate location, lying directly over the rift between european and african tectonic plates.
those are some incredibly massive forces, down there in the ground (gave birth to the himalayas for instance).

(wasn't almost the whole city of lisboa once demolished by a massive earthquake, sometime in the 18th century. i remember reading about that when i visited there. and that's why there's just a big open plaza where the mighty royal palace used to stand - it all turned into rubble.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Descent

About 10 years ago, there was an earthquake in Assisi in Central Italy as well. But it wasn't as tragic as this one.  :(

Lady

Quote from: Descent on April 08, 2009, 09:38:58
About 10 years ago, there was an earthquake in Assisi in Central Italy as well. But it wasn't as tragic as this one.  :(
Yes, me and disintegration live in the same region of Assisi...there was damage in our town, too. And in these days it's like to come back into the same nightmare... :?

rubcure

Best wishes for all Italian curefans...!!! take care!  :(
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

MeltingMan

The bereaved families have my deepest sympathy. :(
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)