Lovesong on American Idol

Started by lostflower4, March 30, 2007, 19:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

That's shameful. :smth011

This gets worse only one way: If the Robert Smith / Ashlee Simpson collaboration is more than a terrifying rumour.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Lady

:shock:

He's a good singer, but...mmmmhhh  :?

Poor Robert!!! :smth056

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

[labyrinth]

it is really awful....

it should be also a good singer, but hey! what have you done?  :shock:

strange_day

Ahhhhh, someone shoot that man! Not only for being that competition, but for that version aswell

He makes a meal of every note, dreadful, not a patch on the original.   :smth078

dsanchez

This cover sucks so much like most of the tribute bands, including those bands from MTV Icon making awful Cure covers, plus Placebo and Korn and etc. Sadly, I don't remember any band right now making a real good cover from The Cure. :cry:

Btw the only good about that video is the beauty blond girl. Is she the one from No-Doubt?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ron

I can't stand American Idol.  And to see a Cure song butchered makes me hate it even more. 

As for cover versions of songs, it is very rare for a band to do one that is anywhere near what the original was.  The Cure can't do it even though I get some amusement from a couple of their attempts. 

Gwen is so cute.  I'm jealous of Gavin...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on March 31, 2007, 01:10:55
This cover sucks so much like most of the tribute bands, including those bands from MTV Icon making awful Cure covers, plus Placebo and Korn and etc. Sadly, I don't remember any band right now making a real good cover from The Cure. :cry:

Btw the only good about that video is the beauty blond girl. Is she the one from No-Doubt?

The thing that bothers me about this cover (besides is **** donkey balls) is he says "by The Cure".  To me it seems as though the arrangement is more like 311's take on it. 

Yes that's Gwen Stefani, formerly of No Doubt...currently solo and creating terrible pop songs.

Ah, one good cover is Dinosaur Jr.'s version of Just Like Heaven.  :rocker

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 31, 2007, 03:37:28
The thing that bothers me about this cover (besides is **** donkey balls) is he says "by The Cure".  To me it seems as though the arrangement is more like 311's take on it. 

Yep, but at least he didn't say the song was by 311. I bet most of the teeny-boppers out there have no clue that was a cover song.

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 31, 2007, 03:37:28currently solo and creating terrible pop songs.

Yep.

:lol:

japanesebaby

always so great to see beautiful things being butchered by some half-brains. :smth011
sorry i couldn't even watch it all through. primarily not because i was annoyed by the song being butchered but because this guy is simply too awful! what a complete twat looking dude that comes with a utterly horrendous nasal voice - he can't sing shit!!
he sounds like a sheep - hey i think it must be this guy that they are talking about in here!:

http://themoderatevoice.com/science/11733/good-news-for-sheepherders/

there's a human-sheep for you - baaaaaah!!!

(gwen's complete crap too. and besides she always tried to look too much like madonna anyway.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

On the war-path tonight, Marika?

I agree, though. It's detestable, the whole thing -- there was a time when Robert denied these people the rights to his songs to sing on such shit programmes. I miss the good old days. I'm just glad this 'guy' isn't a Cure fan proper; I'd cry and start writing hatemail if he'd sung Faith. The thought makes me want to cry, actually.

Here's a prayer for something better in days to come.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Bloodflower on March 31, 2007, 08:43:08
On the war-path tonight, Marika?
hmm i might be slightly maddish this week, i don't fully deny it... :twisted:
but honestly, that guy would be pretty awful, no matter what song he was trying to tackle - ha!

i just miss those old days too. robert used to be so sharp what comes to these things, it made you proud.
i wonder where he has buried his self-respect lately. :?

so yes, let's hope one of these days he'd truly wake up and go "wtf???" instead of happily sipping his morning cup of tea fully content with himself, maybe planning to save the poor little paris hilton's career as a recording artist next  or something like that :lol:
heyyyy wake up robert, wake up!  :smth100

;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Lady

Gwen Stefani!
She's great and...beautiful! ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Bloodflower

Quote from: Lady on March 31, 2007, 21:05:35
Gwen Stefani!
She's great and...beautiful! ;)

Opinions, opinions.... Shame yours conflict with mine.