Robert Smith: "The Cure will release a new album soon"

Started by dsanchez, February 15, 2020, 14:57:26

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on February 28, 2024, 12:41:09This is "only" about 2 new t-shirts (benefitting UNHCR), but note they do mention the "UPCOMING ALBUM"!

QuoteTWO NEW T-SHIRTS BENEFITTING UNHCR 
"REMEMBER ME TONIGHT" PART OF THE LYRIC TO 'AND NOTHING IS FOREVER' THE SECOND SONG OF THE UPCOMING 'SONGS OF A LOST WORLD' ALBUM. ORDER AT HTTPS://lnk.to/REMEMBERMETONIGHT
https://www.facebook.com/thecure/

(They even give away that it'll be the 2nd song on it.)

The green/red letters is in clear support to Palestine. Going to buy that t-shirt NOW! :)

https://shopuk.thecure.com/products/remember-me-tonight-green-pink-t-shirt?pr_prod_strat=jac&pr_rec_id=2ce4e97d5&pr_rec_pid=7669364818101&pr_ref_pid=7663119532213&pr_seq=uniform
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Simon Gallup answers a fan on Facebook who was skeptical about the new album being made at all:

"Yes there is [the new album being recorded/mixed] choose to believe us or not, we've never played the same game as all other groups... we don't want to save up and buy private islands by releasing stuff and getting it wrong... been like that since day one... if you want normal go and buy depeche mode, Radiohead, Nick Cave etc... New Order do the same as us"

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 14, 2024, 10:44:22who was skeptical about the new album being made at all

Wonder how that did happen after all the "it will be released later this year" almost every year since 2019 or so!  :lol:
(Robert said it will be out before the 2022 touring starts, now we have 2024!)

But I myself never had a doubt there had been recordings (and maybe after the songs being played live, there were some re-recordings too?), also it is known that Robert can be quite a perfectionist when it comes to mixing and stuff... All we can do is wait and see.  :cool
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

So if I understand Simon correctly, the new album is basically ready for publication. :smth023 
In ten to fifteen years, some dream islands no longer exist ... I was informed. ;)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 15, 2024, 12:47:29So if I understand Simon correctly, the new album is basically ready for publication.

No, that's not how I understood his comment. He basically says these things take time and unless they're completely happy with how it turns out, it won't be released yet. (More mixing, more tweaking?)

Matti

and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Ulrich

Quote from: Matti on April 15, 2024, 18:16:02We all know where this is going...

:lol:  XD

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 15, 2024, 12:47:29In ten to fifteen years, some dream islands no longer exist ...

Yeah well, who knows, I don't wanna wait that long for this album...

MeltingMan

...I have to stop myself so that my emotions don't get the best of me, but it was Simon who said already years ago "We don't need a new album." and no one contradicted him - not even Robert. Man... are we really that st*p*d? No.  :frowning:

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 15, 2024, 19:08:41...I have to stop myself so that my emotions don't get the best of me, but it was Simon who said already years ago "We don't need a new album." ...

Well, with the impressive "body of work" The Cure has already delivered in the past, no one really "needs" a new album, but it would make us (the fans) happy, I guess?

Plus, most of us have heard the new songs at the concerts (and/or on youtube), so they DO exist. Of course, being "old-fashioned", I do want new songs on a piece of plastic I can listen to (vinyl or cd), preferably with a nice booklet incl. lyrics.

Now all we need is some more patience until Robert & Co. finally decide "it is ready for release".  :cool

MeltingMan

Quote from: UlrichWell, with the impressive "body of work" The Cure has already delivered in the past, no one really "needs" a new album, but it would make us (the fans) happy, I guess?

Nobody denies that seriously. I defend myself against the assumption of we fans are impatient and insatiable. Many are now at an age when they are realistic enough to recognize whether they are sold for st*p*d or not. If The Cure is of the opinion that they would only do the fans a favor with the publication (because you don't need it yourself, etc. etc.) then I say: Leave it! Unless you want to give away a masterpiece (!). And there has never been ...

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 17, 2024, 09:26:44... then I say: Leave it!

It's way too late for that, I think. They already played many of the songs live and thus we (the fans) heard most of them.
They recorded something and Robert has been mixing and tweaking it. According to above-mentioned post about the t-shirts they already know the order of the songs on the album (and they gave away the title long ago)!!

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 17, 2024, 09:26:44Unless you want to give away a masterpiece

That, in my humble opinion, is Robert's "problem": it might be the last album they ever make (or maybe not, in any way the last one is a looong time ago), thus he wants every aspect of it to be "perfect" (to his own ears, we might not hear the difference)!

As someone once said: "It'll be ready when it's ready".  :cool

Curehead_steffa

I've heard some of the songs from the album that were recorded live.and I have to say it is the most beautiful bittersweet album ever. I really like end song
https://youtu.be/QKwhA1A_qn4?si=ISzN4JAOvD5wty-r
Literally brought me to tears. I will be patient and wait the time,however long it takes for this gorgeous album to release
Sense of nostalgia for all these dead accounts