Boris Williams update

Started by dsanchez, October 09, 2011, 15:50:53

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Not really a news because this happened last year, but I've just found a couple of YouTube videos where we can see Boris Williams! He played last year in Paris with Shelleyan Orphan. I don't know if he's a permanent member of the band but it would be worth to keep on eye on what they are doing to see when they are going to play live.

SHELLEYAN ORPHAN - Paris, La Java - 20 mai 2010 (2/3)
And some pictures of this show here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44522516@N08/sets/72157624118453680/

Always nice to have some news of Boris!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

I think he's played with them before, but also not sure if he's ever been their "official" drummer...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Adlib

Boris has been playing with Shelleyan Orphan for years. The start of his collaboration was in 1992 when he recorded the "Humroot" LP with them (this LP also featured Porl Thompson). Then the band split, soon to form another band called Babacar where Boris played drums. Shelleyan Orphan recorded a new album in 2008, still with Boris drumming.

Caroline and Boris met during the Prayer Tour and (if not married) they live(d) together.

All I know now is that Boris lives somewhere in France. I don't know if Shelleyan Orphan still exist, but if they do, Boris will certainly be around. 
When the wise shows the star, the fools look at his finger...

patitodark

In 25 seconds anyone can notice Boris is better than j@son

El buen Boris Williams tocando una Roland

dsanchez

Quote from: patitodark on November 08, 2011, 21:21:20
I also think Boris is better drummer than Jason BUT, didn't anyone notice that Jason's drums sounded really good back in 1995/1996?

The Cure "Inbetween Days" Live at Glastonbury 1995

Drums sounded "fresh" and with lots of energy. I wonder why it changed so much (just for instance, "Play For Today" sounds very slow now in my opinion, and the cymbals...)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

patitodark

Quote from: dsanchez on November 10, 2011, 20:33:27
Quote from: patitodark on November 08, 2011, 21:21:20
I also think Boris is better drummer than Jason BUT, didn't anyone notice that Jason's drums sounded really good back in 1995/1996?

Drums sounded "fresh" and with lots of energy. I wonder why it changed so much (just for instance, "Play For Today" sounds very slow now in my opinion, and the cymbals...)

I remember myself listening to this same concert live (radio broadcast) back in 1995 and thinking "this new drummer is not bad but that snare drum sucks". Years passed and everything: drummer and drums, began to sound lifeless and dry (=suck), more and more...  :smth011

dsanchez

Another clip of Boris playing with Shelleyan Orphan (in 2008), good audio and you can enjoy his drumming...

Shelleyan Orphan 041.mov

Shelleyan Orphan 042.mov
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo