Bad traders

Started by Steve, September 12, 2007, 17:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I did search & I do recall seeing a trader's sit where there was a "page of shame" where bad traders were "outed" publicly.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers.

Steve
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

do you remember it was a cure trading site or some other trading site?
many traders have this sort of black lists on their sites... and for a good reason.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Should we start a black list here?
Everyone agree?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

temptation-cure

ow sounds exciting  :lol:
hope that none of curefans member will be included here :shock: :shock:
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

Tof

Quote from: dsanchez on September 12, 2007, 22:08:49
Everyone agree?

Perhaps we can make a white list with good traders !!!
Tof

FarFar

Quote from: Tof on September 13, 2007, 01:59:40
Everyone agree?

yeah is a good idea
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Steve

Quote from: FarFar on September 13, 2007, 04:04:25
Quote from: Tof on September 13, 2007, 01:59:40
Everyone agree?

yeah is a good idea

I think it would help.
With the recording equipment becoming smaller &, I guess, easier to get into venues, we might see some novice tapers trying to trade their masters with lowlife. Not a good thing.
I'm not a trader TBH, but I do trade sometimes if I have something someone wants. So far I've not been burnt, but one day it may happen.
If we have a black (& indeed, white) list, it would maybe help those who are thinking of going into a trade.
As I recall, the page I saw was on a trading site, but I can't remember which one (sorry).
Cheers.

Steve

Edit. I found the link bad traders list
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

FarFar

QuoteI think it would help.
With the recording equipment becoming smaller &, I guess, easier to get into venues, we might see some novice tapers trying to trade their masters with lowlife. Not a good thing.
I'm not a trader TBH, but I do trade sometimes if I have something someone wants. So far I've not been burnt, but one day it may happen.
If we have a black (& indeed, white) list, it would maybe help those who are thinking of going into a trade.
As I recall, the page I saw was on a trading site, but I can't remember which one (sorry).
Cheers.

Steve

Edit. I found the link bad traders list

if we have the bad traders is easy for us to detect who is a bad traders....i think we should made a list which one is bad traders and good traders....

anyway thanks to steve for the link....
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

rjl

There are some posted here:

http://home.arcor.de/underablackflag/trade/badtrader.htm

There are also a couple that I won't deal with anymore, but I'm hesitant to outright name them, another that I was warned against by others.

I like the idea of a whitelist / positive feedback list, however. Unless someone is an out and out crook (Brent Graham has "rock star" status there), I'm not sure if we should name them.

Of course, if someone were to ask I might mention a name or two...

lostflower4

After a fair amount of time in the trading scene, I really don't like the idea of making a black and white "good traders/bad traders" list. Believe me, there are some people that have really screwed me over in the past, and I'm still trying to find the best way of handling it.

Now, I have been tempted to make a post on here saying, "Watch out for this trader, he really ripped me off." And I might still do that. But posting a list compiled by everyone seems a bit messy to me.

And of course, there's nothing from stopping anyone from using their own web page, blog, etc., and trashing the person to the extent they deserve. :twisted:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on September 13, 2007, 19:38:51
After a fair amount of time in the trading scene, I really don't like the idea of making a black and white "good traders/bad traders" list. Believe me, there are some people that have really screwed me over in the past, and I'm still trying to find the best way of handling it.

Now, I have been tempted to make a post on here saying, "Watch out for this trader, he really ripped me off." And I might still do that. But posting a list compiled by everyone seems a bit messy to me.

And of course, there's nothing from stopping anyone from using their own web page, blog, etc., and trashing the person to the extent they deserve. :twisted:

I think you handle things just right.  For example, one trader has owed you some shows for over a year now.  Said trader makes a post on this forum stating he's ready to do some trading.  You reply to him about finishing the trade he started with you before he takes on any new ones.  Not bashing the guy, just letting him and us know that he's just really slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow  :lol:

lostflower4

Quote from: Steve on September 13, 2007, 07:40:41Edit. I found the link bad traders list

Never heard of any of those guys. But ironically, I think the guy who runs that site is a little weird.

There were several occasions where he and I were supposed to make a trade, but then he later changed his mind and/or stopped replying to my e-mails. :roll:

So maybe we could add him to a "non-traders" list? :-D

FarFar

just put his name in bad traders...

i'm agreed with you lostflower put his name under non-traders list....

japanesebaby

Quote from: rjl on September 13, 2007, 17:41:18
I like the idea of a whitelist / positive feedback list, however. Unless someone is an out and out crook (Brent Graham has "rock star" status there), I'm not sure if we should name them.

Of course, if someone were to ask I might mention a name or two...

i kind of like the idea of this whitelist/good feedback more - unless with those certain infamous cases like that of the abovementioned our friend mr. bomber.  (although by the way it almost looks to me like lately he's moved from ripping off traders to busting people's websites - does that count as "bad trading" huh?).
anyway, i don't think it's a bad idea to bring some individual utterly disastrous trades into attention of others - like that caley's recent experience that brian is referring to above. still, making some kind of permanent public list of bad traders seems somewhat different to me, i'd see it just a bit too gross - in most cases.

anyway, the same with me here: if anyone should particularly ask me, no i wouldn't hesitate to name some people.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on September 13, 2007, 19:38:51
After a fair amount of time in the trading scene, I really don't like the idea of making a black and white "good traders/bad traders" list.

I do agree with Caley. However, I think if someone have been cheated he/she should free to write his/her bad experience in this topic.

For my side I always had luck with trading :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo