Have you had a visit from "the other side?"

Started by melly, November 19, 2007, 09:49:50

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

No, I'm not talking about the official site!! I'm talking about a spirit, a ghost, whatever you may like to call it. I have... and so have members of my family.. My beautiful Dad died nearly 11 years ago, and I KNEW that if it was possible for anyone to visit from the afterlife, my Dad would do it.Well, one occasion, about 7 months after he died, I was standing with my back to the fire, lost in my thoughts. Around the fire was a fire-place, with a shelf on top, where we had photos'etc. Suddenly, a framed photograph fell to the floor,and landed about 12 inches from the fireplace. What struck me odd, was that right in front of this photo was an ornament, and the photograph had cleared it completely, did not move it one tiny bit. I smiled, picked up the photo, and said "Hi Dad"..... so many experiences, but I would love to hear yours!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

My father died when i was very young. I never, ever dreamt of him, though I wish i did.I prayed, but he never answered. 3 days after he died, both my mum and eldest sister said that he 'visited' him.. like a vision.
I always wondered why he never appeared to me.
About 10 years ago, my father visited me in a dream. A very vivid dram, white.. light.. white surroundings.. memories mixed into one.  It was set in my uncle's place, (my father's brothers place) I was sitting in my uncle's kitchen, alone, I looked in the cupboard and saw rat poison. It was puzzling. In the hallway was my father, as I had remembered him, he was beckoning for my sister(who was my Uncle's God-daughter)... He took my sister with him... they were gone. My sister is more a resemblance to my father's side.
The very next morning, I was awoken to a phonecall from my sister saying that this Uncle had died!! We didn't even know he was sick, or dying.
It was a shock, but because of this dream, I felt that my father had come to greet my Uncle, and he was going to be looked after. It made both of us feel at peace.

i have had many other premonition dreams, but it would spook everyone out, and very personal about my baby dying.. so I'll keep this one inside.

I believe that someone will be there.. on the other side.. in some form or another.. to greet your soul and guide you in peace to a place without pain. Without feeling lost.

My thoughts. My memories.
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Hero

Wow brilliant topic! I was just talking about the meaning of life (and death!) with my mum!
I saw a "ghost" at my grannies old house when i was about 9. It was just me and her in the house and i saw a man outside the window but she lives in the country and not on the road theres a huge drive. So later i told my mum and described the man even the colour of his eyes and she showed me an old photo album and i pointed to the man i saw. It turned out it was my great grandfather who died about 5 years before i was born.
Spooky!
Also my house i live in now is very haunted but not by family or anyone i know. Especialy my study which i had a really spooky dream about a few weeks ago then my mum told me today she heard voices from in there. Things get moved or hidden a lot such as pirates of the caribbean things and ipods and black shoes! And the weird thing is the new part of the house is more haunted than the old bit which is about 250 years old!
But i believe in inbetween lifes rather than after lifes - a hard thing to understand but its just an idea - http://www.transformationpages.co.za/article_regression_example.htm
I think this is the link to a past life regression which talks about inbetween lives.

robiola

I've had a few strange experiences, but I'll just tell you all this one.
A few years ago, my sister was pregnant with twin boys. I had no children or nephews/nieces yet, and I was hugely excited. Everything was zipping along nicely, and one night, when she was 5 months along, I had a dream of two little blond blue-eyed babies floating upwards in the air waving bye-bye until they disappeared. I had a bad feeling, becuase I've had premonitions in my dreams before, but then I thought "Hey, my sister and her husband have black hair and eyes, they wouldn't be having such arian-looking kids, so it was just a fluke."
In the morning I got a call from my mom -- my sister had suddenly miscarried in the night. I've always thought the little darlings came by to say goodbye to their aunt who was awaiting their arrival so eagerly.
She had a boy a year and a half later -- white blond and blue-eyed just like his brothers!!

You're free to believe or disbelieve, y'all!!

iwannashagsimon

I think I managed to take a picture of a ghost, but nothing that I'd consider a personal experience like you guys have had.

Janko

I DONT BELIVE IN GHOSTS...
I WISH I DID!

COME TO THINK OF IT - I DONT BELIVE IN ANYTHING!

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

melly

Wow...this is powerful stuff..thanku for sharing, everyone. It's not whether you "believe" in ghosts or whatever...It's just something...hard to explain... I was going to add to the original topic....about de ja vu...as a child, I experienced this a LOT, kinda frightened me until I understood it..being somewhere you have never been before, then suddenly, time stands still, and you know, you just know, what's going to happen next...It happens now, particularly the last couple of weeks...I don't know why.
Yes, it is comforting to know that a beloved is "still around" so to speak... Later, Ill tell you what happened to my parents, in an old house they renovated...it was incredible!!
Dreams are a common source of premonitions and visitations... I find it fascinating....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

robiola

Quote from: melly on November 19, 2007, 23:47:59
Dreams are a common source of premonitions and visitations... I find it fascinating....
When we are awake our mind ties us down to the concrete, visible things, things we can perceive through the senses. In sleep we are defenceless and open to stimuli from other.. realities? dimensions? planes of consciousness? Who knows... I think our subconscious is familiar with things we don't have any knowledge of.
I never believed these things until I had one too many "strange" experiences. It kind of scared me, but it makes you feel "connected" in a way, makes a non-religious person like me hope and think that somewhere there's more than what we see and know...
I haven't had any more of these "premonitions" since I had a child -- too tied down to wordly things-stress-daily routine I guess!

Hero

I find it fascinating too, sometimes i scare myself a bit though. I have had dreams of ferrys sinking, planes crashing and natural disasters only to wake up and see that they have happened although my dreams are not always very clear. Its happened too many times for me to think its a coincidence but they were more frequent when i was younger. i did buy a book called Are you psychic but as of yet i have been too scared to read it!

Cure Freak

The closest to anything I've experiece, was a visual. Not a ghost.

I had an ex friend who was heavy into pagan magic. And he taught me a couple of things. The first was to close your eyes and relax. And while doing this, see if you visualize anything.
I happen to see blue flashes of light and a few images in blue.
Then , he gave a chant that deal with light(blue) and I was to sit in front of a mirror, in the dark and with a burning candle. when i chanted a few times , I saw my deseased daughter, in a blue reflection, in the mirror. It only lasted for a minute.
This happened last year.

LuvURobert

Wow!  :shock: I don't know what to say here except this topic is pretty freaky!  My dad and I were just talking about this the other day.  I just lost my mom a week ago on November 12th, and my dad and I were crying and wishing that she would just show us a sign so that we would know that she was ok.

I really would like to believe! I would give anything to get a message from her right now.  :cry: :cry: :cry:
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

Quote from: LuvURobert on November 21, 2007, 04:22:46
Wow!  :shock: I don't know what to say here except this topic is pretty freaky!  My dad and I were just talking about this the other day.  I just lost my mom a week ago on November 12th, and my dad and I were crying and wishing that she would just show us a sign so that we would know that she was ok.

I really would like to believe! I would give anything to get a message from her right now.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

My heart goes out to you and your Dad...it's 11 years today I lost my lovely father..I miss him every day, but, I tell you in all honesty, the ache in your heart will ease somewhat as time goes by. I have found, through my own experiences, and those of friends,that a recently deceased loved one usually doesn't make any contact for around 6 months, something to do with "transition". It could be a little earlier, but please don't expect something straight away. It's just the way it is. I was like you, hurting with hope that Dad would let me know all was well, and I started to think nothing was going to happen. Then it did. And many times; my Mum, sister and son also experienced small, yet subtle contact. So, grieve, but remember the happy times. Support each other. And just let the contact "happen"; don't make it all consuming. You have enough to cope with at the moment. With sincere condolences...Melly  xx

melly

Here is an example LuvURobert...it doesn't always have to bee a vision.
I was in my bathroom, and had a dreadfully sore throat. Feeling down ( obviously, not long after Dad had gone) and pretty sorry for myself, I washed my face, and as I was drying it, this overwhelming "smell" filled the bathroom. I stood there thinking " I KNOW that smell, what IS it"..Suddenly, it dawned on me. When we were kids, Dad used to gargle with this strong stuff called TCP.. a cureall for everything!! I have never bought it. Yet, the bathroom was filled with this familiar scent, really strong. I smiled, tears in my eyes, knowing it was my Dad trying to help.
So...there are many ways to let you know they are around...just be patient..

Cure Freak

Quote from: LuvURobert on November 21, 2007, 04:22:46

So sorry to hear this hon. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
And givng you lots of love.

scatcat

Quote from: melly on November 21, 2007, 07:24:29
Here is an example LuvURobert...it doesn't always have to bee a vision.
I was in my bathroom, and had a dreadfully sore throat. Feeling down ( obviously, not long after Dad had gone) and pretty sorry for myself, I washed my face, and as I was drying it, this overwhelming "smell" filled the bathroom. I stood there thinking " I KNOW that smell, what IS it"..Suddenly, it dawned on me. When we were kids, Dad used to gargle with this strong stuff called TCP.. a cureall for everything!! I have never bought it. Yet, the bathroom was filled with this familiar scent, really strong. I smiled, tears in my eyes, knowing it was my Dad trying to help.
So...there are many ways to let you know they are around...just be patient..

LuvU.. It will happen one day, it took almost 20 years for me, only 3 months for my mum and oldest sister.. I guess they were old enough to not be freaked out. I was less than 8 years old when my dad died.I was upset, thinking, 'why doesn't he come and visit me?'.. it took my uncle's death for him to visit me. Dreams are powerful.
I want to say this.. waiting for it to occur.. it may not. I spent my whole life wishing on the stars, thinking my dad was up there. The very stars he showed me.
My heart goes out to you.. your mum is released from the pain,duty and burdens here, she will be free.  [Visions ( if you do get them) usually take about 3 months to occur.]
For now, there are memories to dance with, relive and experience. Remember the messages she gave to you whilst here.. love.
  :smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life