2007.10.21 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, August 09, 2007, 23:34:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

Heh! Sorry, J, I thought you meant not to talk about the recording, not the show itself.

And I will agree that it's just damned demented to close with Boys Don't Cry; but I'll forgive that, the rest of the night's set considered.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

That has to be the best setlist in ages.  I'm still in shock over some of those songs.  I mean we all knew the Faith encore was coming, but To Wish Impossible Things and A Boy I Never Knew.  Who'd have thought?

What will be the surprises tomorrow?  Fingers crossed for Siamese Twins and Give Me It  :rocker

j

Hopefully (since I won't be there) they'll play Standing on a Beach in it's entirety followed by all of Mixed up. :rocker :-D

Bloodflower

Quote from: j on October 22, 2007, 06:51:23
Hopefully (since I won't be there) they'll play Standing on a Beach in it's entirety followed by all of Mixed up. :rocker :-D

lol

I get the feeling they're feeling ambitious. I'm half-expecting Cold and The Same Deep Water As You, at this point....

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on October 22, 2007, 06:43:19
What a difference being back by the board vs. being under the stacks makes.  I absolutely needed the rolloff tonight.

Really?  My gear is just the opposite.  When I'm back further it'll pick up more boom.  

scatcat

Quote from: j on October 22, 2007, 06:21:50

I can also honestly say that the wait for A Boy I Never Knew was well worth it.  Right up my alley.  Miserable.

I have never heard of this song, it sounds fit for me too! Thanks J ! :rocker

Maybe, if it's never been released before, they might include it in the new album ??

As for the encores.. it doesn't seem right, I mean they played soo much in Melbourne  every encore, how long did the concert go for there? :shock:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

j

Quote from: scatcat on October 22, 2007, 06:56:51
Quote from: j on October 22, 2007, 06:21:50

I can also honestly say that the wait for A Boy I Never Knew was well worth it.  Right up my alley.  Miserable.

I have never heard of this song, it sounds fit for me too! Thanks J ! :rocker

Maybe, if it's never been released before, they might include it in the new album ??

As for the encores.. it doesn't seem right, I mean they played soo much in Melbourne  every encore, how long did the concert go for there? :shock:

They played for about 2 hours and 55 minutes tonight.  And I would expect it to be on the new album

j

And now, for your listening pleasure:

http://www.alettertoelise.org/users/share/file010803.wav

Now for the bullshit I shouldn't have to say:

Feel free to do what you want with this file FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE!  If you want to share it on your site or any other for that matter, download it from me, then upload it to somewhere else in wav format on your own site or hosting site.  Hook this forum up and let everyone know you got it from me and from curefans.  Just don't spread it in lossy format!!!!!

ernest newman

be curious to know if this is the song from "the Cure" sessions EP that included 3 songs that never made b sides and see how it compares

Pooka

J thanks for your efforts.

I'm glad you got a much more interesting set tonight.

Judging from the name of the song, I'm willing to bet this is the same song from the "Lost 2004" sessions, with the lyrics that Craig P put up on COF, which meant this song is at least 3 years old.

Bloodflower

That was incredible, J, you are the man.

Thanks so much for this.

(And as for it being a bad recording -- this sounds a better than most of the stuff to come out of the Australasian tour. My only criticism of this recording is that it's too quiet -- and that's got as much to do with me using my laptop's crappy built-in speakers than anything else. If this a bad J recording, your good recordings must be incredible.)

Hearing this, and Please Project, I've got very high hopes for the new album.

j

I had to have my levels low because I was right under the stacks.  I kept clipping so I had to drop the levels to compensate.  This recording is using the bass roll off filter.  It may have sounded like pooka's Mountain View recording without that filter ;) :-D

P.S.:  That last comment was a joke!  I know the feeling all too well when a recording doesn't turn out.  When I get home and have some free time, I'll boost the levels in post and see what happens.

ernest newman

Well after listening, yes this is the same song that was written in 2003-2004 by the old band Smith, Odonnell, Bamonte, Cooper and Gallup...Gone but not forgotten, so if its on the "new" record its not new

why this didnt make it and "I dont know whats going on" did is amazing

monghi

i never said i would stay to the end