2012.07.09 Roma - Ippodromo delle Capannelle 'Rock in Roma' (Italy)

Started by dsanchez, January 18, 2012, 09:25:13

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Setlist

(Tape) Open, High, The End of the World, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love, Doing the Unstuck, Play For Today, A Forest, Bananafishbones, Pictures of You, Lullaby, The Caterpillar, The Walk, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Trust, Want, The Hungry Ghost,Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, End.

Encore 1: Same deep Water as You
Encore 2: The Kiss, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, Fight
Encore 3: Dressing Up, Lovecats, Close to Me, Just One Kiss, Let's Go To Bed,Why Can't I Be You?, Boys Don't Cry

Curefans.com meetings

Sunday, July 8, 20h00

Meeting the day before the concert at the La Locanda dei Spiriti

Address: Via dei Cessati Spiriti 22, Roma
Web: http://www.locandadeispiritiallegri.it/photo-gallery-.html
Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/433950983311348/

Monday, July 9,12h45

Lunch the day of the show at L'Allegra Fattoria

Address: Via delle Capannelle 93, Roma
Web: http://www.allegrafattoria.it/dove_siamo.html
Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/335533166524577

This restaurant is located very close to the venue! Make sure you make a reservation. We have already booked a table for six people, if you want to join us, please let us know to info@curefans.com

See you :smth023

Curefans.com members attending this show

Lady
disintegration
plainsong16
erpomata
faith77
the cure ultras palermo
NeverForget
Jojo denovan
jesscat13
dsanchez
jakso
AndrewV127
413dream
fabiodontcry
Iris_85
JessTrust

General Information

Tickets
€ 63.25
http://www.ticketone.it/ 

Program

Doors: 16h30
Denimor: 17h25
Paolo Benvegnu: 17h55
Cranes: 18h45
Crystal Castles: 20h00
The Cure: 21h30

http://www.rockinroma.com/126-concerto-rock-in-roma-The-Cure-+-Crystal-Castles-+-The-Cranes-+-Paolo-Benvegnu%27-+-Denimor.html

QuoteAl "ROCK IN ROMA 2012": il 9 luglio, THE CURE!
E' questa la notizia che migliaia di fan attendevano da tempo e che ora si fa certezza!
Le prevendite partono mercoledì 18 gennaio, ore 15.00, su ticketone (www.ticketone.it) e da lunedì 23 gennaio nei circuiti di prevendita ufficiali del Rock in Roma Festival.
Il costo dei  biglietti è di 55 euro + dp
Nel 2011 hanno suscitato un'eco strepitosa sia la partecipazione al "Bestival" all'Isola di Wight, un concerto con oltre 30 brani in scaletta, sia il concerto tenuto alla Royal Albert Hall a Londra, intitolato "Reflections", nel quale la band ha suonato per intero dal vivo i primi 3 album della propria carriera, cioè "Three Imaginary Boys", "Seventeen Seconds" e "Faith".
Così The Cure, ovvero Robert Smith (voce e chitarra), Simon Gallup (basso), Jason Cooper (batteria) e Roger O'Donnell (tastiere) per il 2012 hanno deciso di tornare "live" con un set di quasi tre ore di musica.
La scaletta prevede canzoni tratte dai 14 album di inediti della loro carriera, incluse quelle che fanno parte del loro epico lavoro "Wish", del quale quest'anno ricorre il ventennale.
La miscela "esclusiva" dei Cure è fatta di indimenticabili canzoni dall'atmosfera umorale e stralunata che ha aperto la strada a una nuova era nella musica popolare contemporanea e li identificò, fin da subito, come predestinati alla grandezza assoluta. le nuove generazioni seguono ancora oggi il suono inconfondibile dei Cure e ne fanno la colonna sonora della propria vita".
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

erpomata

yes.
rock in roma is a festival, i think now it's ten years , played in a horse racing ground called capannelle just about 7 km from rome, about 3 km from ciampino airport. i live in the town of ciampino, so i could go there walking!
each night there is only one gig on the main stage, and other little gigs on stages after the end of the main. of course there are restaurants and bars.
1 km from the venue there is a railway station that links with termini, the central station in rome, in about 10 minutes.

today i'll buy my ticket...
a little prize after two bad years...

fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

dsanchez

Quote from: erpomata on January 18, 2012, 13:13:17
yes. rock in roma is a festival, i think now it's ten years , played in a horse racing ground called capannelle just about 7 km from rome, about 3 km from ciampino airport. i live in the town of ciampino, so i could go there walking!

wow, that's great to know! There's a flight from Bratislava (where I am living) to Rome Ciampino Airport with RyanAir, so I might be going to this one! Actually, all RyanAir flights to Roma go to this airport, so I am sure it will be convenient for those who live outside Italy :smth023

Do you know the venue's capacity? Do you think this will be sold out?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

erpomata

yes ciampino is the "ryan air" airport...
then there is a bus to ciampino railway station , not more than 10 min and then only 5 min train to capannelle, for a little charge of 2 euro  :-D  in ciampino there are 3 or 4 good hotels, the prices are about 60 euro for a double  room.
of course i could give my help for infos or anything needed. i'll go by car, it's easier, so if anyone needs can go with me  ;)

about the venue, usually the stage is located perpendicular in that piece of ground between the main stand of Ippodromo and the race ground, to form a sort of arena, so people can go on the stand, i think it's about 1000 people, or stay in front of the stage on the grass! at peter gabriel show in 2007 there were 7-8000 people but the venue was full for 2/3. acustic is usually very good.

erpomata

hey
yesterday i was coming back home in my car and passed in front of the ippodromo...i pass there almost every day. so i took the distance between capannelle and ciampino airport km 3,200!!!
you could go walking!!!  :-D

ok tomorrow at 3pm tickets are on sale and i'll be at the shop.

ciao a tutti

erpomata

erpomata

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

erpomata

my brother too will come to the show...after years when we lived together of forced listenings to cure albums, now he says it's time to see why a 47 years old is so in love with this group.
poor brother, i made him hate the cure in the past  :-D

jesscat13

I'm coming to this one and also Milano in Italy...Ill be coming from Santiago-Chile,,, first stop is Barcelona...hope to see you all there :)
YEAHHHHHHHHHH

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

erpomata

:smth023
happy to meet you in rome.
maybe we'll find time to have an italian coffe at my home  :-D

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on March 22, 2012, 21:45:21
Just bought my ticket. See you in Roma!

:rocker
Quote from: jesscat13 on February 04, 2012, 10:14:12
I'm coming to this one and also Milano in Italy...Ill be coming from Santiago-Chile,,, first stop is Barcelona...hope to see you all there :)

AMAZING!!!!!!! :rocker :smth035
I'm going to Rome and Lisbon!! ;)
I'm very happy to see you guys....for the SECOND time!!!! :-D  :smth055
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]