Swine flu alert! News/Death ratio: 8176

Started by dsanchez, May 20, 2009, 02:40:31

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Swine flu alert! News/Death ratio: 8176

"During the last 13 days, up to May 6, WHO has confirmed that 25 countries are affected by Swine flu and 31 persons have died from Swine flu. WHO data indicates that about 60 000 persons died from TB during the same period. By a rough comparison with the number of news reports found by Google news search, Hans Rosling calculates a News/Death ratio and issue an alert for a media hype on Swine flu and a neglect of tuberculosis. "

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Yep, typical media hype. Anyone remember the "bird flu" from a while back that was going to wipe out the whole planet?  :roll:

They also never mention the number of people who die daily from the regular flu, which is way more than this "swine" stuff!  :!:

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 20, 2009, 04:26:41
Yep, typical media hype. Anyone remember the "bird flu" from a while back that was going to wipe out the whole planet?  :roll:

They also never mention the number of people who die daily from the regular flu, which is way more than this "swine" stuff!  :!:

oh yeah i remember that one... seems like animal illnesses get the media totally hyped up....
and suddenly they haver enough money to treat everybody, but not when it's something 'normal'...
it's a shame!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

derektrainwreck

i'm so sick of this shit.

i went to a concert and tons of people had *f*ck swine flu* tshirts