2008.06.09 Houston - Toyota Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Yves28

Oh that sounds as a great show ... How lucky you are j !

We are also lucky, now we knwow from the setlist the tuning of Robert's guitar on A Boy I Never Knew ! Actually it's "simply" tuned one tone lower than on a standard guitar.

I would beg that the "technical difficulties" are linked to that tuning ...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on June 10, 2008, 08:19:03
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 10, 2008, 08:12:38

I'm curious if that extended bit at the end of A forest was leaning towards Forever or really just some jamming going on to close out the song?   

I was waiting for it, but it always had the Forest bass line going.  I can post a sample tomorrow (the video is uploading right now and is 150mb +....and you know as well as I do how fast Hampton's upload speeds are :roll:)

Thanks for the info and the upcoming video  :smth023

Not all Hampton's are that bad.  My poor speeds were happening at the Airport Hilton in SLC.  Their excuse, too many businessmen  :roll:

About The Boy I Never Knew, did RS really say that would be the only time they play it in the U.S.?   

DJscribbles

yes, i saw the live updates on COF, i wish i hadnt moved from Houston, cats that got the cream!

crowbi and j, - being in front of porl is SO amazing. he is one of the best guitarists from the past how many years?- and currently in the UK. i only got to see one show this tour, but right in front of him really made up for it. hes such a sweet guy too!

what seats ya got for NYC, j?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 10, 2008, 08:30:11

About The Boy I Never Knew, did RS really say that would be the only time they play it in the U.S.?   

Give a minute and I'll let you know.....

j

Quote from: DJscribbles on June 10, 2008, 08:33:58

what seats ya got for NYC, j?

I'm right in front of the board for MSG and right next to the board at RCMH

j

Quote from: j on June 10, 2008, 08:36:39
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 10, 2008, 08:30:11

Give a minute and I'll let you know.....

At the show, I thought he said that it would be the only new song they were playing tonight.  @crowbi- check your email

japanesebaby

that's a special double-opening, doing both 'out of this world' and 'want' back-to-back.

agreed about porl: it's better to be up close, to really catch him well. enjoyable.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Some pics are in the gallery.  More to come after I get home...looking forward to my flight this morning so I can sleep.  I'm rolling on 2 hours sleep right now  :smth100

Plainsong

These last few shows have got me hoping that we'll get a few surprises in Atlanta on Sunday...so much variety!

japanesebaby

Quote from: Plainsong on June 10, 2008, 16:13:14
These last few shows have got me hoping that we'll get a few surprises in Atlanta on Sunday...so much variety!

it certainly looks like they have woken up/are waking up from sleep since the euro tour...
i was certainly expecting much more static setlists for the US tour too.
i hope they won't go back to being static when/if they start touring for the new album.

j, thanks for the pics.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Freakshow

the shows and setlists sound fantastic!!!! Wish I could be there!!! :(
Show me how you do that trick...

cure_kitty

Glad you had a great show in Houston j!  Awesome set-lit & ABINK, I'm surprised they played it, I didn't think they would.  And your pictures are great in the gallery!  Thanks for sharing!  :smth023