2007.07.27 Naeba 'Fuji Rock Festival' (Japan)

Started by bomber2007, March 12, 2007, 02:04:19

Previous topic - Next topic

carnagevisors

They're sleeping...
Quite disappointing setlist, for now.

Dillinger

ehh, i expected that kind of list. atleast LGTB is staying in there with the other pop songs. really i want LGTB, mint car and the baby screams as regular encore songs

carnagevisors

Tape (intro), Open, Fascination Street, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot, The Walk, alt.end, Inbetween Days, Friday I'm In Love,
Just Like Heaven, TheEnd of the World, Lovesong, Lullaby, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, Pictures of You, The Kiss, Shake Dog Shake, Wrong
Number, Never Enough, One Hundred Years, End

1st Encore: Let's Go To Bed, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?

2nd Encore: A Forest, Boys Don't Cry

Show was 2 hours and 15 minutes

from COF

crowbi_wan

Quote from: carnagevisors on July 28, 2007, 03:28:38
Tape (intro), Open, Fascination Street, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot, The Walk, alt.end, Inbetween Days, Friday I'm In Love,
Just Like Heaven, TheEnd of the World, Lovesong, Lullaby, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, Pictures of You, The Kiss, Shake Dog Shake, Wrong
Number, Never Enough, One Hundred Years, End

Show was 2 hours and 15 minutes

from COF

Well, that's a little better.  Not much, and only for being longer. 

lostflower4

Ok, that's better. Basically the same as Miami '07 with a few variations. And they played The Kiss. :rocker

But I hope they mix it up more in the future!

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 28, 2007, 04:00:15
Ok, that's better. Basically the same as Miami '07 with a few variations.

And they played The Kiss. :rocker

But still, I hope they mix it more in the future!

I was really hoping for some new material.  After all, aren't they touring to promote and eventually support a new album? 

Gothfiend

It is a festival set, and yes, the setlist is bound to be different when they hit the Euro/US legs.  Id be stoked with that setlist, I dont care, Jesus, just be thankful they're still touring.   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 28, 2007, 04:04:05
I was really hoping for some new material.  After all, aren't they touring to promote and eventually support a new album? 

no. just like someone already said in this thread (i think), they aren't touring yet and they surely have no album to promote yet - this was only a summer festival gig. i wasn't expecting any new songs songs either. i'm glad the setlist was actually a bit better than the first draft although i was hoping for some surprises (i mean some old songs). a fool's hope, of course.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

carnagevisors

Tape (intro), Open, Fascination Street, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Kyoto Song, Hot Hot Hot, alt.end, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, Pictures of You, Lullaby, Inbetween Days, Friday I'm In Love, Just Like Heaven, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss, Shake Dog Shake,  Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End

Show was 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The list has been corrected.

It's a lot better than the partial list...
This is a regular festival set

boneheadhaggar

definately better, would still have liked some new songs though :!:
its nice to be nice

Gothfiend

Much obliged Carnage, its hardly a template of whats to come, but I'll take that any day for a Fest set, fricken awesome!!  :smth023

temptation-cure

well a little better. tape and open = very good :D
and Kyoto Song? i didn't expect this song when was the last time they played it?
it .was not in 2005 no?
  i hope that on monday this fest will be better ;;
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

nevyn

now, I am really confused, and I hope Druide will soon confirm the setlist, as I really do not know what to think about it...

Secrets

I was pleasantly surprised to see Kyoto Song too.

I'm not going to take any sets too seriously until the band hits Perth.

bomber2007

Great to see Kyoto Song.
Was played 6 times back at the 1998 festivals and before then was back in 1989.

Was the Intro:Tape just the short 20 second intro like at the 2005 shows & Royal ALbert Hall in 2006 or did it go for the full 3 minutes like on the Wish Tour ?