2008.05.12 Boston - Agganis Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

I don't think I'd like The Cure very much if they were Bon Jovi.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Plainsong

What I'd give to hear them play something from TC besides alt.end and Us or Them. Labyrinth with this lineup would be beyond awesome and so would Before 3 (although Robert would need to brush up on the lyrics to both--did he ever get them straight in 2004?).

Curegrl101

:smth011...it's doom & gloom time folks... :twisted:
You brush past my skin, soft as fur

Bloodflower

Play For Today --> A Forest.

The start of something different?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 13, 2008, 05:09:35

--> Forever?

Giuseppe Eisonhawk

dood they played an entirely new song live before it's released
ha ha
this third show is in fact even better
Porl's frame  . . . 
may it be me or it maybe you

Giuseppe Eisonhawk

Boston must have the best music mothers...
beer
Oh yeah, Mama Kin
may it be me or it maybe you

Bloodflower

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 13, 2008, 05:11:51
Quote from: Bloodflower on May 13, 2008, 05:09:35

--> Forever?

Oh bitter disappointment -- why plague me?

mitchgo

killer show. hope to write a review tomorrow...just got back to maine at 2:15 am.

Blood, Us or Them, and Signal to Noise were major highlights. The whole freaking thing was just about perfect. (only Why Can't I Be You didn't seem to work at all...there were some misfiring keyboard samples and it sounded a bit of a mess).

Would love to have heard all four 17 Sec's songs, but I was praying The Blood would appear, and sure enough...

MG

sullen

ha, you beat me!

just got back to jersey city at 6:15AM!

havent slept, i was drunk, hungover, and now back from breakfast.

NOTES:

RE: shame about the encores note up top of this thread,
so true.
they really didn't have time left, grent them that.
BUT
this venue technically had no curfew, there was just simply a scheduled end time.
I harrassed about a dozen venue workers about curfew laws, and they all told me there wasnt one at this place.

So they could have gone more than 3 hours, and not cut the encore, and or done a 4th.

4 song faith encore is printed on the US setlists, got my first peek at them last night, no suprises on the encore setlist, exact same arrangements as europe.

i thought that something different was going to happen when they opened E2 with playfortoday.
we got a long guitar interlude before forest that i thought was going to lead into forever, but just went into forest.
Forest had a smashing ending however!
Simon pounding on the bass like the old days.

Nothing much more to say, sound was bad, not the bands fault, robert was wasted which is always fun to watch.

Sleep when im dead, i dont know, you can judge it for yourself, i think the bassline sounds a bit like shiver.

More i hear these songs, the more the reality sets in that they are now a rock band, nothing more.
Sad but true.
I'm just glad i saw the swing/dream cure many times because shows like that will never be back with the direction things are headed.

The other new song is FABULOUS!
It wasn't really dark, it was just slow and lush and pretty, is the only way i can describe it.
I was in awe. I think it is the best one yet.
Hope they play it in canada.
But the one thing that ran through my head as i was enchanted by this song.....
....how much better it would have sounded with a keyboard track in it.....

mitchgo

the sound was actually excellent where we were (floor sectio F6, half a section in front of the sound board to the left). i noticed when you walked way up the steps that the sound got louder and harsher.

i was amazed at how great the arrangements were and how deconstructed so many tunes sounded with no keys. only Close to Me and Why Cant I...had any kind of sampled keys, as far as i could tell.

Yeah, they coulda blown past 11:30 (actually they went to 11:35) but jeez, 3 hours for a single set show is long enough! (they really should skip the opening bands...no need...just come on at 8 and play till 11).

I'm 46 and have seen like 800 shows since the mid 70s and probably 1000 bands, but this is among the longest single set shows i've ever seen. (seen some 4 hour multi set shows, but that's another story).

From only one listen Sleep When I'm Dead sounded like a weird cross between Never Enough and The Baby Screams. I'm sure it won't sound like that after a few more listens.

BennyBlanco

Wow my first cure show and they absolutely blew me away 3+ hr set of all amazing material.

I will be posting the live set soon to one of those sites  :smth023

And ill throw up some pics in a bit :)

Pics are now up  :-D   

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53596383@N00/sets/72157605039385337/

scatcat

hey, I'm glad that they played a "new song".. 'Sleep when I'm dead'..
( wish i could sleep while i'm still alive.. insommnia is a curse  :evil: )
.. does anyone have a sample of this, or the 'new song 2' yet? .. or maybe I have missed some links.?

TIA
scatcat
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

[labyrinth]

http://www.bradleysalmanac.com/blogger.html

from CoF
you can listen to the new song there!

Thank You Bradley !!! :-D

crowbi_wan

Sleep When I'm Dead   :smth020

Oh I'm liking this a lot!  :rocker