The girl from the "Charlotte Sometimes" video was Simon's girlfriend?

Started by dsanchez, November 28, 2005, 14:38:39

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

A friend of mine just told me this yesterday. I am not sure if it's true, but if it was I just can say Simon has a great taste ;). What's the name of this beauty, by the way?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

I don't think it's true. I remember Robert talking about that video in an interview, and how much he hated it. He was talking about the girl in such away that it seemed like it was just some random actress they hired to do it, and he wasn't happy with her either.

Just by what Robert said and the way he said it, I'm pretty sure this is some sort of myth. :?

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4I don't think it's true. I remember Robert talking about that video in an interview, and how much he hated it. He was talking about the girl in such away that it seemed like it was just some random actress they hired to do it, and he wasn't happy with her either.

Just by what Robert said and the way he said it, I'm pretty sure this is some sort of myth. :?

I didn't know Robert hated this video. Actually is my favourite one and one of the "darkest" of The Cure. Also not to mention this beautiful actress ;)

Thanks for the info.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

shane

agree 100%

she is gorgeous, probably still is now

don't know why he wasn't happy with the video, if he wasn't happy why did he go through with it.  robert talks some tripe sometimes

B.DEE

Quote from: shane
don't know why he wasn't happy with the video, if he wasn't happy why did he go through with it.  robert talks some tripe sometimes

See: "Ten Imaginary Years" page 49.
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

charlotte sometimes

temptation-cure

:roll: ROBERT SAYS WHEN THIS VIDEO WAS FINISHED AND EVERYONE LOOK AT THE VIDEO ROBERT DOESN'T KNOW  IF  LAUGHING OR CRYING :lol:
I THINK HI SHAME SELF OF THAT VIDEO I DON'T KNOW BUT YES HI HATED THIS ONE
:lol:
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

GSXR1000

I always thought she was Tracey Childs, but really not sure now. The nose is not the same. The girl in the vid has a more upturned, smaller and more pointy nose. She is so lovely though. She has haunted me for years. Can anyone really say who she is?

dsanchez

Hello GSXR1000! Welcome to curefans.com

I am merging your question with this existing (similar) topic. I'm not sure about the name of the actress. Maybe someday we will know?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: Lady on September 26, 2006, 16:34:40
Why did he hate it?

Probably because it did not work out the way the band had wanted it.  :(

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

A tweet from Lol on this topic, eventually we will find out who the actress portraying Charlotte is:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

robertsfangs

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 28, 2005, 20:48:32I don't think it's true. I remember Robert talking about that video in an interview, and how much he hated it. He was talking about the girl in such away that it seemed like it was just some random actress they hired to do it, and he wasn't happy with her either.

In this video https://youtu.be/IWopqj0dFic at 1:23 mark, he talks about not liking the video/actress. "Watch out for the uselessly horrible girl in it"