Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

I'm happy about the unexpected "financial injection" in the last month. That gives me more leeway in the first quarter. Many thanks to my pension insurer and my energy supplier! and... I have to be careful, I might not be single much longer. ♊️😶♎️
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 02, 2023, 19:16:50... I have to be careful, I might not be single much longer.

Good luck to you! And take care indeed, or all of the "financial injection" will soon be gone.  :winking_tongue
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

... I solved not one, but two crosswords today, so no one can say I'm a non-achiever. :beaming-face :D

MeltingMan

I couldn't believe it anymore myself, but now it's becoming apparent that I'm back in a relationship. However, it's not official yet. It will still be a long way, but the basis and the direction are right. ♊️😌♎️

Ulrich

Well I'm happy about seeing the sun(set) when some days here are grey/foggy...

Quote from: MeltingMan on February 13, 2023, 16:08:57...it's becoming apparent that I'm back in a relationship. However, it's not official yet.

Good luck to you on your way there!  :smth023

MeltingMan

Saw two people again after five to six years each. Life is slowly coming back...  :cool

dsanchez

My accountant managed to get me a tax refund... :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Totally happy about spending an evening in Munich with The Damned and a lot of (old and new) friends!  :happy

First of all, my mate Michael was kind enough to drive all the way to Munich & back (took about 90mins, but it felt like 20 mins, because we chatted happily about old and new times).
At the gig, I met a woman I'd only known via the internet before. I'd seen many photos of her, so I immediately recognised her when she walked in. Nice to finally be able to chat a bit and enjoy some music together (or apart, because her favourite spot near the front seemed too loud for my ears).

Also I met another guy I knew from gigs way back, but hadn't seen in 20 years. We also recognised each other immediately.

How cool was that... and the gig itself was rather good too! Many new songs, soon to be released on "Darkadelic".

P.S.: In the audience, I saw quite a few people wearing The Cure t-shirts (from the recent tour), which made me happy as well.

MeltingMan

Quote from: FOCUS onlineAxel Springer is resigning from the entire "Bild" editor-in-chief. This emerges from a press release by Axel Springer. The editor-in-chief will in future consist of two instead of four people.

Marion Horn will take over as editor-in-chief with immediate effect, and Robert Schneider will become editor-in-chief of "Bild" as planned in mid-April, Axel Springer announced on Thursday in Berlin.
The current editors-in-chief Johannes Boie, Alexandra Würzbach and Claus Strunz are stepping down from their previous roles. Boie took up the post of editor-in-chief on October 18, 2021, succeeding Julian Reichelt.

Marion Horn is back - very good.  :smth023

Ulrich

... I spontaneously went to an event with someone reciting poems & stories (about the 4 seasons), while a woman on piano and a man on violoncello were playing musical pieces (by Vivaldi, Schumann and others).

Ulrich

... my trip to Frankonia was a great day. Saw a few nice places, then went to the gig, where I met so many nice people (incl. the artist himself, TV Smith & his partner Sally)! The concert itself was very good, after four years I got the goosebumps listening to those old & new songs...

Here is a pic from a nice little town in Frankonia:

Ulrich

... I might have made a new acquaintance. Not long ago I reported this:

Quote... I've been reading some issues of "Time" magazine (my mother knows a lady who's married to an American, so he gave those to her for me to read)...

To say "thank you" I gave my mother a card with a handwritten note for the man, which he seems pleased about. He might need someone to chat to occasionally, as his wife's friends mostly speak only German.

He's about twice my age (over 100 years old!) and used to fly helicopter for the U.S.A. (I guess he was in Korea and/or Vietnam). That is so far removed from "my world", that any conversation can only be interesting!!  :1f62e:  :happy

MeltingMan

It must be summertime or the days getting longer, anyway I saw two people after a long absence including hippiecat who is registered here with us.  :)

Ulrich

... I got an invitation to be on the guestlist of a radio show (a duo playing live on a small independent radio station)! :happy

Ulrich

... because this was great fun!

Quote from: Ulrich on May 15, 2023, 19:34:10...on the guestlist of a radio show (a duo playing live on a small independent radio station)