Strange Robinson's message to Simon

Started by monghi, September 20, 2006, 20:54:56

Previous topic - Next topic

monghi

from myspace.com/simongallup:

Ross Robinson:  9/19/2006 2:48 AM

the story is: if you want a happy ending, go back to the beginning.

i miss you S
i never said i would stay to the end

Dillinger

hmmm that is weird, did you click ross` page to see if simon had left a comment there in reply? theres a good chance this is completly unrelated to the cure though. i hpe its a sign that the cure will be going back to 3 imaginary boys/boys dont cry era music though

Carnage Visor

I have a sustinct feeling Robert and Simon's myspace pages are fake...they don't even have any info on them, tour dates, or anything personal!

Cure

well i think that the pages are not fake at all..
that's y they have no friends or other details..
they don't focus on myspace, it means nth 2 them..

at least that's my opinion..

but if these accounts are the real ones, i don't like the fact that they don't add friends..
no members from any other band do so
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Carnage Visor

Yeah, I feel bad now for submitting one. I wouldn't have bothered them, I'm not a crazy fag or anything.

Carnage Visor

Sorry, I meant fan, but it could go either way...because I'm also not gay...but that's irrelevent...

Cure

i don't think them havin fans is sth annoyin..
as long as it's not 4 crazy fans or so..
i think they should b happy when ppl want to add them bcuz they like them, & not bcuz they seek more & more friends..

at least, that's my point of u..
i hated it when i sent a request & i was rejected..
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

japanesebaby

uhh... i don't want to sound rude or anything but why do people care so much about what some people write on someplace like myspace?
or whether someone on myspace is real or not real - isn't that the whole point of the place, that no-one's really real there anyway.
i see people first intentionally creating alternate personalities there and then some other people spending a lot of time discussing whether someone's real or not. because does it really matter? i really don't aim to sound like a smartass or shoot down any topics, not at all. but personally i just think there are lots of more interesting issues to discuss out there, what comes to the cure & the rest. all this "is this or that person's myspace real??" discussion that one always sees on every single board these days, i just think it's a bit funny...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Cure

well i guess that fans (personally speakin) would like to have some communication or sth with their idols..
personally, i communicate via msn or myspace with my fav. artist from my country (huge cure-fan, haha) and it's divine..
i don't know, it all seems so distant otherwise..
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Carnage Visor

And I'm not a friend **** or an attention seeker, I just thought very casually...I am a huge huge Cure fan, and here are Robert and Simon...it's a very layed back site where adding friends isn't too personal...so I tried it, and I feel horrible.
I can imagine how annoyed they must have felt when I requested it...they probably thought I was some kind of weirdo, or just an annoying fan...but my intentions were nothing of the sort.

Well, I guess the damage is done.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Cure on July 03, 2007, 22:29:22
well i guess that fans (personally speakin) would like to have some communication or sth with their idols..
personally, i communicate via msn or myspace with my fav. artist from my country (huge cure-fan, haha) and it's divine..
i don't know, it all seems so distant otherwise..

yes but that's not what i meant. i meant it's funny how people seem to use endlessly time discussing "is he's real or not?" on every single forum on goes to. so it's like "he's real" "no he's not!" "yes he is!!" etc.
i just find that funny...

anyway, to each his/her own of course. i guess i've never really related to the great urge that fans are "supposed" to have to meet their idol and communite with them directly. i really don't think it's somehow "distant" if you never get to meet those people you admire, not at all. it's never "distant" if you're really into something and if it brings meaning and subtance to your life - it's very direct communication. and i think the relationship between yourself and the music/art is always much much more interesting than one's  possible relationship with the artist that creates it. i've never met any of the people i've maybe "admired" and i'm quite happy that way. and then i know several who met their idols and were othing but disappointed. so...

and so, back to where i started: thus i personally think it's rather uninteresting to spend too much time discussing the authenticity of celebrities' myspace pages or who's met whom etc. don't get me wrong. there's nothing bad in that and i know it probably means a lot to some people out there - so that's ok with me, again, i'm not trying to shoot this topic down or anything. anyway, i just think that one's "personal" relationship with the music is the most important thing and the source for things to say/discuss. whether or not ol' bob's myspace is real or not doesn't change it.
:smth001

(besides, i find it funny how being added to to somebody famous' friend in his/her myspace has become almost like a kind of status symbol or something: it's cool when you can say you're this or that person's "friend" - just as if it really meant anything at all. i guess it's some kind of form of collecting or something, i don't know... anyway, i just find that funny. and very distant to myself.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Dillinger

the bands pages are real, they were made to stop fans making pages pretending to be the band