Robert's Birthday and Fan-Interviews on the Radiostation

Started by Trust..., April 22, 2009, 09:39:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

The radiostation in Belgium "Studio Brussel" where celebrating Robert's Smith 50th Birthday Yesterday.

They did that as follows:
Each hour they played a cure-song in following order:

8.00   - 9.00 am  A Forest
9.00   - 10.00 am Let's go to bed
10.00  - 11.00 am Just Like Heaven
11.00  - 12.00 am Close to me
12.00  - 13.00 pm Friday I'm in Love
14.00  - 15.00 pm Lullaby
15.00  - 16.00 pm Boy's Don't Cry
17.00  - 18.00 pm Fascination Street
19.00  - 20.00 pm Jumping someone else's train
20.00  - 21.00 pm Let's go to bed
21.00  - 22.00 pm From the edge of the deep green sea (request from Heron)

I sended a message that I had made a page for the 30th Anniversary Book, so they asked me to have an interview about that book. You can hear it here: http://www.stubru.be/node/90744?page=1 Click on ZIJ VERTELT in bold

The Translation (because almost nobody can understand Dutch  :D)

Sam: Vicky, sended a page for the anniversary book, I don't understand it very well so I goanne call her.
Sam: Vicky, Vicky ...Are you there?
Me: Good afternoon Sam.
Sam: Can you tell me more about that anniversary book?
Me: Yes, sure, it's not alone Robert's Birthday today, it's almost 30 years ago that there debutalbum came out.   It  was May 1979. Because of that fact, they descided in the US to make a fanbook and they asked all the fans arround the world to make a page for this book.

Sam: Oh so beautiful!
Me: Yes, they received arround 50 pages for that book, from everywhere in the world. From Australia, Russia, USA, and many more country's also Belgium.
Sam: And you are in that book?
Me: Yes, I have also a page, I've sended it also!
Sam: So YOU have a page in that great fanbook, THE Anniversary book for The Cure, THE Anniversary Book for Robert Smith!
Me: Yes, indeed, that's correct ! I've maded a page with Calligraphics. I put my thanks on it.
Sam: FANTASTIC!
Me: The book was given last Friday 17/04 in Las Vegas. The Cure was given there a show.
Sam: Send HE (RS) you an email to thank you?
Me: No we haven't received anything yet; who knows maby on the off. site from The Cure a word of thank ...???
The nice thing of the book is that it's goanne be published in a printed version. In two sizes, one like the original and one in an smaller format to make it possible for every person!
Sam: Really??
Sam: That's amazing good news !!!!!
I've hearded you are a HUGE fan from The Cure
Me: Ok if they say that, it's goanne be right. Ha. Others say it all the time so I guess it's correct.
Sam: You are ceebraing this birthday ofcourse but I've hearded you are also celebrating another Birthday?
Me: That's correct; It's also my husband's Birthday today. His 40th Birthday.
Sam: No, it's not truth, you choose him just for that!
Me: No it's pure coincidence!!
Sam: Yes, Yes, ... pure coincidence ??
Me: So by this, also my Birthday wishes to my husband ofcourse!
Sam: Ofcourse. Also a hip hip hoi for your husband! 40 years cann also count ... difficult age ?? But 50 years is much heavier to wear! Still 10 Years to go!
Sam: Please your husband and turn a lot of Cure-Music
Me: Sure; I will do that! Can I say just  one thing more ??
Sam: Go on you can tell it.
Me: To all the curefans out there. If you wanne now more about The Cure! Go and visit www.curefans.com. The meeting point for curefans worldwide. a great forum where you can find several things.
Sam: Congratulation about your page in the fanbook for Robert Smith. Have fun today! Bye
Me: Bye

So, I hope everyone can understand me now  :-D

Later at the evening the called Heron from the US about the Coachella show. She's also the creater of the book.

It was an special experience and I hope you all enjoying this.

Greetings,

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Vicky, in name of all the forum I want to thank you so much for your support to Curefans.com! I am very glad to hear our small community mentioned in the belgian station  :smth020

I took the time to capture the interviews and attach them here as mp3 (download below)!

*First interview is in dutch with Trust (Vicky)
*The second interview is about the Coachella incidents and the Happy 30th Anniversary Book. The interview (in english) is with also Curefans.com member HaloCure (Heron)

Thanks again Trust!

ps. just increased in your karma points as way to thank you :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on April 22, 2009, 12:02:51
Vicky, in name of all the forum I want to thank you so much for your support to Curefans.com! I am very glad to hear our small community mentioned in the belgian station  :smth020

I took the time to capture the interviews and attach them here as mp3 (download below)!

*The second interview is about the Coachella incidents and the Happy 30th Anniversary Book. The interview (in english) is with also Curefans.com member HaloCure (Heron)

Thanks again Trust!

Hey David,

It was with many pleasure to mentioned curefans.com !
It was a wonderful experience and thank you for the karma points  ;)

Thank you for making the mp3-files to.

They interviewed also 3 famous people (in Belgium) they said so many great and sweet things about Robert and The Cure!! I can't translated everything but one thing they all said:

"Robert Smith is a really nice British Gentlemen !! (Except his hair  :-D)

Greetings,
Vicky

Lady

Compliments Trust!  :smth023
The interview  is really interesting and of course thanks to have mentioned curefans.com! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Trust...

Do you know what's so nice was to hear !

The radio people asked me If I have any important news that's should be told on the radio, I may let them know :)

And ofcourse that's what I goanne do :)

I heard from Heron there is no 4:13 album in  the radiostation  :smth011
I will contact them about this, because I can't understand it  :shock:

Greetings,

Trust...

Trust...

helloimageifonly

Thanks again Trust!

David, thank you for saving this as audio because the original page doesn't open anymore.

Vicky, It is a truly amazing thing that you are responsible for 1 of the 50 pages in this book :)

I am happy that I have met you this weekend (40th anniversary Hyde Park)

Trust...

Quote from: helloimageifonly on July 11, 2018, 23:49:32

Thanks again Trust!

David, thank you for saving this as audio because the original page doesn't open anymore.

Vicky, It is a truly amazing thing that you are responsible for 1 of the 50 pages in this book :)

I am happy that I have met you this weekend (40th anniversary Hyde Park)

Thanks, did you also ckick on this link http://chainofroberts.blogspot.com/2009/04/other-voices-signed-sealed-delivered.html

There you can see the story from Heron with a picture from my page in that book ;-)
It was a great pleasure to meet you! I'm glad to know a female Belgium Curefan ;-)

helloimageifonly

Quote from: Trust... on July 12, 2018, 09:52:29
Thanks, did you also ckick on this link http://chainofroberts.blogspot.com/2009/04/other-voices-signed-sealed-delivered.html
There you can see the story from Heron with a picture from my page in that book ;-)

Yes I have read it! Amazing that you took part in this :)
Could you maybe post a foto here of your page in the fanbook? It is something to be truly proud of!

Trust...