Wish delux ready to preorder

Started by Rietan, July 28, 2022, 15:39:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

And another preview:

Sounds different/better than the mix that leaked with the "Music for Dreams" package, but it's also shorter (which isn't necessarily bad).
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

pyota

Anyone receive their copy yet? I only got an email that it shipped. Was also thinking about splurging on the RSD picture disc my local record shop said they were getting it. Slightly annoying that they sell the black vinyl and only later announce the picture disc but whatever ...

Matti

I got mine last Friday, here's my first impression of...

CD 1 (original album)
I do agree with what RS has said about the original mix, that it sounds a bit flat, or compressed or whatever. This is really a release that deserves the term "remaster". To me it sounds much clearer, livelier, and  more transparent. Nice invitation to rediscover a great album. In some cases I even discovered things I didn't know or remember they were there in the first place. And the guitar solo on Deep Green Sea takes me to yet another level of "How the f**k are you actually doing that?"

(to be continued)
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

tzare

Still waiting for mine, ordered at recordstore, but i'm in Barcelona so it will take a few days, maybe this week if i'm lucky.
So far listening to it via Tidal/apple music, but i'm not a fan of streaming services, i usually rip my CDs and upload them to Youtube Music.

pyota

Quote from: Matti on November 28, 2022, 19:10:51I got mine last Friday, here's my first impression of...

CD 1 (original album)
I do agree with what RS has said about the original mix, that it sounds a bit flat, or compressed or whatever.

I always felt that the cd format of 80s albums were much quieter than the vinyl or tape equivalents. Nice to get that fixed in the remasters.

Ulrich

Yesterday I went to a shop and bought the 3disc version (hard to believe, but such things as shops do still exist!). Couldn't believe my luck when I went up to pay and saw the sign which announced "20% discount on everything today"!  :happy

First thing I listened to was the "lost wishes", it was a pleasure to hear these (remastered) instrumentals. Next I listened to some demos, which I will continue today (plus probably the remastered album).  :cool
The holy city breathed like a dying man...