The Cureheads frontman retires, last show with him March 31st 2023 in Brighton

Started by dsanchez, November 06, 2022, 00:10:41

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Missed this but might be a good opportunity to visit Brighton and pass by Crawley ;)

From TheCureHeads Facebook:

QuoteWith great sadness we announce that our frontman and founder Gary has decided to retire from The Cureheads to concentrate on his own music  The Hiram Key
"It's been an amazing run of 32 years and I've loved most of it, but I have a family now and am really loving family life more than traipsing around the world  dressed as somebody else and can't commit the time it takes to herd kittens around the globe anymore. My last Cureheads & Budgies show will be at Concorde 2 in Brighton on March 31st 2023 where I will introduce you to my successor, whose job it will be to immediately address the energy crisis... oh no that's a different thread in the space time continuum..... you know what I mean. Thank you for the 3 great decades and all the free beer. Whoever inherits the Mary Quant lipstick and the high top Vans will have an absolute blast.... I'll be mainly crooning anti cancel culture songs in smaller venues"
Know a Robert Smith? Our new front man will be able to make all the Robert Noises with their mouth and on a guitar and be able to engage an audience for a 90 min set.
PM for a chat and an audition.
Know someone more Robert Smith than Robert Smith? Please share.
(Roger O'Donnell need not apply).
Promoters.. Gary will still be dealing with future bookings.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo