Porl Thompson the fastest guitar player ever!!!!!

Started by arielcc, August 19, 2005, 03:36:31

Previous topic - Next topic

arielcc

HI!!
Have you noticed he plays the solo for the blood with just a "pick" !!!! wowww he is terrific, i tried that solo (and i can play it) but in the flamenco style, which i imagine robert was inspired when he wrote this song, i mean using all the fingers from both hands!!! and i am pretty sure all the flamenco guitar players would play it like this, BUT Porl only uses a "pick"  i am amazed!! :shock:  

ariel

Tristan Berlin

Porl is a great great man!!! I love his kind of playing, his posings, his face when he plays and his big talent. Just as Perry said he might be one of the best guitar players from the UK. I think thats true...I've missed him for 12 years!!!! Porl Fans - please post here.  :D

Tof

I hope he stay with THE CURE for the next album and for the next tour  :smt035
Tof

Tristan Berlin

and after that album and after that tour  :wink:

Tof

Tof

boneheadhaggar

he definately must stay, without a doubt a superb guitarist  :smt035
its nice to be nice

Beesley Wytchboy

He is a superb musician but i reckon that Dimebag Abbot or Euronymous was the fastest ever..............both dead I kno!

Luke x :P
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

agusramirez

Hi, I guess he learned a lot of Page and now he's doing it with The Cure. I think the band sounds great, really good arreangements to the songs on the keyboards parts. Porl's one of the best guitar players ever  :evil: . And it's great to have him back.

AR

rdruiz8

Well I think that Porl is one of the greatest guitar players ever. He's skills are great.
But definitively he's not the fastest, just listen to Steve Vai, Joe Straiani and John Petrucci. Man!! these guys are really fast!!!
i'm running out of time i'm out of step and
closing down

kirill

no, the fastest is John McLaughlin or Al Di Meola
i like some of Al Di Meola a lot  :smt035

tsounts

Quote from: arielcc on August 19, 2005, 03:36:31
HI!!
Have you noticed he plays the solo for the blood with just a "pick" !!!! wowww he is terrific, i tried that solo (and i can play it) but in the flamenco style, which i imagine robert was inspired when he wrote this song, i mean using all the fingers from both hands!!! and i am pretty sure all the flamenco guitar players would play it like this, BUT Porl only uses a "pick"  i am amazed!! :shock:  

ariel

Hi, you mean something like that? Check my clip on blood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67Idprlg3g

I try to practice when I have time

Jim from Greece

tsounts

Check out my clips on youtube.com under the name "spondylos".  I don't have much time to practice so some of the uploaded clips are a bit crude and not indicative of how I play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67Idprlg3g  (the blood, solo, from 2005 DVD concert)

fiction

I wouldn´t even dream of thinkin´ of PT as one of the fastest wrists amongst the famous axemen. And honestly I don´t see the point with the likes of Al di Meola, McLaughlin, Santana or J. Mahavishnu wanking their guitars with a pace of 20 notes pr second. The absence of feeling grows so strong in the search of sonic speed. The one that got away with those stunts was, imo, Frank Zappa.

I´d rather listen to any given blues guitarist or even Johnny Ramone cause then the swinging of the axe is all about feeling and none about killing the soul of the instrument and music in a crazy race for speed.

again and again and again and again and again and...