treasure
6 (5.5%)
bare
12 (11%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Sussex

For now,

TREASURE  :smth023

Really appreciate the lyric of the song and from the lyric i know Robert Smith better. 
"Thick As Shit"

CureCrusader

WANT     :smth023

Jupiter Crash... next up !
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Ulrich

Difficult to say, it's a close call between Want, This Is A Lie and Jupiter Crash...
I really liked this album a lot back when it was new. After all, I had been waiting nearly 4 years after "Wish" until finally there was a new album! So I had to like it, eh?  ;)
I like(d) the diversity of material (just as with KM KM KM), though I gotta admit not all songs are that strong and indeed some of the B-sides at the time were better and should've been on the album.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Virpi

it is hard to say which is the best
but it is

Want,
This Is A Lie or
Bare
...cry like the stone white clown and stand lost forever in a happy crowd...

Rickenbacker4003

If I tried hard I could keep about 5-6 songs from this and add their best song that's not even on this album but a b-side 'It Used To Be Me'.  How they couldn't put this on the album over Round & Round & Round, Strange Attraction or Gone! is beyond me.  Shoot even Adonais and Pink Dream are better.  If I had my way I would've made WMS an 8 song album that wasn't half bad just from choice of songs from the sessions.
"You're dying for the hope is gone, from here we go nowhere again."

closedown

Treasure for me is the outstanding song on the album - again one of those overall things -> good lyrics, good production, and excellent arrangement - love Robert's vocals on that song as well, basically classic Cure and that is always a good sign. And again one of those totally underrated + underplayed songs!
Some songs I can't stand on this album - as some already said, way better b-sides than album stuff at times - totally dislike things like Gone, Club America, Crap, Round & Round... and did I mention Crap? a strong 10-song album would be possible with different tracklisting, though. other faves on the album are This Is A Lie, Want, Numb, Bare (a slight bit too long for my liking) + Jupiter Crash.

Nanashi

Starnge Attraction Is My Number One!!!!!
The 13th
Bare
Numb
...Well The Whole Albums Rocks!
...The Only Exception Is Club America :)
The Summer Goes By Upon The Wind
Goes By As Though It Has Never Been
I Lift My Hand To Wipe The Tears
The Tears

I Just Can't Go On
Now My Love Has Gone Away

Now my Imaginary World Is Fading Fast
Dreams I Dreamed Could Never Last
I Lived My Innocence In The Past
And My Broken Heart...

Erik

I was disappointed by the lack of cohesion - there really isn't a "sound" to this CD,  which we we were spoiled by, with the previous few

but...  there are some great treasures on WMS.

Jupiter Crash and Want - which were heard live before the release at the 95 festivals

this worries me,  because we are getting the same treatment with some of the current new songs!!!  I hope it's not WMS part 2!!

I also really like the courage of 13th,  Gone!

I'm  kind of bored by Round and Round and Numb,  and Treasure and This is a lie

The problem is I just don't want to hear pop after hearing Want - it feels like it's misleading.  A bit like The Shake Dog Shake = Birdmad Girl,  The Kiss = Catch effect.

but individually,  each song has its own merit

Poe

I must give a shout-out to WAITING! B-side of the Mint Car single. Touching, touching song...

Anyhow, I voted for Bare. This live version (from a nice, intimate promo show in Paris) made me love it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JgJ_R959uec

By the way, Robert said this in an interview about the album: "we lived together for a year in a house, and at the end of it we ended up with an album. I had no idea how we got there or what we'd done or why we'd done it. It's slightly incoherent and unfocused." Explains one or two things.
Here's the interview (albums being reviewed by Robert):
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n3j_0lCCuFw&feature=related

And here's an interview about the album, among other things, at Jools Holland (if you want to know what house they were staying in and such...):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mrUnA8-ts
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

PAOKCURE

... but however hard I want
I know deep down inside
I'll never really get more hope
or any more time
:smth048
I went away alone with nothing left but faith

revolt

"Want". It´s the only great song on this album, although it sounds a tad overproduced.
Other than that, "Jupiter Crash" and "This is a lie" are good. And "The 13th" was actually a good single, certainly not worse than things like "Why can´t I be you" or "Hot Hot Hot". But most of this album is just too weak for a band like The Cure. Even the long slow songs sound kind of uninspired...

Distortedkid23

I gotta say, this album hasn't been given a full lsten from me yet but so far Trap, The 13th and Want arre up there
It is indeed an underrated Cure album but the most underrated cure album EVER is WISH!!

Violator

"Jupiter Crash." I love the ethereal and dramatic feeling it invokes

Szigi

01 Return (perfect pop, great lyrics, carnival of the musical instruments)
02 Strange Attraction (smooth music and a great, whole and heart-breaking story. One of the best lyrics)
03 Want (a brave and honest hymn, fantastic opener)

Really great and underrated album.

Jupitercrash

I'm a little late, but I'm new, I just wanted to say that WMS is for me the best album of Cure, without hesitate, I'm completely crazy and as you can see my favorite song is Jupitercrash  :-D
she brushes my face with her smile