What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on September 17, 2019, 01:36:38Anyone here want to share your own preferred way of having your body dealt with after your lifetime? :cool

No idea. I guess I'll leave the decision to those I leave behind...

(Also no idea if it's not for Curefans to get their ashes shot into space? Maybe that's more for Bowie fans? "Ashes to ashes" meets "Space Oddity"?  XD )

For my "enemies", I'd prefer them to be buried in the traditional way, so I can go and pee on their graves. *
 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(* only in my fantasy of course - yes I'm a terrible person...)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Just thinking about things I like, and how my day will be later Today (it's 2:32 AM, haha)

chemicaloverload

You little rascal Ulrich  :evil: I shall stay in your good books so no pee touches my resting place
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on September 20, 2019, 09:12:15I shall stay in your good books

You're not in danger here. ;)
But when I think of former employers (nowadays they'd call it "bullying" what they did) or the people who borrow something and never give it back (with lame excuses)...  :unamused:
Guess I'll better focus on the good things now.  :cool

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on September 19, 2019, 16:25:51(Also no idea if it's not for Curefans to get their ashes shot into space? Maybe that's more for Bowie fans? "Ashes to ashes" meets "Space Oddity"?  XD )

Mmm, probably yes.  Though I've got to admit, I don't see what being a music fan has to do with your preferred method of burial at all... unless, say, you want to be buried in a cello case or something?

QuoteFor my "enemies", I'd prefer them to be buried in the traditional way, so I can go and pee on their graves. *

:rofl  You do realise this will accelerate their decomposition?  (If it gets to them - shallow burial, in shroud?)

And I don't know why except that it seems my mind has these drawers that pop open when a subject is brought up... one method I heard for burying enemies was with their bums sticking out of the ground, so you could use them as a bicycle stand.  :evil:

...everyone please accept my apologies for any unwanted mental images that might arise from relating this joke... brain bleach may be required?
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

Quote from: SueC on September 17, 2019, 01:36:38Anyone here want to share your own preferred way of having your body dealt with after your lifetime? :cool

Want to be buried with my The Cure Hamburg Color Line Arena 2002 t-shirt and some blue jeans. That's it.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on September 20, 2019, 12:39:32:rofl  You do realise this will accelerate their decomposition?  (If it gets to them - shallow burial, in shroud?)

And I don't know why except that it seems my mind has these drawers that pop open when a subject is brought up... one method I heard for burying enemies was with their bums sticking out of the ground, so you could use them as a bicycle stand.

Wow, that's the good thing about this forum recently. When I post something like the above, there comes somebody and puts one on top of it!  :lol:

SueC

Now imagine a dozen people doing this, @Ulrich:)

Brett just wanted to chime in to say, re burial of enemies, that in the novel The Shipping News, a really awful person's ashes ended up being put down a "long drop" (I'm not sure if you're familiar with these in Germany as I never saw one there, but it's a traditional pit toilet) by a person they had hurt terribly and who had never gotten justice...

By the way, my husband has several ideas he is considering for his burial:

*The Egyptian option - which means he'd be buried with objects of particular importance to him to carry through to the afterlife - so in his case, several teabags of each type in his pockets, as well as a potato, some books, and (if there's WiFi in the hereafter) his laptop.

*Having his skull cleaned up and polished and then placed upon a good bookshelf as a bookend.  (If I survive him, I would think that really fitting and would enjoy having his skull around, in contact with his beloved books. :) I might even put a flickering light in it so it resembles a Halloween Pumpkin...)

*If he has a gravestone, he wants the following inscription: 

DOOOOOOMED!!!
YOU ARE ALL DOOOOOOMED!!!!
SueC is time travelling

I'd rather not talk about any of that tbh ^^

But Today I am thinking about what I am going to do later Today (Besides relax).

Quote from: Ulrich on September 19, 2019, 16:25:51

No idea. I guess I'll leave the decision to those I leave behind...

(Also no idea if it's not for Curefans to get their ashes shot into space? Maybe that's more for Bowie fans? "Ashes to ashes" meets "Space Oddity"?  XD )

For my "enemies", I'd prefer them to be buried in the traditional way, so I can go and pee on their graves. *

Maybe we'll bury them on Fascination Street??

SueC

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on September 21, 2019, 09:43:39Maybe we'll bury them on Fascination Street??

Or maybe we shall Burn them, or throw them into The Deep Green Sea (From The Edge Of it, of course)? Or maybe bury them in The Forest?  Or put them in an urn in The Upstairs Room?  Or would that be A Foolish Arrangement?  Perhaps you want More Than This?

Of course, as we all know, it doesn't matter if we all die, and There Is No If. :angel
SueC is time travelling

chemicaloverload

Its my little shadows birthday today and just looking at her, its hard to think shes 9 already. Stop growing up :1f62d:
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

Quote from: chemicaloverload on September 23, 2019, 14:47:19Its my little shadows birthday today and just looking at her, its hard to think shes 9 already. Stop growing up :1f62d:

say hello from me :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Quote from: SueC on September 21, 2019, 11:12:50
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on September 21, 2019, 09:43:39Maybe we'll bury them on Fascination Street??

Or maybe we shall Burn them, or throw them into The Deep Green Sea (From The Edge Of it, of course)? Or maybe bury them in The Forest?  Or put them in an urn in The Upstairs Room?  Or would that be A Foolish Arrangement?  Perhaps you want More Than This?

Of course, as we all know, it doesn't matter if we all die, and There Is No If. :angel
Ahahaha

word_on_a_wing

I just read this 2004 Rolling Stone interview with RS for the first time. I'm surprised I've never seen it before, it's filled with gems!  There was so much I hadn't heard before...
I didn't know The Funeral Party and All Cats Are Grey were written in one night, that there are the 4:13 Dream album has two 1980s demos and one 1990s one on there. I also loved hearing about how The Top was created, I'd be intrigued to think of what further RS may have created if he had persisted with that approach to creating music (as it sounds similar to how many great musicians work, and many great albums have been created. The Fragile by NIN is one such example).
Gosh I loved reading this interview, and it arrived on what has been a difficult day so was so much appreciated

2004 RS interview
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."