The Mission Farewell Tour’ 2008

Started by Amelia, October 17, 2007, 15:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia

THE MISSION 'FAREWELL' EUROPEAN TOUR!
In light of Wayne Hussey’s recent decision to call it a day for The Mission with the last ever shows being the 4 London Shepherds Bush Empire shows at the end of February, the band have decided to play one last final, farewell European tour.
We realize that not everybody can afford either the time nor the money to get to Shepherds Bush so we are coming to you! Whilst the London shows remain a unique ‘album per night’ event the mainland Europe shows will feature a selection of songs from all periods of the band’s history but with the emphasis on the first four albums. We hope to be able to see you there. Tickets on sale shortly. The tour in full:

The Mission ‘Farewell Tour’ 2008
Feb:
Tues 5th: Waregam Expo
Wed 6th: Paris Locomotive
Thur 7th: Marseille Le Poste A Galene
Fri 8th: Barcelona Bikini
Sat 9th: Madrid Heineken
Sun 10th: Malaga Teatro Cerventes
Wed 13th: Milan Transilvania
Thur 14th: Rome Circolo Degli Artisti
Fri 15th: Florence Flog
Sat 16th: Rimini Velvet
Sun 17th: Zagreb Boogaloo
Mon 18th: Budapest A38
Tue 19th: Vienna Arena
Thur 21st: Hamburg Fabrik
Fri 22nd: Berlin Maria
Sat 23rd: Dresden Schleife Eins
Sun 24th: Koln Live Music Hall
Mon 25th: Utrecht Tivoli
Wed 27th: London Shepherds Bush Empire
Thur 28th: London Shepherds Bush Empire
Fri 29th: London Shepherds Bush Empire
March:
Sat 1st: London Shepherds Bush Empire....
ave been confirmed as:

Weds. 27th Feb: The Sisters Of Murphy  ('First Chapter 'night)
Thurs. 28th Feb: Claytown Troupe ('God's Own Medicine' night)
Fri. 29th: Balaam & The Angel ('Children' night)
Sat. 1st March: Miles Hunt & Erica Nockalls  ('Carved In Sand' night and the last ever Mission show!)

Amelia

MISSION STATEMENT FROM WAYNE
I know I promised you a statement about my, and the band’s, future a little while ago but I’ve had to deliberate long and hard about this so I’ve taken my time as this hasn’t come as an easy decision for me to make.
I love this band and have spent the best part of my adulthood dedicated to the cause. However, I do think it’s time for me to try something else.
I’ve decided that the February London Shepherds Bush shows will be the last Mission shows. The reasons are myriad and involved and I certainly wouldn’t want to bore you with all the details.
However, I do think I owe you at least some explanation.
Firstly, I want to say that in GIAB I think we made an album that stands more than favourably alongside anything we/I have ever released as The Mission. GIAB is a great way to bow out. I mean, I have made some crap albums and it would’ve been sad to have finished with one of them. But with GIAB we go out with our heads held high and secure in the knowledge that our final album is a real goodie.
And that also brings me to the idea that the Shepherds Bush shows be the last ones.....That is another great way to end. I wanted the band to finish on a high and what better way to finish than by playing these 4 London shows celebrating the history of The Mission.
This is an opportunity for us to play for you, you who have been so loyal and supportive to both myself and the band over the years, and to be able to say goodbye in an appropriate setting and manner. It will be emotional, I’m sure, for me as well as for you.
Life after Shepherds Bush? I’m not sure yet but I have been working pretty much non-stop on Mission related projects for the last 4 years and more to the detriment of my desire to work on other projects and collaborations. I would really like to be able to go into my studio to write and make new music without thinking ‘How can I make this work for The Mission?’
I shall greatly miss The Mission, Mark, Rich, and Springy, but I just feel it’s time for me to try something new. I’m not gonna say I’ll never come back to The Mission because, as you know, this has happened before back in the mid 90’s and I may well want a return to doing this again after a sabbatical. Who knows? I certainly don’t at this point.
Anyway, I’d just like to finish by thanking you for your support over the last 22 years that The Mission has been in existence and I hope to be able to say goodbye to you all in person at the Shepherds Bush shows next February. Hopefully see you there for one last big ol’ knees-up.
Cheers,
Wayne
www.themissionuk.com
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janko

OH, MAN...
I'M GUTTED!

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY...
THE MISSION ARE AMONG MY TOP 10 BANDS EVER!

THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME, BUT I AM AWARE OF THE DIFFICULTIES THE BANDS LIKE MISSION FACE NOWADAYS...

(I'M SURE THAT THE CURE ARE ON THE SAME BOAT)

THEN AGAIN, I THINK WAYNE DIDNT HAVE TO PACK IT UP!

HE COULD GO INTO RETIREMENT WITHOUT THIS "FAREWELL TOUR" STUFF BECAUSE NOW IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S INTO PATHOS...

HOWEVER, I'LL LOVE THE MISSION UNTILL I DIE!

:cry:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Druide

In February and march...lot of shows for me...Mission and Cure

See you in Paris, Marseille, Barcelona and for the 4 last shows in London....!!!

:)
...Dancing in my pocket...

Amelia

Quote from: Druide on October 17, 2007, 15:50:33
In February and march...lot of shows for me...Mission and Cure

See you in Paris, Marseille, Barcelona and for the 4 last shows in London....!!!

:)
and me
9 feb. Mission in Madrid
13 feb. The Cure i København
21 feb Mission in Hamburg
23 feb Mission in Dresden??
26 feb - 02mars Mission in Uk
12 marts The Cure in Paris
20 mars The Cure in Wembley

[labyrinth]

i'm sorry to hear this!
i'll miss "the mission"
i used to like them!

psichonaut

no one knows where are on sale the tickets for the italian gigs?
it's days and days that i'm looking for the link
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

Druide

Quote from: psichonaut on October 18, 2007, 00:51:38
no one knows where are on sale the tickets for the italian gigs?
it's days and days that i'm looking for the link

Not yet....

:smth001
...Dancing in my pocket...

ROGUE