Blue world

Started by bluewater, August 10, 2008, 13:52:16

Previous topic - Next topic

revolt

Quote from: bluewater on September 08, 2008, 09:25:12
For me art is only lying if it's not devoted to God - in the end. Because it can't change any people's mountain, move anything in belief - level. It also cannot move the belief that the world is any better place than what it is. This is why i in fact hate all music that tries directly to make the world a better place, like U2, Rem, "everything is fine, la-la-la" music.

You see, a person who creates art devoted to God is only lying to himself... The thing is, he does it probably so perfectly (the lying) that he himself truly believes in it.

Anyway, the music of U2 or REM is not, in general, trying to make the world a better place. That might be the intention of Bono, Stipe & co. as a sort of general attitude towards the world, a thing they promote through their participation in Amnesty International, talking with world leaderss and what not, but in general, I don't think it's fair to say that their MUSIC has "making the world a better place" as their main motive. Also, U2 have much music that is quite dark and REM, at least before they came maintream stars, were too obscure in they lyrics to be able to have any sort of impact on that level.

KingOfSomeIsland

Quote from: bluewater on August 10, 2008, 13:52:16

I keep everything that is blue, and everything else i burn.

Now I have that Eiffel 65 song stuck in my head...

Im blue ba da dee ba da dii la da dee la da bii blue da ba dii

bluewater

Guys, I do have a real problem because i started this thread. Whatever way i express it it doesn't come out right. But I really cannot be a cure fan anymore for religious reasons, my soul doesn't find rest in this place. Nothing bad against curefans but a personal reason and i try to express it the best way I can. I'll be devout Christian now, laugh it or not, sometimes I'll listen to cure and pray for you or something.

See you again,
Bye,

Bluewater

Life's too short to listen to lossy music

revolt

Quote from: bluewater on September 09, 2008, 06:51:40
But I really cannot be a cure fan anymore for religious reasons,

Now, that's truly one thing that I would never expect to hear anywhere...  :shock: I mean, Robert might be a non-believer, but it's not like he has been promoting Satan or whatever in his music... I think that you must be either joking or else probably are a very confused person. To each their own, anyway.

Quote from: bluewater on September 09, 2008, 06:51:40
and pray for you or something.

Please don't bother, you would only be wasting your time...  :twisted:

bluewater

The world is a confusion, and I'm walking confusion. Anyway, now I'm in peace. I try to find my way home but only stars on the sky show me way back home, so I go to the stars to find the one in the stars to guide me back home and there was God guiding me, and God is waiting me at home also. So the sentence "insipire in me the desire in me to never go home" also is confusion. The emotional process gets too complicated, one cannot worship two things, so I cannot be a fan for Robert Smith anymore. Something happened and i changed, like an accident. Someone saved me from the accident, but it wasn't Robert Smith, get it? Well, I'm gone now, in peace, Bye again. Love you all,

Bluewater

revolt

Quote from: bluewater on September 09, 2008, 13:21:54

one cannot worship two things,

Well, maybe so. But can't you like The Cure's music without worshipping Robert Smith? Being a music fan doesn't necessarily mean you worship the people who make that music... I for myself certainly do not worship Mr. Smith (or any other human being, for that matter). Love would be a different matter, I suppose. Because you can love someone or somethinhg without worshiping them, or can't you? Otherwise married christians or jews or muslims would either have to not love their wives / husbands or else they would be permanently betraying their god...

bluewater

I listen to mostly ambient electronic music nowadays. The cure's fanhood makes me feel more or less homesick, it is like playing with emotions in a completely wrong way, destructive way towards the basic truths about being at my (spiritual) home. This music to me when listened to as a fan is like a guide that takes you by the hand and says, "i'll take you home, you're lost", but in the end it leaves you even deeper in some forest, more lost than you originally were.

So in the end it makes me feel they more or less burn religion like some witchcraft thing so i have to throw it away as a fan, anti-christian music that gives me physical feeling of sickness, like having a bad hangover and headache. I can listen to it so i don't care about it at all, but then I'm not fan anymore. I wouldn't go to a cure show either, even if they were in our home town or something. It is past life to me.

I really feel a lot better when I publicly say I'm not a fan of Cure's music anymore, and that i found a different truth about my emotional needs.

Speaking of Robert Smith, i consider him as a friend I would hug if I met
and thank for the years when his music belonged to my life, but life changes,
this time forever

Bluewater

japanesebaby

Quote from: bluewater on September 09, 2008, 17:09:17
this time forever

an echo and a stranger's hand

colours that flicker in water

a short term effect

(what god is)