2009.04.17 Las Vegas, NV - Pearl Concert Theater at The Palms (USA)

Started by crowbi_wan, February 24, 2009, 02:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 01, 2009, 21:03:46
Of course I'd rather it be a show I didn't like so I could talk smack about it like the two old guys from the muppets.  :lol:

That KROQ show would have been perfect for that...if only you and I had those seats for that show!

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on March 01, 2009, 23:24:54
How is this not sold out yet!?

High ticket prices + a bad economy.  Could be the people that would normally make the trip from LA are going to Coachella.  Could be people in Vegas are more interesting in Carrot Top and Barry Manilow. 

I don't get it either.  I'm sure as non-Cure fanatics make their plans for Vegas and are looking for something to do the show will sell out.   

pink ego box

Those of you who bought tickets during presale and with the code found online -
it says on ticketmaster you have to use a citi card to purchase tickets.
Have any of you logged on to your ticketmaster account to make sure your tickets are still there? I was hoping that wasn't why there were so many pit left during general sale was because of all the non citi card members using the same number then not using a citi card and it just piling back into the pool.

punx_chix

Quote from: pink ego box on March 02, 2009, 21:14:52
Have any of you logged on to your ticketmaster account to make sure your tickets are still there? I was hoping that wasn't why there were so many pit left during general sale was because of all the non citi card members using the same number then not using a citi card and it just piling back into the pool.

well thats disturbing :shock: but the money has already gone out of my bank account. so i don't think thats the case for me anyway
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

sullen

Quote from: punx_chix on March 02, 2009, 23:16:56

well thats disturbing :shock: but the money has already gone out of my bank account. so i don't think thats the case for me anyway

Others have been also wondering the same thing.
Order status is still the "tickets are being printed" thingy, and card has been charged, time will tell.
Think they would have canceled the order by now though?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on March 03, 2009, 01:57:42

Order status is still the "tickets are being printed" thingy, and card has been charged, time will tell.

I opted for Ticketsfast and printed them out immediately.  Just checked My Ticetmaster and everything is still okay.

The reason there were so many GA tickets left was there are over 700 GA tickets and casual fans don't seem to be interested in he show.  Good seats can still be had all over the place.

punx_chix

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 03, 2009, 02:25:01
Quote from: sullen on March 03, 2009, 01:57:42

I opted for Ticketsfast and printed them out immediately.  Just checked My Ticetmaster and everything is still okay.

The reason there were so many GA tickets left was there are over 700 GA tickets and casual fans don't seem to be interested in he show.  Good seats can still be had all over the place.

yeah that would be superfucked if something happened, so i'm not going to worry about it.

and it doesn't look like there is a bad seat in the whole venue!! i guess it's just your preference of standing or sitting

crowbi_wan

Quote from: punx_chix on March 03, 2009, 03:18:40
and it doesn't look like there is a bad seat in the whole venue!! i guess it's just your preference of standing or sitting

A friend of mine just saw Oasis there and said the same thing.  He's a big time Cure fan, having dished out some $$$ for a meet and greet, travelled the globe to many shows, and so on.  He's opting for a seat because the seats offer a better view and are very close.  I thought about doing the same, but in the end I need to be sure I'm near the speakers.  ;)  GA for me.

btw, punx_chix, great to read you'll be making the trip.  One more from the great NW.     

pink ego box

Well I'm glad I was paranoid for nothing.

I really wish I would have gotten seats on the side close to the stage. I don't feel like fighting for the front especially since you can't line up early. I know I'll end up getting stuck behind someone tall. I'm REALLY short too.
But my sis and niece want pit...who am I kidding I want to be right in front of Simon.

punx_chix

sullen

Has it been confirmed they will not allow early line ups?

crowbi_wan

Someone on COF called and was told no early line up.  It'll be another mad dash, much like The Troubadour.  Though, this time I hope we won't have to run through red lights and avoid traffic!

sullen

ahh, here:
" line up starts at 6:30 and the rude lady on the phone says that security is tight. then I said oh great then its just going to be chaos come 6:30 and she replied, pretty much yeah.  "

I guess we just have to loiter by the closest slot/table to the entrance.