IS IT POSSIBLE TO REOPEN POLLS???

Started by LuvURobert, December 22, 2007, 04:43:01

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvURobert

I've noticed a lot of old threads being brought back to life lately with polls that have already been closed.

Is there a way to either:
1.) reopen the closed polls
2.) even better have an ongoing poll that would automatically update itself if someone voted?? 
3.) or should people just start a whole new thread with the same topic if a poll has already been closed??

Not sure if the 2nd suggestion is even possible, but it would be nice to see some results as people are still interested in past topics.

Anyway, just a thought....

Thanks in advance!
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

rubcure

I agree with you LuvURobert...  :smth038

Why don't you re-open this polls? There are a lot of new people here and while we are waiting for the new album could be a good idea review all albums and share new votes... Thanks!  :smth023

P.S. Viva The Cure!!  :rocker
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

scatcat

Yay!!! i agree, new polls would be great!!  :smth023

@LuvURobert: love ur new avatar.. it makes me smile!  :smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

i've really no idea how to do that, re-open any closed polls - or if it even can be done anymore.  :smth017
maybe david knows... :?:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: LuvURobert on December 22, 2007, 04:43:01
I've noticed a lot of old threads being brought back to life lately with polls that have already been closed.

Is there a way to either:
1.) reopen the closed polls
2.) even better have an ongoing poll that would automatically update itself if someone voted?? 
3.) or should people just start a whole new thread with the same topic if a poll has already been closed??

It all depends of the person who created the poll. For example, some people create a poll where anyone can vote all the time, and some people might create the poll just for one or two weeks. It all depends.

Anyway, yes, it's possible to "re-open" polls. Anyone of the admins or mods can do it (just edit the poll and change the settings). Which poll would you like to be re-open?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

all of the album polls, plus the new re-mastered/deluxe editions... I think they have to be seperate, because they are entirely different, as far as releases go.. that then means a seperate poll for the:
1. ORIGINAL, and
2.THE DELUXE/RE-MASTERED
3.favourite video poll
etc.. if it is possible..?? :smth023

with hope  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

I am the guilty one for re-opening of previously closed topics/polls..  :smth100
I have used the search-control and raked through previously posted topics, so as to not repeat topics, so maybe time for an update?  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on December 22, 2007, 20:57:34
all of the album polls, plus the new re-mastered/deluxe editions... I think they have to be seperate, because they are entirely different, as far as releases go.. that then means a seperate poll for the:
1. ORIGINAL, and
2.THE DELUXE/RE-MASTERED
3.favourite video poll
etc.. if it is possible..?? :smth023

with hope  :rocker

Lara, I re-opened all the polls concerning the albums (hope I didnt forget some). If there are not polls for "Deluxe" albums you would have to create a new poll. However, in my personal view, I think it would be enough to let just the album polls and not create new polls for EACH deluxe relase. Maybe would be enough just to open a single poll asking what deluxe edition the people like it most...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

:rocker
excellent!!
thanks David  :smth023

~edit~.. sorry david.. I remember that 17 seconds has been left off the original polls...
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on December 22, 2007, 21:21:22
~edit~.. sorry david.. I remember that 17 seconds has been left off the original polls...

I forgot to reopen this poll or this poll does not exist?
If it does not exist, you can create it. If I forgot to reopen it, can you point me to the address where this poll is located?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3469.0.html

these are the listed polls I have been dredging up.. I am sorry for the trouble.. :smth100
17 seconds does not exist on this list, but not sure if anywhere else?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on December 22, 2007, 21:30:03
http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3469.0.html

these are the listed polls I have been dredging up.. I am sorry for the trouble.. :smth100

I see!

Yes, 17 seconds is not there, hence, you can create a new poll about that in the albums board, I will add a link to that page later :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rubcure

Thanks for reopen polls David;  :smth023 now; we can vote there!!  :rocker
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

LuvURobert

:smth023 Thanks everyone, especially David, for all the help!!  I really appreciate the info as I didn't know how polls worked here.

Have a great day everyone, cheers!!  :smth045

p.s. ~ Lara, I'm glad you like my new av!  Thought it was fitting for Christmas!!  :smth047
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"