Keyboard or not ???

Started by Tof, October 07, 2005, 13:14:08

Previous topic - Next topic

for the next album !!!!  Keyboard or not ???

Yes
38 (92.7%)
No
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Lady

KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Bloodflower

I love the keyboards, and I think they're very important to the sound of most Cure songs. I would definitely like to see them back. People have joked about an all-keyboard set at the Ultra Music Festival, but honestly, I think that would be fantastic. Very different, to be sure.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

vsoleil

I'm not a big fan of keyboards BUT Keyboards are one of the pieces of this cure sound we all love…
they give a little melody to complete the song, or are a base to build an atmosphere…

Too much keyboards are bouring… too much guitar too… For example I don't really appreciate the songs BloodFlowers and From The edge… wich are really different…
but a mix of guitar and Keybords, like "Cold" for example or "plainsong" are f*cking great songs… and they are based on keyboards…

so…

I vote YES !
This was made to be played loud,
SO TURN IT UP !!!

http://vsoleil.free.fr/anotherpasttime-lesite/
listen curefan, you'll like it !!!

More music from my bands
http://www.16pac.com
http://yogi.rocks.free.fr

ENJOY !

figurehead

No kbds for the new l.p.
Just to hear how it will work out without them for one more
album like from the very beggining of Three Imaginary Boys...
p.s.:after all i think that Porl already said that they haven't play any of them on the new record...
'Is It Always Like This?'

csalves

Off course, yes!
Keyboards are an essential part of the cure musics for a long time now.

nausearockpig

Yeah i've voted yes. I liked the 2005 interpretation of all the songs old and new sans keyboards but with some keyboard parts played on gee-tar. I think that The Cure should have keys in songs if they are warranted - imagine Sugar Girl without keys... then again, imagine Plainsong without keys!!!

In the context of a live environment I think we'll see Porl swapping between gee-tar and keys or maybe sampling...

"Rotting in hell"
Javier

askbill

I agree that keyboards are an essential part of the Cure and their music; however, now that Porl is back, I just want to hear them stripped down and rocking for awhile. Then they can go back to using keyboards later. One thing I like about the Cure is how well they can pull off anything from a 3 piece to a five piece ensemble.

nausearockpig

that's true, look at the Yahoo session for instance.. that rocked. i wonder when we'll get to hear the other two tracks from that?

japanesebaby

Quote from: askbill on February 27, 2007, 06:34:55One thing I like about the Cure is how well they can pull off anything from a 3 piece to a five piece ensemble.
agreed too. i take it simply as meaning they not only have good songs but they also know how to play them.
if they only chose to use some of that inventiveness in how to put together their setlists...  ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

seifukusha

thats tough. the cure was really a great great record. maybe an organ or something vintage, not just atmosphere pads

id like to hear another the cure like record

tram71

I think there will be keyboards on the next album. Why not? Both Robert and Porl are good keyboardists as well as guitarists. Will they need them live? Who knows? We won't really know until we hear it. It would be cool if both Robert and Porl were switching between guitars and keyboards on the next tour though.

Druide

Sorry but for me NO keyboards...I like this formation, just ROCK  :rocker :rocker :rocker
...Dancing in my pocket...

Bloodflower

Every time I think of this sans-keyboards Cure, I feel like we're stuck with "Never Enough" on repeat. It's a good enough song, but The Cure really needs keys. I can't listen to "Never Enough" forever.

And I'm a bit confused by what you mean, askbill, by 'stripped down.' I don't see anything 'stripped down' about a Cure with Porl in it, who is a distortion guitarist by trade. I can't listen to the Festival 2005 version of "The Blood", with all those extra solo notes, and think of a stripped down sound.... I think The Dark Trilogy, and The Cure post-Perry and Roger, but prae-Porl, when it was just Jason, Simon, and Robert.

Explain, please?
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

smitha

keyboards, for god sake...

yann_de_cannes

Standing on a beach with sunglasses in my hand